Moderator: Slitherine Core

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Re: Panzer Corps 2 - Spanish Civil War || Dev Diary #1

Post by Kerensky » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:59 am

kondi754 wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:35 am

first of them -> the experience gained can be used to buy additional APs, so that the player (as well as AI) can perform more attacks during his turn - then the number of units on the map and its scale could be significantly increased
I have no idea what that means. How does that enable number of units on map to significantly increase? The more actions units have, the less crowded maps have to be. It's why original Xcom with very basic units had 30 men on the Skyranger, but new Xcom fits 4 to 6, because those 6 units are each loaded to the brim with like 10 abilities each.

kondi754
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Post by kondi754 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:28 am

Kerensky wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:59 am
kondi754 wrote:

first of them -> the experience gained can be used to buy additional APs, so that the player (as well as AI) can perform more attacks during his turn - then the number of units on the map and its scale could be significantly increased
I have no idea what that means. How does that enable number of units on map to significantly increase? The more actions units have, the less crowded maps have to be. It's why original Xcom with very basic units had 30 men on the Skyranger, but new Xcom fits 4 to 6, because those 6 units are each loaded to the brim with like 10 abilities each.
I thought about large maps with a large number of various units, e.g. much more aircraft means the need to purchase more AA units, more mines, bridges, difficulties in crossing large rivers, it is necessary to invest more in strictly engineering units, while more bunkers and fortified cities mean more Pioneers or assault sappers
The possibilities are much more - eg. many side quests, not related to the main objective of the mission, but requiring high diversification of units
One last thing - big maps, many units, but noticeably fewer turns to accomplish scenario

PanzerCro
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by PanzerCro » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:36 pm

Kerensky wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:16 am
adiekmann wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:38 am
And Panzer General 3D sucked (though not because of that reason). I myself never finished playing it.
I remember Panzer General II missions as if I played them yesterday. That final mission at Oak Ridge? Burned in my brain.
I can recall Panzer Corps Grand Campaign scenarios as if I made them yesterday. Bzura, Stonne, Kharkov 42, Kursk from DLC 43 East... epic battles.
So much drama over Warsaw Uprising...

I can't remember a single detail from Panzer General 3D. I don't even remember if you invaded the USA at the end of the campaign?
The only thing I remember about Panzer General 3D was that it was so bad, it killed the franchise until Panzer Corps brought it back.
In Allied assault yes...

AlbertoC
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by AlbertoC » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:29 am

We are looking for willing testers for the upcoming DLC of Panzer Corps 2, Spanish Civil War.

If you are willing to give it a try and give us your honest opinion, you can apply here.

ErissN6
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2

Post by ErissN6 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:49 pm

kondi754 wrote:
I liked PG 3D and I don't agree that it was a disaster, I think there were many interesting solutions that could be used in PzC 2
Yes, for me PG3D system was excellent, it was 3D which killed the game, for being zoomed.

ErissN6

Post by ErissN6 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:54 pm

AlbertoC wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:29 am
We are looking for willing testers for the upcoming DLC of Panzer Corps 2, Spanish Civil War.
I would greatly apply if with this dlc comes some better integration of 3D, or even 2D 'strategic' map as a normal way to play instead.

Return to “News & Announcements”