Grand Campaign 1939-1945 (Custom Campaign)

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

tpoo
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Grand Campaign 1939-1945 (Custom Campaign)

Post by tpoo »

Hello Everyone, This thread is for our remake of the original Panzer Corps 1 Grand Campaign DLC's.
So far we have completed Preludes Campaign (not part of the original Panzer Corps) GC1939, GC1940, GC1941, GC1942, GC1943, GC1943 West, 1943East Non-Historical and Afrika Corps . The campaigns have been updated to use the features of Panzer Corps 2. You will earn commendation points that you can spend on various rewards such as heroes, equipment or other features.
Panzer Corps 1 Grand Campaign now also features a limited stock option and is currently available on the Preludes campaign and GC1939. This will further be added to additional DLC's in the coming months.

Grondel
Rick Kesler
Ezequiel Romanko

New Update 08/08/2023
See current posts for details of update:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/b1vhroaz ... 1.zip/file

Here is the link to the updated Grand Campaign files.
Last edited by tpoo on Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:25 pm, edited 31 times in total.
tpoo
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Re: Grand Campaign 1939-1945 (Custom Campaign)

Post by tpoo »

Here are some some screen Shots as well

Scenario Eben Emael
The attachment Eben-Emael2.jpg is no longer available
Choose Your Hero
Hero Choice.jpg
Hero Choice.jpg (459.25 KiB) Viewed 32632 times
Attachments
Eben-Emael2.jpg
Eben-Emael2.jpg (631.28 KiB) Viewed 32680 times
Last edited by tpoo on Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jeannot le lapin
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by jeannot le lapin »

tpoo wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:04 am Here are some some screen Shots as well

Scenario Eben Emael
Eben-Emael.jpg

Choose your Hero
Hero Choice.jpg
Thank you,

Screenshoots are very small...
GUNDOBALDO08
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by GUNDOBALDO08 »

Wow, I will try it now. Thanks guys!
Ezequiel1996
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Ezequiel1996 »

Love the 400+ strenght units haha
MagicAndre1981
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by MagicAndre1981 »

I can't get the bonus in "The Hague" as Hex 17,12 can't be captured and is always neutral
tpoo
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by tpoo »

MagicAndre1981 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:54 pm I can't get the bonus in "The Hague" as Hex 17,12 can't be captured and is always neutral
It is fixed now in the scenario file. You can just replace this folder for now with your current one until we post a new campaign file. You will have to start from the end of your last scenario if you wish to complete that objective.
03TheHague.zip
jeannot le lapin

01EbenEmael

This map looks different from the original scenario of Panzercorps 1 :?:

A quick overview on the first map(GC1940):

- off map artillery:

01EbenEmael(1).jpg
01EbenEmael(1).jpg (305.31 KiB) Viewed 32583 times

-bridge constructor :shock:

01EbenEmael(2).jpg
01EbenEmael(2).jpg (425.26 KiB) Viewed 32583 times
MagicAndre1981
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by MagicAndre1981 »

In albert canal the captured Armoured train from Poland can't be used for the raid as rail track is blocked by edge of the map, so the rail track had to be moved 1 hex away from edge
MagicAndre1981
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by MagicAndre1981 »

jeannot le lapin wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:24 am This map looks different from the original scenario of Panzercorps 1 :?:
they are all rotated, from what I read this is an editor issue when importing the old PC1 maps
Tassadar
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by Tassadar »

tpoo wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:02 amWe are also currently working on Grand Campaign 1941. The maps have been redrawn by hand for this to now show the correct orientation. Stay tuned for more.
Out of curiosity, is there a plan to adjust and redraw/adjust orientation for 1939 and 1940 later once they reach final state?

In general impressive work - I've got my hands full with 4 AAR's in the original AO already, but this makes me want to start one for this recreation once the originals are finished or maybe once there's a state when waiting for the next part of AO leaves me with a bit of time (not now with AO 1941 just around the corner, but is really tempting).

