Legion 2 on Spartan Engine and what you would be happy with?

PC/MAC : Turn based Empire building in the ancient Greek World.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

lt1956
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Legion 2 on Spartan Engine and what you would be happy with?

Post by lt1956 »

Hello,

I was just curious what others besides myself would just be happy with if they could get a Legion 2 in their hands? :mrgreen:

Some people seem to want every feature under the sun etc. But for me I would be happy with just New Roman and Faction units, in the old 2D Graphics on the Spartan Engine. I wouldn't even need new maps, if all the older maps were imported that would be enough for me. After all Spartan/Troy was about perfect for this type of game.

Personally if it came to the above being released by Slitherine or waiting 10 years and a different engine I think I WOULD go with the above? Any one else feel the same way? 8)

I mean if we had Legion on the Spartan Engine with all new 2D unit models and ALL the 2D maps made already that would be over 14+ Maps and would cover most of the Roman Empire! Italy, Germany, Briton, Spain, Scotland, Egypt, Mesopotamia, Crete, Lesbos, Thrace, Greece, Sparta, Grand campaigns from CoW and Spartan would be HUGE! Of course the maps would take work to convert but I would be very happy with a game with 10 new factions and tons of new 2D units like the old Legion/CoW. Of course I say new unit sprites not the old ones. :wink:

I think the old format was nice and a revamped version of Legion on the Spartan Engine would be perfect for me! :D I would buy it in a heartbeat!
lt1956

Re: Legion 2 on Spartan Engine and what you would be happy w

Post by lt1956 »

I'll take it with silence that everyone is in agreement. Silence is consent under the law. lol
Vissavald
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Vissavald »

Yes, the revamped v2.0 on 2D engine would be the one I'd grab without any hesitation!
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

Spartan was the 1st game I bought from Slitherine. It's still one of my big favs. Would love to play a modern game like CoW, Spartan, Legion, esp. in higher screen resolutions we can have these days.
anguille
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by anguille »

Would be very happy indeed....
lt1956

Post by lt1956 »

I am glad others feel the same way. Question is what would most feel the game would be worth now that it is older tech? :D

Return to “Spartan & Gates of Troy”