languages of Gates of Troy

PC/MAC : Turn based Empire building in the ancient Greek World.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

V7C
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

languages of Gates of Troy

Post by V7C »

Hi, I want to know in what languages is released this game

Thank you
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: languages of Gates of Troy

Post by VPaulus »

Only in English.
V7C

Post by V7C »

Also Spartan is only English?
dejvid2
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by dejvid2 »

V7C wrote:Also Spartan is only English?
Only English is part of the Spartan release. However it would be possible to translate the Localisation.txt file into your language of choice. You would then have to run "Convert main text file.exe" which is found in the mod pack so that your translation is converted into a form the program can read. I don't know whether it can handle non languages as I have yet to attempt that.
dejvid2

Post by dejvid2 »

I have tried out translating bits of the localisation file into Ancient Greek and it seems to work okay so it would probably work with Cyrillic. Looking at the lang.str file with a hex editor it seems that strings are stored in 16 bit which suggests that Japanese wouldn't work as AFAIK 16 bit can't stretch to languages with a huge number of characters.

I don't intend to take my translation any further but, should anyone else be interested it doing something like that, post here and we could work together on it.
ATRWTOS

Post by ATRWTOS »

dejvid2 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:05 am I have tried out translating bits of the localisation file into Ancient Greek and it seems to work okay so it would probably work with Cyrillic. Looking at the lang.str file with a hex editor it seems that strings are stored in 16 bit which suggests that Japanese wouldn't work as AFAIK 16 bit can't stretch to languages with a huge number of characters.

I don't intend to take my translation any further but, should anyone else be interested it doing something like that, post here and we could work together on it.
I want to translate Gates of Troy into Greek I have found the Localization.txt file ... I translate them but the translations I do in the game do not appear. I also tried to delete the file ... I ran the game but it still displayed normally .. can anyone help
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

You need to convert the text file to the .str file (IIRC). I don't think we every shared the conversion tool with the public. Sorry!

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here

Return to “Spartan & Gates of Troy”