1.06.8 beta comments

Post here your feedback and thoughts about the upcoming Diplomacy update.

Moderator: Pocus

choppinlt
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

1.06.8 beta comments

Post by choppinlt »

I have had some time to go over the 1.06.8 beta and I find it outstanding! I have not had any detectable 'technical' issues to date, and I'm really impressed at the continued nuances that have been added. All the tweaks/adjustments are great, but In particular I find the relationship change between generous or extorting terms impressive. :D

I only have 1 comment and it is regarding movement at the end of hostilities. At the conclusion of hostilities I have seen former AI enemy armies (that were NOT in my territory at the end of the war) start to move through my territory at their leisure for multiple turns. Furthermore it appeared on a couple of occasions my territory was used as a sanctuary to continue a war against other opponents. I havn't looked in to this further yet, but I assume the former enemy armies are consuming resources as they gallivant through my regions too. Since we are currently at peace I have no recourse. It would be nice to find a way to dial back this behavior.

Overall the diplomacy beta's have been fantastic, and IMHO they are a total game changer for the better. I absolutely love this game! 8)
brdxman
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: 1.06.8 beta comments

Post by brdxman »

could not agree more... Its changed everything for the better, even though it was already awesome game.
played 3 games so far under latest beta and have a hard time posting any new problems found... Already posted minor(ui for diplomacy show me more details to ongoing) things in the beta forums.
Bullseye500
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Bullseye500 »

enemy armies are consuming resources as they gallivant through my regions too.
Yes, that is annoying.
FrenchDude
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by FrenchDude »

choppinlt wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:50 pm I have had some time to go over the 1.06.8 beta and I find it outstanding! I have not had any detectable 'technical' issues to date, and I'm really impressed at the continued nuances that have been added. All the tweaks/adjustments are great, but In particular I find the relationship change between generous or extorting terms impressive. :D

I only have 1 comment and it is regarding movement at the end of hostilities. At the conclusion of hostilities I have seen former AI enemy armies (that were NOT in my territory at the end of the war) start to move through my territory at their leisure for multiple turns. Furthermore it appeared on a couple of occasions my territory was used as a sanctuary to continue a war against other opponents. I havn't looked in to this further yet, but I assume the former enemy armies are consuming resources as they gallivant through my regions too. Since we are currently at peace I have no recourse. It would be nice to find a way to dial back this behavior.

Overall the diplomacy beta's have been fantastic, and IMHO they are a total game changer for the better. I absolutely love this game! 8)
I have been playing the most recent beta version for some time now and i feel exactly like you do ! No complaints other than the ones that have already been mentioned so far. I’m playing Carthage right now, and It really feels authentic, and much more complex since the Diplomacy update ! Finally, the ancient history strategy game I was waiting for :D
It’s been a few months since release and the game keeps improving and going in the right direction, awesome, AGEOD did a very good job
surusI
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by surusI »

I really enjoy the game and the latest beta. I am long time player of various AGEOD games particularly AJE/PON etc.. as well as Fog2. I have played over 330+ hours of FoGE in various iterations playing mostly Carthage and Macedonia. The game has the "just one more turn" element to it.

A few quick comments:

I have seen, like many others wandering armies of factions I am at peace with raiding and touring the country

Also suggest that with a peace treaty armies are "teleported" back to their homeland if in territory no longer owned by them (which might solve some problems)

Stoa seem too powerful. I would suggest changing the faction wide bonus into a provincial level bonus perhaps 10%/15% at the provincial level.

Longer term:
Armies seem to be too big. Would it possible to constrain the effective size of the armies by using some version of the AJE leadership rules # of units that can be effectively used based on # of generals present plus distinguish regular troops vs. irregulars? Also make supply more of a constraint and perhaps introduce supply trains?

Sieges/fortifications: I would suggest that for civilized factions (Hellenic, Carthage, Parthia etc) perhaps the introduction of siege trains to breach the walls? and then make it very difficult for non-civilized factions to assault/breach the walls on a fortification greater than palisade or perhaps city walls (which would force these factions to have long sieges)?

A suggestion for Carthage: give them the ability to recruit a greater variety of mercenaries at any location

Carthage has problems with decadence in the many isolated regions they start out with. However, historically they had a mercantile empire which was focused on trade and not necessarily control. Perhaps significantly reduce the decadence of any single region they have if the region has a trade settlement present (this would also cap the population of the region at 12 when the trade settlement disappears)? Could similarly be used for other mercantile factions Massilia etc.
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus »

Thanks for the remarks, I believe several are now addressed in latest release.

For Carthage, you have probably missed that this is the exact same case as you speak, they have 5 mercenaries possibilities, depending of specific locations.
AGEOD Team - Makers of Kingdoms, Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.

Return to “Diplomacy Open Beta”