Panzer Corps 2 - A look to the future

Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

uneducated
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Re: Panzer Corps 2 - A look to the future

Post by uneducated »

ivanov wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:48 am Please fix the lack of sound of the vehicles. The sound is very important for the immersion.
I echo this sentiment.
euramer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by euramer »

Thank you for the good job, since your last update the AI is a Devil in high definition and I love it…
I would enjoy to have an extension on more recent times, like the French Indochine war or Vietnam? US versus China?
Alternatively based on a completely non historical event like the invasion of West Europa by the East Block, with the use of tactical missiles?
jmccar2290
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Help with the not-so-obvious

Post by jmccar2290 »

Hi!

I've got the Field Marshal version nd have successfully installed base game. I am poised to invade Norway and so far am fairly happy with the game as played at "General" level of difficulty, although the AI seems passive.

Question - FM version is supposed to have two DLCs. I think I see the files... "MultiSet v01.00.03.2 and -.3" Explorer shows these as file types "2 File" and "3 File" Are these the DLCs? If not, where are DLCs?

How do I install/open them? I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, but did not find this in instructions manual.

Thx in advance

v/r

jm

PS - How do I disable "autosave?"
Retributarr
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Retributarr »

"jmccar2290:"

The two DLC's you are asking about, will not yet be available for a time, how long a time?, I can't tell you... but it shouldn't be to far off!.
max88

Post by max88 »

1.Destroy or limit prestige system , please.

Make realistic reinforcements system : for example before Poland mission you can get 100 infantry points of Wehr 39 ( you can create new 5 infantry units or create 3 units and keep 40 as reserve for reinforcements). In 1940 you get 30 points of Grenadiers so you are able create 1 unit (20 strength) or 2 maximum (15 x 2) and have 10 points or 0 as reserve for reinforcements.

Its unrealistic when in 1943 you are able reequip all your panzers with Pz V and Pz VI because german industry was weak for this. So like it or not but you must be forced to use PZ IV and even Pz III even in 1943. Same applies to all other units : in reality germans were forced to use even old weaponry because industry failed to meet demands of front. No matter how much your prestige in Wehrmacht but industrial capability limits your needs for new weapons.

2. It seems AI not able create new units

3. Game is very laggy in Kursk mission

4. Some heroes too op . For example hit and run. Or zero slots.

ps. My English is really weak, no offence intended against grammar nazi ))
Retributarr

Post by Retributarr »

Restrictions!... Restrictions!... No-Restrictions?:
quote: "max88"
"Its unrealistic when in 1943 you are able reequip all your panzers with Pz V and Pz VI because german industry was weak for this".

I'm not sure when 'Albert Speer' Hitlers architect & industrialist czar... Image
"massively ramped up" German wartime industry... but!... it was I think either in its early stages of ramping up in 1943 or during the mid to latter stages of 1943?.

Anyway!... the concept-line-of-thought that you are proposing... should be studied in greater detail I should think. But!!!... at the same time... we also can't have the 'Russians' continue to field massive... "nearly unlimited quantities" of Super 'Hard-To-Kill'... Death-killing machines in what seems to be... unrealistic quantities... as this would seriously cause the restricted side to be severely 'Hamstrung'.
max88

Post by max88 »

Retributarr wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 5:28 pm I'm not sure when 'Albert Speer' Hitlers architect & industrialist czar...

1st SS Panzer Division Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitler.

Elite division but only 12% were new tanks at Kursk :

"Its armor strength was 12 Tiger Is, 72 Panzer IVs, 16 Panzer III and Panzer IIs," (c)
Retributarr

Post by Retributarr »

max88 wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 7:13 pm
Retributarr wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 5:28 pm I'm not sure when 'Albert Speer' Hitlers architect & industrialist czar...

1st SS Panzer Division Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitler.

Elite division but only 12% were new tanks at Kursk :

"Its armor strength was 12 Tiger Is, 72 Panzer IVs, 16 Panzer III and Panzer IIs," (c)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Translation:
Your saying that the German armed forces, as well... as in this instance... the armoured forces... were relatively poorly supplied with the latest up-to-date armour technologies. Ok!!!... I agree that... that was the case, I myself said so I think?... a year or two ago. I petitioned for a scaling of the actual availability of various equipment to be reflected in what 'You' as the 'Player' could actually deploy in the field. No-one listened!. So!... now there is a 'Free-For-All' to deploy for example... as many "KönigsTigers" as you can afford!... which of course... is 'totally absurd'.

By the 'Same-Token'... Russian inventories would also then need to be regulated to the actual production output that was available.

I would prefer that this concern was dealt with, one can only hope!.
max88

Post by max88 »

"I petitioned for a scaling of the actual availability of various equipment to be reflected in what"

It can be done in editor by using prototype system (adding reinforcements as prototype)

"Russian inventories would also then need to be regulated"

i "regulating" them right now by decreasing health points of all armor and infantry units in game
dalfrede
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by dalfrede »

Peak German fighter production was August 1944.
They ran out of pilots before they ran out of plans.

Germans stopped producing commercial cars in '42.

One can pick traits Retrograde and Green Army, just don't expect everyone else to.
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.

Return to “News & Announcements”