Supermax-Moriss restart (Game stopped)

After action reports for Commander Europe at War.

Moderators: rkr1958, Happycat, Slitherine Core

Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by Peter Stauffenberg » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:26 am

It was actually good you found the bug so we coul reduce the limit for 1941 to 2 generated.

afk_nero
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by afk_nero » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:42 pm

well my offer is still there to continue this from the allied side if there is still an interest to do so.

I am equally happy to see the rematch.

Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by Peter Stauffenberg » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:47 am

Regular transports have always been allowed to invade into empty hexes. E. g. you can use garrisons to invade near Oslo

richardsd
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by richardsd » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:36 am

I would be happy to continue it from the Axis side!

sounds like a plan

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:50 pm

Morris wrote:
supermax wrote:Moriss

We stopped our last game because you had 10 guards units on the map. This was a major bug.

We are stopping this game because you opened my turn, and i said that i do not mind about that and we can continue playing. So why are you claiming that the bug is stopping the game???

The patch is also non-consequential to our game since all the reserach decisions are done. you lost your whole Russian army and it has nothing to do with the patch. Tanks are more expensive, so.... You already bought a ton at cheaper price and squandered them.

After 42, patch or no patch its not possible to change research focus and gain back the gap. In the case of naval for example, even if you end up developping some naval tech, mine will be so high by then that it wont matter.

Effectivly in this game, i would have gained total naval superiority by mid 1943. And Italian would have been churning out a corps every 2 turns, and staying on the defense with the germans would have meant no oil burning.

Max :

May I have your reply of my suggestion ?

Here is my proposal:

We continue this game AND we start 2 more, a double header Allies-Axis.

Then all will be well and the community can continue enjoying our slugging out.
Max:

At first , I have to repeat that : this AAR is stopped by the changes of 2.01.33 & the password bug . If you considered the 10- guards bug was a major bug , the password bug is also a major bug & plus the major changes from 2.01.33 patch . Regarding to this AAR ,I also had spent a lot of time , I also felt disappointed !Not only you !
Regarding to continue this AAR , it is almost impossible for me . I do care about I had acknowledged your data , because I still believe allies still have opportunity to win . I can not afford that in case If I win ,it will be said it is benificial from reading your data . Anyway , after 2.01.33 our present AAR's mission is already accomplished .& the change in 2.01.33 about the convoy & navy will badly destroy my original strategy of navy lab . It is too late for Alllies to change back .
If you really want to finish this pbem , I have two requirement :
1 we go back to 2.01.32 & finish it by 2.01.32.
2 you open all my data & put them on the AAR ( if you can't open on 2.01.34 ,I will provide all of data to you by email ),so let everyone know that , at this point we are even .

At second , I accept your idea of open a double Header Allies -Axis game to test the present game engine .It will be a PK game ! Please advise when you will be ready for that , I will send my turn when I receive yours . :)

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:55 am

Hi everyone , I have tried to meet Max's proposal to start new game with him . but it seems he is still thinking about it . I am waiting for his good news ! :)

supermax
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by supermax » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:24 am

Not inrerested in playing a new game sorry guys.

It was much fun and i wish good luck to moriss.

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

disappoint & confuse

Post by Morris » Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:43 pm

I am so sorry to diappoint you guys . I have tried my best to persuade Max to start the new game . But It seems I can't make it . Regarding to his proposal of continue the present AAR , He seems not satifiy for my reply . So I suggest that if he will start the two new game ,I will declare him as the last AAR winner .
But he still rejected by he is too busy for it .
So I am so confused why he provide a proposal & declared not aviliable for that right after his proposal . He said he is quite confident to defeat me at any time in any version . So why he quit the coming pbem which he suggested by a simple excuse ? I think everyone will be so glad to see Max smash me in the ,34 version with his creative & aggressive strategy . I don't believe he want to make everyone disappointed, I guess he is afraid of that in case the bad result coming ,he won't be able to afford . :(

For myself, It will be always welcome for Max coming back . Also good luck to Max ! :)

supermax

Re: disappoint & confuse

Post by supermax » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:24 pm

Morris wrote:I am so sorry to diappoint you guys . I have tried my best to persuade Max to start the new game . But It seems I can't make it . Regarding to his proposal of continue the present AAR , He seems not satifiy for my reply . So I suggest that if he will start the two new game ,I will declare him as the last AAR winner .
But he still rejected by he is too busy for it .
So I am so confused why he provide a proposal & declared not aviliable for that right after his proposal . He said he is quite confident to defeat me at any time in any version . So why he quit the coming pbem which he suggested by a simple excuse ? I think everyone will be so glad to see Max smash me in the ,34 version with his creative & aggressive strategy . I don't believe he want to make everyone disappointed, I guess he is afraid of that in case the bad result coming ,he won't be able to afford . :(

For myself, It will be always welcome for Max coming back . Also good luck to Max ! :)
hahha this is getting ridiculous.

