1813 Russian Cavalry Corps

General discussion forum for anything related to Field of Glory Napoleonics.

Moderators: terrys, hammy, philqw78, Blathergut, Slitherine Core

deadtorius
Field Marshal - Me 410A
Field Marshal - Me 410A

1813 Russian Cavalry Corps

Post by deadtorius »

Quick question on the Russian Cavalry corps 1813-14 list page 97.
In the special rules it states: "Dragoons, if used must be in their own division which may not contain any light cavalry."
Do the Guard Dragoons from the Reserve cavalry corps page 98 fall under this restriction? I have always thought the answer is no as they are in a different list and are guard so that would not apply to them. I assumed guard Dragoons would have to be in a corps with other Guard units like the Hussars, Uhlans or Cossacks.
MDH
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Re: 1813 Russian Cavalry Corps

Post by MDH »

deadtorius wrote:Quick question on the Russian Cavalry corps 1813-14 list page 97.
In the special rules it states: "Dragoons, if used must be in their own division which may not contain any light cavalry."
Do the Guard Dragoons from the Reserve cavalry corps page 98 fall under this restriction? I have always thought the answer is no as they are in a different list and are guard so that would not apply to them. I assumed guard Dragoons would have to be in a corps with other Guard units like the Hussars, Uhlans or Cossacks.

No re Guard dragoons we meant Line Dragoons- but as there is only one such Guard regiment it can hardly be in its own division as it would only have one unit! :)So yes to your assumption.

Being Guard trumps nomenclature - in those terms - and the restrictions for the organisation of Guard Cavalry will apply. Ditto for French Guard Dragoons,. I would view Guard Heavy cavalry as being essentially the same type regardless of what they are called except some are Shock and others are not ( elan and training may differ of course.)

Return to “Field of Glory : Napoleonic Era 1792-1815 : General Discussion”