Suggested amendments

General discussion forum for anything related to Field of Glory Renaissance Wars.

Moderators: terrys, hammy, Slitherine Core, FOGR Design

hazelbark
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Re: Suggested amendments

Post by hazelbark »

madaxeman wrote:
gibby wrote:Actually its not a bad idea if combined with allowing Average Horse in 6 packs as the side effect of 1 in 4 would also mean most cav/horse units testing on 1 hit.
cheers
Jim
It would turn the game into FoGAM, where everything can be decided by relentless low-level skirmisher shooting intended to cause multiple cohesion tests..
Correction change the game into FOGAM v1. Agreed. I think what people like about FOGR is two-fold.
1 more lost bases feels more meaningful and fun and actually simulates degradation of army better than a nearly pure cohesion loss system.
2 most players don't go for the freakish mounted ahistorical thing and have more of a straightforward fight.
marshalney2000
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by marshalney2000 »

I am still of the opinion that the strength of all mounted armies would be reduced if break offs were compulsory in the joint action phase if their foot opponents were steady. One of the problems at the moment is that after impact the balance often swings the way of the mounted.
John
timmy1
Lieutenant-General - Nashorn
Lieutenant-General - Nashorn

Post by timmy1 »

John

Then everyone would forget to break off just like they do in FoG:AM...
marshalney2000

Post by marshalney2000 »

I always remind my opponent to break off when it is in my favour!!
Seriously though worth considering as a simple change which is easy to implement and familiar to players already.
John
Jhykronos
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by Jhykronos »

Hmmm....

How about something in the terrain rules to address the current disincentive to pick advantageous terrain. At the moment, you almost never see players in my area take gentle hills or linear obstacles because there is more of a chance the enemy will benefit from them or be able to nullify them, then there is that the selecting player can use them. Maybe each player can place -one- of their optional selections anywhere on their own half of the board, without dicing for removal.

Just a thought, which has occurred in the ancients rules too.
spotteddog
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by spotteddog »

marshalney2000 wrote:I always remind my opponent to break off when it is in my favour!!
Seriously though worth considering as a simple change which is easy to implement and familiar to players already.
John
Aye Richt!
marshalney2000

Post by marshalney2000 »

Especially Hunter who believes everything I tell him.
John

Return to “Field of Glory : Renaissance Wars : General Discussion”