AI Diplomacy

PC : Turn based Empire building in the ancient Near East.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

DEB
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

AI Diplomacy

Post by DEB »

Does the AI send out Diplomats ? Ever ?

I have played 2 of the smaller scenarios to a conclusion ( and Won ) , but have never had a Diplomat sent to me.
As a result I have yet to have the opportunity to expel a Diplomat myself ( let alone use any of the "gruesome" methods that are supposed to be available to me ).
FYI : Both games were played on the Easy setting. Could this be a factor ?

HELP !
Kissaki
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Re: AI Diplomacy

Post by Kissaki »

I believe Iain said elsewhere that difficulty setting only affects starting conditions.

In my current game, I got sent diplomats from two or three other nations early, but then they withdrew them again, and now I haven't had any foreign dignitaries over in years. They do send you diplomats, but what the underlying game mechanics are, I have no idea.
DEB
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: AI Diplomacy

Post by DEB »

I have now played ( and won ) a third "smaller" scenario, but again have not yet had a Diplomat sent to me ! Ah well...

[ If I read the "appropriate file" correctly, there is supposed to be a 30% chance ( per turn ? ) of a Diplomat being sent out ( presumably this means "to anyone" ) ! ]

[ Edit : 30% above should read 40% ( apologies ) ! There are also other factors mentioned, but it is unclear how these relate to %'s... Unhelpful. ]

Return to “Chariots of War”