Plaid vs Supermax : the remake (no Supermax allowed here)

After action reports for Commander Europe at War.

Moderators: rkr1958, Happycat, Slitherine Core

Crazygunner1
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Crazygunner1 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:08 pm

Plaid wrote:By the way I moved german armour unit for Italian port of Taranto. Maybe it will sail for Lybia, where we will try to do some offencive.
I think it´s to late to plan any offensive operations in Libya or Africa, save the resources and put em in good use on the eastern front instead. Or are you planning to mount an effective defense of Tobruk to hold until 42-43?

Crazyg

Plaid
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by Plaid » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:01 pm

Yugoslavia invaded, but Belgrade holds for now.

In Greece allied fighters are still on Crete...Will they go away for good now?

Pictures of the eastern front are coming soon. I think I will not be shipping an armour for Lybia afterall.

Plaid

Post by Plaid » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:05 pm

Yugoslavia falls and now we will fully concentrate on preparing soviet invasion.

It may look a bit chaotic for now, but in 3 turs everything should be fine.

Southern sector, where I have serious armour formations for a good strike.

Allied airpower left the Crete, but ground forces and RN are still around. I see no reason to take the island right now, let them have it.

Something happens near French coast...Britts heavily supported fresh spawned partisan near Cherbourgh. Are they really going to land in France in 1940 or it is just a fake?

More convoy ships torpedoed this turn.

Plaid

Post by Plaid » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:49 pm

Barbarossa preparations are almost over...

Now I am mostly woried with this theater. Whats going on? In fact I have some Italians to defend the area if badly needed.

shawkhan
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by shawkhan » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:20 pm

Well, you are playing Supermax. Anything is possible. A magician's trick?(distraction)

zechi
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by zechi » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:39 pm

Plaid wrote:In fact I have some Italians to defend the area if badly needed.
Italians? You are doomed! :wink:

Do not become nervous, a D-Day at this stage of the game would be really risky and you should be able to push him back into the sea. Just be sure that all of the coastal cities are guarded at least by German GAR. Minor allies and Italian GAR can be taken out in 1 turn if attacked by air/sea and two ground units doing an amphibious invasion. Especially Cherbourg and Brest are vulnerable.

Plaid

Post by Plaid » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:25 am

Barbarossa preparations are complete

This turn I got some important upgrades and spent all my PPs on final pre-invasion upgrade.

Troops have effectiveness above 80 and ready to fight.

Plaid

Post by Plaid » Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:06 am

And here we go:

I forgotten to take screen from southern part of the front, but there Kishinev captured, while I failed to pocket this garrisons on the rough terrain.

I can't state any plans for eastern campaign, because it totally depends of my opponent's decisions.

On other fronts : some RN battleships spotted near Greek shores again, RAF returns to Crete. More convoy ships sunk in Atlantic.

Rhialto
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Rhialto » Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:04 am

What month were you able to start Barbarossa?

Crazygunner1
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Crazygunner1 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:09 am

A suggestion, try and capture or destroy as many troops as possible, 1 mech and 1inf north out of Vilna will probably just rail out of there and resupply.

Crazyg

Plaid

Post by Plaid » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:44 am

Rhialto wrote:What month were you able to start Barbarossa?
June 2nd.

Plaid

Post by Plaid » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:46 am

Crazygunner1 wrote:A suggestion, try and capture or destroy as many troops as possible, 1 mech and 1inf north out of Vilna will probably just rail out of there and resupply.

Crazyg
Even if they move normally, I will not be able to pursue - what if ambush there? Don't want to chase random targets with valueable panzer units.

Also aren't soviet rail system full time busy with deploying reserves to the front?

Plaid

Post by Plaid » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:49 am

Well, now its clear where all this PPs gone. Look at this great DD sweep! At least they caught only 1 sub.

Barbarossa continues, but nothing great.

British bombers already raid Ruhr area... Looks like I need more fighters.