Moriss, please stop to insist. Its just a game. Why do yo have to justify yourself on the forum like this???

As I said, good luck to you. I dont have anything to prove by beating you, i already did in this AAR. And besides, what difference would it make anyway?

Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by Peter Stauffenberg » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:49 pm

People, I think we should all accept that this AAR is over and that Supermax and Morris move over to other games. So it's best to simply close this thread and post in AAR's that are still active.

I also think that personal discussions between players belong as email or PM and not here in the public.

Supermax and others (like me) have every right to not want to play Morris if we don't want to. I propose, Morris, that you send a PM or email to the ones you want to play or simply accept invitations through looking for an opponent. If you don't get a reply as you hope for then I think you just have to accept that. You won't get players to play you by making public messages on the forum telling everybody that you have problems with getting elite players to play against you.

I can tell you my own reason for not playing against you. I want to have FUN playing trying to at least follow strategies that were possible in the real war. We are beta testing and we therefore need to figure out the game balance in normal play. If my opponent is playing with blob, min/max or whatever strategies then I just won't get the game balance answers I hope to get. It's also very tiresome having to defend against a player exploiting the game rules because you never know what you can expect. It's ok to face a player like Supermax who likes to surprise people with encirclements and invasions, but at least he follows the intention of the game.

If you meet a player exploiting the game rules you have to also exploit the same game rules to have a chance and I just don't like to do that. E. g. by only building armor for USA (tech focused on blitzkrieg) and only air units with UK. This kind of specialization would not have been possible in the real war. You gain an advantage doing so.

On the other hand it's very good to be made aware of exploit possibilities. So if you see weaknesses for exploits then you're free to explain it to us and we will try to fix the problem. But don't expect people to play for weeks to learn by losing how you use the exploits. That ruins the fun of the game and it takes too long to become aware of the exploits.

I'm pretty sure that you, Morris, will get more players who want to play against you if you show you can follow normal guidelines for each country you play. That means you don't ignore naval tech as the Allies as you've done in all your games. Naval tech and maintaining naval superiority was very high on the Allied priority list in the real war. Strategic bombing of Germany should also be on that list.

We're playing games to have fun and not to win at any cost. I simply don't enjoy playing against people who will use every trick in the book to beat me. Losing to a guy with a better strategy is just fine. Then I know why I lost. But losing because a player had found an obscure exploit to gain an advantage will make many people, including me, frustrated.

I think I'm not alone thinking like that.

I hope Supermax would take the time to make another AAR with one of his other opponents using GS v2.01.34 or later. I enjoy reading his AAR's and I think others do as well.

supermax

Post by supermax » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:27 pm

Thanks Borger...

Well, exactly my thoughts...

I do not really like to play against people who:

1- Open their opponents turns and then claim its a bug
2- Send me harrassing emails to ask me for a game after i clearly said no or established my conditions (sending maybee 4-5 emails)
3- People that think they are more important than the game itself
4- Dont follow the spirit of the game and exploit the engine.
5- Post emails in a forum to put pressure on me to play a game or for other means and reasons

Should i continue the list?

Moriss, my advice is that you should be careful on your gamestyle and also on the way you behave since you already have a list of players that dont want to play against you. In the end its only a game...

Following Stauffenberg's line of thoughts, i have started a game with zechi recently. Its heating up nicely... I will consider doing an AAR on it soon.

rkr1958
General - Elite King Tiger
General - Elite King Tiger

Post by rkr1958 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:10 pm

Stauffenberg wrote:People, I think we should all accept that this AAR is over and that Supermax and Morris move over to other games. So it's best to simply close this thread and post in AAR's that are still active.
I quite agree. Thread locked. Let's move on people. :D

P.S. I did notice that thread has gotten over 10,000 views. That's a record for an AAR.

Return to “Commander Europe at War : AAR's”