Grand Campaign 1939-1945 (Custom Campaign)

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Ezequiel1996
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Re: Grand Campaign 1939-1945 (Custom Campaign)

Post by Ezequiel1996 »

GUNDOBALDO08 wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 6:59 am I can’t play GC43 if I import core from GC42 because the game crash after loading… I can play only without import core, but so I loose my interest.
Any suggestion?
That's is really unfortunate, i will investigate this. Thank you for informing it :)
tpoo
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by tpoo »

GUNDOBALDO08 wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 6:59 am I can’t play GC43 if I import core from GC42 because the game crash after loading… I can play only without import core, but so I loose my interest.
Any suggestion?
It would be hard to investigate your issue just from this message. Can you please send me a private message with a saved game file from your last scenario before the end of GC1942. With 1500 downloads of the mod this issue would seem to be very rare but i will check it out for you.
NautiLaus
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by NautiLaus »

Hallo, first I wish a happy new year... Maybe I found a mistake in the Grand Campaign 43 East, Battle of Ponyri, its possible for me to fight with Player3, I didn't, but he does... :o
Attachments
Ponyri_Player3.jpg
Ponyri_Player3.jpg (213.2 KiB) Viewed 3322 times
Mors certa, Hora incerta.
tpoo
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by tpoo »

NautiLaus wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:45 pm Hallo, first I wish a happy new year... Maybe I found a mistake in the Grand Campaign 43 East, Battle of Ponyri, its possible for me to fight with Player3, I didn't, but he does... :o
Hello, I am not sure what you are asking but the units for Player 3 are just there for historical flavor showing German forces that guarded that area of the front. They are static units.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

On the screenshot it looks like one German faction can attack the other ?
NautiLaus
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by NautiLaus »

tpoo wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:00 pm
NautiLaus wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:45 pm Hallo, first I wish a happy new year... Maybe I found a mistake in the Grand Campaign 43 East, Battle of Ponyri, its possible for me to fight with Player3, I didn't, but he does... :o
Hello, I am not sure what you are asking but the units for Player 3 are just there for historical flavor showing German forces that guarded that area of the front. They are static units.
As Terminator describes it, 'one German faction can attack the other' - they are not static, they cross the river in turn 17. In Turn 18 they attack me (Screenshot)
Attachments
Ponyri_Player3_Attack_Turn 18.jpg
Ponyri_Player3_Attack_Turn 18.jpg (341.76 KiB) Viewed 3240 times
tpoo
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by tpoo »

NautiLaus wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:24 pm
As Terminator describes it, 'one German faction can attack the other' - they are not static, they cross the river in turn 17. In Turn 18 they attack me (Screenshot)
Ok I see now.
I have fixed the issue. This factor was not set to side 1 in the editor. It is now, so in the next update it will be corrected.
Thank you. :D
NautiLaus
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by NautiLaus »

tpoo wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:37 pm
NautiLaus wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:24 pm

Ok I see now.
I have fixed the issue. This factor was not set to side 1 in the editor. It is now, so in the next update it will be corrected.
Thank you. :D
No matter, in german I would say: nicht kriegsentscheidend 8)
raider45
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by raider45 »

Hello,
I have now completed the 43 campaign and I have to say that it is challenging with the Corps units that I have taken over, but can also be achieved thanks to the prestige that has been tied up so far.
Since I reach all bonus goals, or should try until I have achieved it, I get enough commendation points. But these are hardly needed, I rarely get anything for them now?
I liked the large maps and the large collection of troops.
Your new project sounds great and I'm considering signing up as a beta tester.
Are you still working on another extension (44.45) to the original PC1 campaign?

greetings
Ezequiel1996

Post by Ezequiel1996 »

raider45 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:56 am Hello,
I have now completed the 43 campaign and I have to say that it is challenging with the Corps units that I have taken over, but can also be achieved thanks to the prestige that has been tied up so far.
Since I reach all bonus goals, or should try until I have achieved it, I get enough commendation points. But these are hardly needed, I rarely get anything for them now?
I liked the large maps and the large collection of troops.
Your new project sounds great and I'm considering signing up as a beta tester.
Are you still working on another extension (44.45) to the original PC1 campaign?

greetings
Hello thanks for playing our campaign, and we hope to see you on the beta test :).
Yes actually tpoo is working on that while im doing all the other campaign stuff.
I dont have an ETA for 44 unfortunately because tpoo is finishing africa korps right now and im already working on Storm Over Europe 39 scenarios. But we will continue with the GC until we finish it :)
gdpsnake1979
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by gdpsnake1979 »

I appreciate that people work hard to provide this extra content but seriously, we aren't all computer smart. You gave me a file. Now, what do I do with it? Do I extract into Panzer korps? or Panzer Korps 2? Do I put it in a scenario folder, a mod folder; where exactly does it go and how do I put it where I can use it?
tpoo
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by tpoo »

gdpsnake1979 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:38 pm I appreciate that people work hard to provide this extra content but seriously, we aren't all computer smart. You gave me a file. Now, what do I do with it? Do I extract into Panzer korps? or Panzer Korps 2? Do I put it in a scenario folder, a mod folder; where exactly does it go and how do I put it where I can use it?
I would be glad to help you out.
First you need to create a Mods folder in your Panzer Corps 2 directory similar to the hierarchy displayed in the picture below. This is also where the Panzer Corps 2 folders for saved games, saved cores is located.
Screenshot (21).png
Screenshot (21).png (225 KiB) Viewed 2947 times
Then you would extract the file you downloaded and all its contents to the Mods folder.