Finally, a small idea. Would it be possible to add a training scenario at the start of GC1939 - maybe something imported from the PzC 1 training? The reason for this it that it could be dated something earlier, for example around 1938, and allow the player to adjust the custom core by including units normally available in SCW only - He 51, He 112, He 45, Hs 123a, Panzer I Breda and such.
Last edited by Tassadar on Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
MagicAndre1981
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by MagicAndre1981 »

In Amiens the off hex issues are also present, you can't capture the french hex and the UK airfield is also not capturable
gc_40_off_hex.png
gc_40_off_hex.png (270.42 KiB) Viewed 32562 times
The attachment gc_40_off_hex.png is no longer available
jeannot le lapin

Tassadar wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:58 am Finally, a small idea. Would it be possible to add a training scenario at the start of GC1939 - maybe something imported from the PzC 1 training? The reason for this it that it could be dated something eariler, for example around 1938, and allow the player to adjust the custom core by including units normally available in SCW only - He 51, He 112, He 45, Hs 123a, Panzer I Breda and such.
A training campaign would be a good idea to gain some experience in the game and in the lua scripts...

0_selected.png
0_selected.png (102.78 KiB) Viewed 32550 times
Grondel
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Grondel »

thx for pointing out the off map units. happens mostly due to orientation change when importing the maps.
keep those infos coming, we are working on it.
tpoo
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by tpoo »

Grondel wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:35 am thx for pointing out the off map units. happens mostly due to orientation change when importing the maps.
keep those infos coming, we are working on it.
There are a couple of maps that just do not import well as noted in the above posts. That is why from GC 1941 on I am going to redraw the maps so the orientation is correct. Hopefully an editor update will come and we can fix the GC1939 and GC1941 maps.
tpoo
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by tpoo »

MagicAndre1981 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:59 am In Amiens the off hex issues are also present, you can't capture the french hex and the UK airfield is also not capturable

gc_40_off_hex_.png

gc_40_off_hex.png
Thank you for the message. This is another one of those where the map import does not work right. I will fix this and will be done in the next update. I have to fix the map and update the LUA scripting.
Stormchaser
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by Stormchaser »

Back again after playtesting to report bugs and give my thoughts like I did for your GC1939.

I went ahead and played though 1939 again just to test in the import function worked (it did) so let's start there:
1939 Bugs
A1. The Battleship you are given at Danzig for capturing the harbor is still a Core Unit. More amusing than problematic, I do remember you replying last time about wanting to fix that though.
A2.The flag at Wyszogrod is still cutoff by the map edge.
A3. Not sure if this happened last time in hindsight, but I noticed this time that while Piatek starts out saying it's giving you 5 Commendations at the start, which you will lose if you fail the Bonus Objective, the game doesn't seem to actually give these Commendations to you and gives you 1 Commendation at the end of the Scenario if you complete the Bonus Objective instead. Which is a shame because if my calculations are correct that would give the player enough Commendations to get every Commendation Reward available except for the (mostly worthless) Polish 155mm Artillery Reward at the beginning.
A4. The Bonus Objective for capturing the airfields at Oslo still doesn't work. Same error message I posted last time I believe.
A5. You get Commendations for the Objectives to sink HMS Glorious and 8 Royal Navy Ships at Narvik despite being Main Objectives and the fact that as the last Scenario their is nothing to spend them on (Unless the Galland Event is supposed to be able to fire mid-Scenario if you get enough Commendations so you can still get him if you don't have enough at the start?).

1940 Bugs
B1.Judging by the tally for completing the Bonus Objective, you start 1940 with 3 Commendations for free. I'm leaning towards this not actually being a bug because otherwise it would be impossible to get enough Commendations for the Event to get von Bonde, but I figured I's mention it.
B2. Albert Canal has an Airfield cut in half by the map edge with an AA gun on it (More on that AA gun in Misc).
B3. Reinforcement waves never spawned in Wassigny.
B4. Upon completing the Main Objective of Wassigny, I was awarded 2 Commendations. This I'm more suspicious off than the free ones at the Campaign start, but for all I know could still be intentional.
Starting at Maubeuge and in every Scenario till Maginot, I noticed a formatting error with Main and Bonus Objectives. All the Objectives worked, they just had the text lines messed up a bit.
B5. I really hope this 1500 Entrenchment Matilda II at Arras is a bug and not a feature. :lol:
B6. At Reims I had an error message pop up every time I captured a flag. After checking the files to see what Caches were in the Scenario since the message seemed to involve them, I can confirm the Char 2C cache worked (although eh error message still popped up when taking the flag) but the Panhard Cache did not.