For now still infantry mass-producing for eastern front, 3 units this turn.

Plaid

Post by Plaid » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:15 pm

Advance into soviet union continues, some more cities captured and more soviet troops are defeated, but nothing great.

Something like frontline can be seen between Smolensk and Gomel, while it can't hold against real offencive. Maybe its just a trap for rushy panzer, like in our previous game. But we will be careful this time.

In Atlantic my 4 step sub again sweeped by DD, and hopes to escape with 1 step left. Rest of kriegsmarine hides in the covers of the map. To solve the DD problem I need either to build surface fleet (which will consume my PPs) or leave them (and convoys) alone, which will boost UK PPs. Both options not sound very good, but we will see.

And here is the picture of RAF and RN harassing actions in the MED.

Not like we suffer much damage, but its just annoying.

Crazygunner1
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Crazygunner1 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:04 am

I am starting to wonder what Max has spent his russian PPs on.....haven´t seen any units so far that have been produced or placed. Always exciting to see what he does....

The russian line you come across in the north only has one purpose, to make you do exactly what you did, be careful and make your advance slower. He will probably rail the GAR and move away the MECHS behind a city.

Otherwise it is just to say thank you, easy kills and some experience.....

Crazyg

zechi

Post by zechi » Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:37 am

I think your progress into Russia is quite good. I also wonder where Supermax is hiding his forces. It does not seem that he will be able to form a good defensive line at the Dniepr.

schwerpunkt
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by schwerpunkt » Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:06 am

If I were Max, I'd just simply rail the GARs and MECHs away now as they are so weak that you'll slaughter them in a turn. Still, maybe he needs a turn delay to your advance? Anyway, as long as you keep your panzer force massed and with air cover, any attempt at a counterattack will play into your hands....

Plaid

Post by Plaid » Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:27 pm

Before my turn, this "frontline" disappeared in front of my armies. Looks like Max don't have nothing better for his rail network, then railing garrisons here and back?

Mechs tryed to retreat more traditional way, and some of them ended overrun with panzers.

Some counterattack may occur, but I hope to destroy much more, then lose.

Also with destruction of 2nd soviet garrison and fall of Tallin Leningrad looks like possible objective for our campaign.
I don't have enough bombers and mech corps to fight through forest terrain trying to get Moscow, but Leningrad is availiable...

In the south we reached Dnepropetrovsk and now can go for Rostov or Crimea.

In Atlantic my subs still chased by DDs, got two of them reduced to 7 steps.

I will try convoy hunting closer to Norvegian shores, covered by surface fleets and bombers...But need to build some bombers first, have only 3 TAC and 1 SAC at the moment.

Crazygunner1
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Crazygunner1 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:48 pm

Max could rail in 7-8 units in pskov and launch a counter attack down south to cut your northern troops of.....they are quite vulnerable. But ofcourse he doesn´t know what we know....he he

I think you need more infantry to support the line during winter....so keep producing

Crazyg

Plaid

Post by Plaid » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:20 pm

Well, this turn we suffered some counterattack. 2 mechs supported by air attacked my armour spearhead near Bryansk, reducing one of my tanks to 1 step. In return I destroyed both units. It looks to me that Max lost ~6-8 mech for nothing, neither railing them away, not supporting with other troops and forming any reasonable defence. They were just left on the way of my panzers...

Sad I don't have northern screen this turn, but here we are prepairing our assault on Leningrad. Hopefully city will fall before (or during - I have winterised finns) winter.

In the south some minor progress, but I am going to stop now.

Last time I gone for Rostov I owned city only for few turns, while lost 2 infantry to SW.

Nothing interesting elsewhere, but another sub reduced to 1 step by annoying allies.

In his message Max mentioned some "russian surprise" ready for me, but maybe its just boring GAR russian transport which now is near Koenigsberg, which he hope I can't see :(

Return to “Commander Europe at War : AAR's”