Spartan Map Editor

PC/MAC : Turn based Empire building in the ancient Greek World.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Spartan Map Editor

Post by IainMcNeil »

This is available for download here - https://www.slitherine.com/files/sparta ... Editor.zip

We are unable to support you but feel free to play around with it!
aizuddin
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by aizuddin »

in windows 7? in cant open it!
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

It was built 8 years ago so does not officially support Windows 7 unfortunately.
aizuddin

Post by aizuddin »

so, what should i do? actually what is map editor? for modification? im still beginner but i want try to modify something in this game cause i love this game.....
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

If the game works but the editor doesnt them the only option is to try running on an older machine. Its nto at all user friendly though so I'm not sure it is worth it!

It might be best to wait till later this year when we might have some interesting news for you :)
aizuddin

Post by aizuddin »

hehe, actually i have a application called virtual machine ,virtual windows in windows.... am... if i use it in win xp or later, the map still can be used in win 7 after i transfer it? or maybe error?
Surtur
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Surtur »

iainmcneil wrote:If the game works but the editor doesnt them the only option is to try running on an older machine. Its nto at all user friendly though so I'm not sure it is worth it!

It might be best to wait till later this year when we might have some interesting news for you :)
Will there be a new Spartan? A Spartan II perhaps?!
anguille
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by anguille »

Surtur wrote:
iainmcneil wrote:If the game works but the editor doesnt them the only option is to try running on an older machine. Its nto at all user friendly though so I'm not sure it is worth it!

Will there be a new Spartan? A Spartan II perhaps?!
What? Where? Who? :shock:

Please sign me in for beta testing...wait, i have to put in my outlook: August 2011 to August 2012 - unavailable for work. :wink:
Mazeppa
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Spartan Map Editor

Post by Mazeppa »

Hi, I know this thread was made a long time ago but I was hoping someone could help me here.
I have downloaded the Map Editor for Spartan but when I load it, something odd really happens

This happens.
Is it normal like this or is there something wrong? What should I do?
How do I put it to normal?

Any help is appreciated
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

You'll need to switch your desktop pixel depth to 16 bit to see the editor in it's correct glory.

Cheers

Pip
Mazeppa
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Mazeppa »

Woah! That reply was fast, haha!!
Thanks a lot for your help dude. Yep I can definitely see its full potential there, haha!!

Man, I love editors - I could do so much stuff with these beauties :P
Thanks dude. :D

EDIT:
Also.. I kinda found out another thing.. :shock:
When I load any of the original maps (note that I didn't alter any of the original maps) in the game such as the Anatolia and Grand Campaign, the editor automatically closes, forcing me to start it up again. Is it meant to be like that if I try to load the game's original maps? :o
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

It's more likely that they are in the wrong place, or missing some of the files needed. The editor was something of a nightmare, written by Iain in the main and so not super friendly. I'm not sure of what files you would need I'm afraid. I do know that it would usually write out some kind of error log when it shut down (exiting without a message usually means it was flagging an error and the details were in the log).

Cheers

Pip
Mazeppa
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Mazeppa »

pipfromslitherine wrote:It's more likely that they are in the wrong place, or missing some of the files needed. The editor was something of a nightmare, written by Iain in the main and so not super friendly. I'm not sure of what files you would need I'm afraid. I do know that it would usually write out some kind of error log when it shut down (exiting without a message usually means it was flagging an error and the details were in the log).

Cheers

Pip
I seriously can't believe it took me 2 years to solve this o.O
I finally fixed it :P . All I did was copy the campaign files into the user data with the same campaign name :P . I just didn't read the manual provided clearly. :)

I have one more question before I start anything though.. If you design the map and save it, does it automatically appear in the game or do you have to do something else before that? I remember I copied one of the campaign folders once in the game files and modified it a little in the .txt files, but it didn't appear - but when I modded the campaign file itself (keeping a backup of course), I could finally see my modded version of the campaign. o.O
HanibalBarka
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by HanibalBarka »

IainMcNeil wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:37 pm This is available for download here - http://www.slitherine.com/files/spartan ... Editor.zip

We are unable to support you but feel free to play around with it!
Lick for map editor doesn't work. Can you post a new link ?
Also link for Mod Kit doesnt work. It would be great if you can post that too.

And since i only have Spartan GoT game is this going to work for me???
dejvid2
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by dejvid2 »

I think the link must have been temporarily down. It works now so give it another try.
wladtis

Post by wladtis »

Hello, is the Spartan map editor still available?
The old link does not open.
Thank you.
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

I have updated the link to be https correct. It should work now, certainly if you right click and choose save link as.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here

Return to “Spartan & Gates of Troy”