Pip 31 July 2008

Slitherine Team Blogs. Written by the team to give you a behind the scenes picture.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Pip 31 July 2008

Post by pipfromslitherine »

<p>Been working with Richard a fair amount this week on some aspects of the next project. It is interesting to approach this with user content creation as part of the core game this time, and hopefully we will see some pretty cool stuff coming out of the community once the game launches. As I have mentioned before, a very large amount of the game logic will be customisable using scripting - although I am not sure how or if we'll be able to allow users on consoles to edit script files, even for things like win logic for user scenarios. But on the PC we should be able to see user campaigns which tweak unit behaviours or stats, and that could be pretty cool.</p>
<p>The next game is going to be targeting some consoles from day one, which is interesting. We are also going to be aiming to support low end PCs (as we try to with all our games), but hopefully we'll still have a few bits of pazzaz for those with higher end graphics cards.</p>
<p>On GBotMA we are still in the final stages, with a lot of content going in. I am expecting the last minute rush to close off bugs and add in polish to happen any time now!</p>

Return to “Blogs”