Unable to get the Update

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

jman0war
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Unable to get the Update

Post by jman0war »

I have Panzer Corp 2 installed but cannot update it.
I get

Error:
Unable to download file
An error occured while trying to open an FTP file

When i try to install the "PanzerCorps2-MultiDLCSetup-Latest"
It says i need to have v1.1.14 of the base game.
But i cannot update it.

When i download the base game from My Page in the slitherine website, the update isn't available there.

-----
When i installed the base game i was also prompted to install DirectX, something else and Microsoft Visual C++ Restributable.
The installer was happy enough with existing versions except for the Microsoft Visual C++
It said i should remove existing versions.
My system already has several versions of Visual C++
2015-2019

What version is Panzer Corp 2 needing?
I don't want to break other programs on my system.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: Unable to get the Update

Post by VPaulus »

Yes, the update is also available in MY PAGE.
Buy you can also download it via the links offered in the forum post:
viewtopic.php?f=464&t=102765
jman0war
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by jman0war »

VPaulus wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:37 pm Yes, the update is also available in MY PAGE.
Buy you can also download it via the links offered in the forum post:
viewtopic.php?f=464&t=102765
Thanks that did the job.
gw15
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by gw15 »

So I'm running 1.01.09 and I tried to update via the auto update. It froze and didn't work. I downloaded the auto installer and ran it . It said to first uninstall the game. I did. Then it said it couldn't update because I did not have the game. I then downloaded v1.01.14 it it also said the game did not exist. So then I tried to find where to download the game again. I could not find anywhere to download the game again.

Why is this so hard?

where do I go to download the game again?
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

gw15 wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:08 am So I'm running 1.01.09 and I tried to update via the auto update. It froze and didn't work. I downloaded the auto installer and ran it . It said to first uninstall the game. I did. Then it said it couldn't update because I did not have the game. I then downloaded v1.01.14 it it also said the game did not exist. So then I tried to find where to download the game again. I could not find anywhere to download the game again.

Why is this so hard?

where do I go to download the game again?
Because you can't update from 1.01.09 to 1.01.14. Uninstall the game, and reinstall using the installer file 1.01.10 and then you can install 1.01.14.
gw15
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by gw15 »

Thanks for your reply. Support also replied and gave me detailed instructions. Something about resetting the registers. So I was able to re-install the game. I upgraded to v14. I also upgraded to v15.
However, playing the game new 1939 campaign the game gives me a Unreal Engine 4 Crash every time just as I click to run Poland Northern scenario. I tried several other scenarios but they all crash the same way. I have never had this crash before.
Is something wrong with v15???

Gerry
TigerTiger007
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by TigerTiger007 »

I'm getting that crash too, with literally every type of game play. I bought the Field Marshal Edition and all of my updates are unplayable now, where I can't even select them and Campaign, Scenario, Load Game all crash the same way. I was told to uninstall and reinstall the game which I did and I am still getting the same error.
"It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers."

Return to “Panzer Corps 2: Tech Support”