[PROBLEM] The game is covered in green colour

PC/MAC : Turn based Empire building in the ancient Greek World.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Korkez
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

[PROBLEM] The game is covered in green colour

Post by Korkez »

Hello

I'm having this weird bug when launching both Spartan and Gates of Troy. Everything in the game is covered in green colour. I want to add that 3D mode causes the "Spartan has stopped working" error which gives me only the option to close the game. No error description or anything.

I'm using windows 7 and the game looked like it should before and I've had no issues with it. The next day it just didn't work anymore.

I wanted to provide a screenshot but the site doesn't let me post the link to it.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: [PROBLEM] The game is covered in green colour

Post by zakblood »

ok lets take a look,

How to get a DxDiag report file:

1. Click on "START" (on Windows 8 press “Windows key” and the “R” key at the same time)
2. Click "run" (skip this step on Windows 8 )
3. Type in "dxdiag" and click "OK"
4. Check through the tabs and perform all tests
5. Click "Save all Information..." and save the text file to a location of your choice

We prefer that DxDiag files be posted as message attachments (zip) rather than pasted into the body of the post.

add the exe of the game to your Anti Virus and firewall program, to make sure check the logs of these to see if it was one if any of them was to blame.

That usually means a 3rd party program, like an Internet security programs, is or could be interfering with the game or update installation.

run the game from a admin account and use full admin permissions.

please make sure all game pre requisite are installed with the game, even if you think or fully know there are already installed, it will only over write, and it may be that you have a older or newer version of these where as the game in question may need a certain version.

please make sure you are running the latest game version and have up to date drivers installed on your pc,

If you have the original version. So you'll need to update it from the Internet.
Please note that you'll only need the last update, as the updates are comprehensive. (not needed with steam)
Korkez

Post by Korkez »

The dxdiag log is attached.

What should I look for to find the program that is interfering with the game?

Also where can I find the patch for the game? I'm not sure if the game's version is up to date (I think it's not), but the version is 1.017:2420
Attachments
DxDiag.rar
(7.52 KiB) Downloaded 185 times
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

install the latest patch from here,

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=31

no errors in your report either

edited (seems the link is dead)

but here is a thread which may help instead,

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... f=6&t=4611

if it doesn't please contact support for details on how to update the game if it doesn't auto do it in game to the latest version, all pre requisites also need installing for the game to work correctly
DEB
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by DEB »

The Green Graphics problem may be caused by use of "Alt-Tab" to get the game to the Taskbar. Zakblood advised this sometime ago on the Matrix Games website ( along with an example ).

You can use Ctrl-Alt instead to get the game to the Taskbar - but you MUST press Ctrl again AFTER restoring the game back to its usual full screen appearance.

[ Failure to press Ctrl will cause problems with Squad selection in Battles, Buying / Selling on the Trade Screen and Battle graphic errors. ]

Return to “Spartan & Gates of Troy”