Then you need to launch the Panzer Corps 2 game and on the main screen click on the Mods tab and then on Mod Manager.
You should see the Mod displayed and then click on the box to enable the mod

Return to the main screen and you should see the Mod with all of its yearly content when you launch New Game, New Campaign.

Hope this helps
Thanks
Rick
TJLionheart
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by TJLionheart »

I continue to be impressed with your efforts. With no intent to rush anyone, and with zero right to expect anything, I wondered if the project is continuing with GC 1944 and GC 1945?
tpoo
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by tpoo »

TJLionheart wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:53 pm I continue to be impressed with your efforts. With no intent to rush anyone, and with zero right to expect anything, I wondered if the project is continuing with GC 1944 and GC 1945?
We are currently trying to bring the Afrika Corps content upto date by finishing the Non-Historical segment that was not finished with the release of Afrika Corps. We are also doing a smaller segment on GC1943 West to continue the Historical Afrika Corps segment at the Sicily invasion. Then we will work on GC 1944 East. We had to redraw all the maps for these projects as you cannot properly import them with the editor. All of the map redraws have been completed and we are working on the actual content now. The maps as with the last few DLC's will be bigger and more accurate than the originals. In the meantime we will also be releasing new content very shortly with the first DLC of "Storm Over Europe", so keep an eye out for it on that thread.

Thank you.
NautiLaus
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by NautiLaus »

Hello again, is there a difference in GC 43 between the path Kursk North and South? If you choose Kursk South, in the Battle of Kremenchug hell breaks over you in the first turn of the Russians (pioneers cross the river in several places, air raids, artillery attacks on a grand scale) and its not easy to hold the lines. But if you choose the Kursk Nord path, almost nothing happens in Kremenchug (no air attacks, no bridge pioneer moves, only a little artillery fire), so I crossed the Dnieper myself and found all the Russian units at the top of the map, but even there they did not attack me...
Attachments
GC43_krem_süd+nord.jpg
GC43_krem_süd+nord.jpg (450.51 KiB) Viewed 2820 times
tpoo
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by tpoo »

NautiLaus wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:58 pm Hello again, is there a difference in GC 43 between the path Kursk North and South? If you choose Kursk South, in the Battle of Kremenchug hell breaks over you in the first turn of the Russians (pioneers cross the river in several places, air raids, artillery attacks on a grand scale) and its not easy to hold the lines. But if you choose the Kursk Nord path, almost nothing happens in Kremenchug (no air attacks, no bridge pioneer moves, only a little artillery fire), so I crossed the Dnieper myself and found all the Russian units at the top of the map, but even there they did not attack me...
Generally the Kursk North path is harder than the Kursk South path but both paths reconnect at Prokhorovka so that has no effect on Kremenchug. In Kremenchug the AI will receive a player trait because it moves first (something inside the Panzer Corps 2 game engine that has never been explained) It is random and will change each time the scenario loads unlike where heroes are set at the beginning of the campaign. That may have something to do with being harder one time and easier another because it depends on what trait the AI gets. If it gets the perimeter control trait, for instance, that is a very powerful trait for the AI. If it gets the Panzer General trait that will not help it very much. Generally the AI behavior is set to allow you a chance to destroy the artillery units before it attacks but that behavior could change with which random player trait it receives. Hard to judge what happens with each because of all the possible combinations.
NautiLaus
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by NautiLaus »

Thanks for the explanation, I started again from the end of the scenario before and then they come...
gw15
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by gw15 »

Hello and thanks for doing this.
But I am unable to access the Mod. I follow the steps below but there is only a blank box on the right hand side after clicking on Mod Manager.
I'm running version 1.02.03
tpoo wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:38 pm
gdpsnake1979 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:38 pm I appreciate that people work hard to provide this extra content but seriously, we aren't all computer smart. You gave me a file. Now, what do I do with it? Do I extract into Panzer korps? or Panzer Korps 2? Do I put it in a scenario folder, a mod folder; where exactly does it go and how do I put it where I can use it?
First you need to create a Mods folder in your Panzer Corps 2 directory similar to the hierarchy displayed in the picture below. This is also where the Panzer Corps 2 folders for saved games, saved cores is located.
Screenshot (21).png

Then you would extract the file you downloaded and all its contents to the Mods folder.

Then you need to launch the Panzer Corps 2 game and on the main screen click on the Mods tab and then on Mod Manager.

Return to the main screen and you should see the Mod with all of its yearly content when you launch New Game, New Campaign.

Hope this helps
Thanks
Rick
tpoo
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by tpoo »

gw15 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:07 pm Hello and thanks for doing this.
But I am unable to access the Mod. I follow the steps below but there is only a blank box on the right hand side after clicking on Mod Manager.
I'm running version 1.02.03
tpoo wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:38 pm
Screenshot (21).png

Hope this helps
Thanks
Rick
Please send me a private message with your email address and I will forward you something with more detail.
Thanks.
DefiantXYX
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by DefiantXYX »

I currently really enjoy the Panzer Corps 1 Grand Campaign. Great work!
But in 1942/1943 I think there are not enough possibilities to spend your commendations points?!
There are no new heroes or stuff, in 1942 I remember a chance to get some more core slots for 12 (?!) commendations points? That's great, but a little bit "boring".
Are there some options missing or is the campaign not intented, that you get all the optionals?

Return to “Panzer Corps 2 Scenario Design”