Putting economic/military assistances on the Quick Start Scn

PC/MAC : Turn based Empire building in the ancient Greek World.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Mazeppa
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Putting economic/military assistances on the Quick Start Scn

Post by Mazeppa »

Hi guys, I was thinking - as the campaign featured on a "what if" scenario where "4 major powers has arisen", I was thinking on introducing some kind of assistance appearing - just like how persia and rome sends troops every few years in the grand campaign - but this time, with a mixture of economic and militaristic assistance.

Thus, as these ethnic tribes already had colonies/vassals from far away places (i.e. Sparta founding Taras and dominating the strongholds in Arcanania, Corinth founding Dyrrachium, Kerkyra, Syracuse and Potedeia colonies, Athens with the Delian League as well as wheat support from Odessos [which was pretty much why Imbros had so much strategic importance at the time], Arcadia etc), then these ethnic powers would've gained some kind of support from their colonies and vassals.

Therefore, something along the lines of a message appearing like.. "The corinthian colony of Kerkyra sends its support to the Corinthians and is expected to reach the pelopponese in a year's time" and then a corinthian army from the North-West would appear - where you could gain control of it if you chose Corinth is something I've had in mind - but would include all 4 powers in the scenario. Also, on economic issues - where "the city of Odessos has valiantly agreed to give Athens a surplus of wheat. The Athenians are rejoicing with this sudden breakthrough." - Something like that and the food supply of Athens would increase. :)

I'm very much aware of the txt files and having experimented them myself, I've already understood it fairly well :) - such as how to add certain buildings that would appear on the start, how to modify the resources a tribe has to begin with, how to edit an ethnic group in a certain tribe, how to modify a visiting army like adding Spartiates to defend your city in the beginning - etc. But regarding the invasions.txt file and/or historic.txt file, I'm pretty much unaware on what to do - as they don't appear in the Quick Start scenario. Would it be ok if I copy invasions.txt file from the grand campaign and paste it into the Quick Start scn (I believe that is named "Sparta2"); and then modify it such that the Roman and Persian groups would be substituted with Athenian, Lakedaemonian, Arcadian and Corinthian invasions? (Provided of course, that I would make a back-up of it before doing anything - as it is with the norm :) )

Also, another thing.. Is what I'm thinking of doing actually attainable here? Because even though I've found out these little tricks with the txt files, I'm still scared if the game will end up being hosed due to my foolishness. :-S

Return to “Spartan & Gates of Troy”