Misc. Bugs
C1. Quite a few maps have a couple of units caught inside the map edge like the AA gun on the Albert Canal Airfield I mentioned earlier (earliest I noticed were some destroyers in Narvik). I didn't initially consider this a problem at first because they were perfectly capable of moving out of the border.
Until they started teleporting.
My example comes from the Stonne Scenario where a Cavalry somehow is capable from moving from the west map edge to the eastern side in a single turn to capture a Victory Hex.
Before:
After:
C2. Less a bug and more of an issue with how the game evolved from Panzer Corps 1 to 2. On Scenarios where Auxiliary and Enemy Aircraft start positioned away from an Airfield, it might be a good idea to move them to a nearby Airfield and assign them there, because otherwise they waste their first turn assigning themselves to the nearest Airfield.

Other Thoughts
The good news is that with the possible exception of the teleporting border units, 1500 Entrenchment Matilda II, and maybe the missing 5 Commendations at Piatek none of these bugs would be what I consider gamebreaking, and even those can be accounted for if you are aware of them. Leave a rear guard force during the first few turns to catch any teleporters, skip the less significant Commendation Rewards so you have enough for the more important ones in the 1939 Campaign, and hope the Matilda moves/use Console Commands on the Matilda.
I did happily notice that with 1940 you made it so that if you complete every Bonus Objective players will have enough Points for every Reward (Although is those 5 total points I brought up in bugs weren't intentional after all that would change quickly.). I definitely prefer this method, and your new way of making players choose is much better in my opinion.
Speaking of, making it so some Commendation Rewards make you choose between 2 Rewards is a very clever way to add some extra replayability and customization to your Army, even if a part of me does mourn losing the shiny I don't pick. :lol:

Can't wait for the next entry!
tpoo
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by tpoo »

Stormchaser wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:59 pm Back again after playtesting to report bugs and give my thoughts like I did for your GC1939.

I went ahead and played though 1939 again just to test in the import function worked (it did) so let's start there:
1939 Bugs
A1. The Battleship you are given at Danzig for capturing the harbor is still a Core Unit. More amusing than problematic, I do remember you replying last time about wanting to fix that though.
A2.The flag at Wyszogrod is still cutoff by the map edge.
A3. Not sure if this happened last time in hindsight, but I noticed this time that while Piatek starts out saying it's giving you 5 Commendations at the start, which you will lose if you fail the Bonus Objective, the game doesn't seem to actually give these Commendations to you and gives you 1 Commendation at the end of the Scenario if you complete the Bonus Objective instead. Which is a shame because if my calculations are correct that would give the player enough Commendations to get every Commendation Reward available except for the (mostly worthless) Polish 155mm Artillery Reward at the beginning.
A4. The Bonus Objective for capturing the airfields at Oslo still doesn't work. Same error message I posted last time I believe.
A5. You get Commendations for the Objectives to sink HMS Glorious and 8 Royal Navy Ships at Narvik despite being Main Objectives and the fact that as the last Scenario their is nothing to spend them on (Unless the Galland Event is supposed to be able to fire mid-Scenario if you get enough Commendations so you can still get him if you don't have enough at the start?).

1940 Bugs
B1.Judging by the tally for completing the Bonus Objective, you start 1940 with 3 Commendations for free. I'm leaning towards this not actually being a bug because otherwise it would be impossible to get enough Commendations for the Event to get von Bonde, but I figured I's mention it.
B2. Albert Canal has an Airfield cut in half by the map edge with an AA gun on it (More on that AA gun in Misc).
B3. Reinforcement waves never spawned in Wassigny.
B4. Upon completing the Main Objective of Wassigny, I was awarded 2 Commendations. This I'm more suspicious off than the free ones at the Campaign start, but for all I know could still be intentional.
Starting at Maubeuge and in every Scenario till Maginot, I noticed a formatting error with Main and Bonus Objectives. All the Objectives worked, they just had the text lines messed up a bit.
B5. I really hope this 1500 Entrenchment Matilda II at Arras is a bug and not a feature. :lol:
B6. At Reims I had an error message pop up every time I captured a flag. After checking the files to see what Caches were in the Scenario since the message seemed to involve them, I can confirm the Char 2C cache worked (although eh error message still popped up when taking the flag) but the Panhard Cache did not.

Misc. Bugs
C1. Quite a few maps have a couple of units caught inside the map edge like the AA gun on the Albert Canal Airfield I mentioned earlier (earliest I noticed were some destroyers in Narvik). I didn't initially consider this a problem at first because they were perfectly capable of moving out of the border.
Until they started teleporting.
My example comes from the Stonne Scenario where a Cavalry somehow is capable from moving from the west map edge to the eastern side in a single turn to capture a Victory Hex.
Before:
After:
C2. Less a bug and more of an issue with how the game evolved from Panzer Corps 1 to 2. On Scenarios where Auxiliary and Enemy Aircraft start positioned away from an Airfield, it might be a good idea to move them to a nearby Airfield and assign them there, because otherwise they waste their first turn assigning themselves to the nearest Airfield.

Other Thoughts
The good news is that with the possible exception of the teleporting border units, 1500 Entrenchment Matilda II, and maybe the missing 5 Commendations at Piatek none of these bugs would be what I consider gamebreaking, and even those can be accounted for if you are aware of them. Leave a rear guard force during the first few turns to catch any teleporters, skip the less significant Commendation Rewards so you have enough for the more important ones in the 1939 Campaign, and hope the Matilda moves/use Console Commands on the Matilda.
I did happily notice that with 1940 you made it so that if you complete every Bonus Objective players will have enough Points for every Reward (Although is those 5 total points I brought up in bugs weren't intentional after all that would change quickly.). I definitely prefer this method, and your new way of making players choose is much better in my opinion.
Speaking of, making it so some Commendation Rewards make you choose between 2 Rewards is a very clever way to add some extra replayability and customization to your Army, even if a part of me does mourn losing the shiny I don't pick. :lol:

Can't wait for the next entry!
Thank you for your feed back. It is very helpful to alleviate all the bugs.

A1: I thought this was fixed and I will go back and take care of this.
A2: I will fix this as well.
A3: That may be bad wording on my part. It is supposed to update you on how many commendation points you have earned so far in the campaign as the game engine does not do this, or at least not yet, so you can have some tracking. You only get 1 point for completing the objective. It was intentional not to be able to purchase everything. Some people like to have artillery gifted though because they play on the "Denied Artillery" Trait.
A4: Thought this one was fixed as well so will have to go back and try again.
A5: This definitely needs a rework. The Galland choice is supposed to be at the beginning and commendation points in the last scenario are worthless.

B1: You are awarded 3 commendation points by a briefing at the start of the campaign for "A job well done in 1939" The briefing pops up in the trait selection screen.
B2: Again another map import error from PC1 which is an easy fix. Will take care of it.
B3: I will have Ezequiel check this out. This was the hardest scenario to LUA script for.
B4: Yes you are awarded 2 commendation points for the main objective. It was intentional because the scenario is hard to script. :)
B5: Thats a bug and will fix.
B6: I checked on this and it is a typo on the trigger function in the editor. So it is fixed but will have to rerun to make sure that is the only issue.

C1: I will go back through the maps and fix this issue. Fortunately we are redrawing the maps for 1941 going forward instead of importing so this will not happen.
C2: I have done this for some of the scenarios but obviously have missed some so will fix.

Thanks again

Rick
Ezequiel1996

Post by Ezequiel1996 »

On Wassigny the ai should spawn units after you capture the general Giroud, but if it doens't happens there's must be something wrong with the script since i tried it and worked maybe something got corrupt while we were doing the scripts. I'll check it out. and for the maps for 1939 and 1940 i've heard that the game devs will implement a legacy camera mode so that the maps look exactly like in pzc1, because redo the maps will be really hard, and most likely we will have to end up re doing everything from scratch since if you add or remove just one hex column the game crashes because of the scripts D:
But maybe if when we finish all the dlc's that mentioned feature isn't released we may re do the 1939 and 1940 dlc if you still want to.
MagicAndre1981
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by MagicAndre1981 »

I see script error messages in Reims when capturing a flag hex
gc_40_trigger_error.png
gc_40_trigger_error.png (157.83 KiB) Viewed 32242 times

Return to “Panzer Corps 2 Scenario Design”