Morris vs Joe Rock

After action reports for Commander Europe at War.

Moderators: rkr1958, Happycat, Slitherine Core

Cybvep
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Re: Morris vs Joe Rock

Post by Cybvep » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:33 pm

I guess that the Allies have to be very aggressive in order to give the Soviets a chance to survive.

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:07 am

July 7th 1942 fair weather

This turn is an important turn to Axis ! Russia give up Moscow ! They retreat most of their Moscow group by train to enforce the defence of Omsk . We take Gorki & Kazan , & completely encircle Moscow . We will take it next whatever we cost .
In the south , also Big event : Russia launch an unexpected offense in Cacausus , kill one minor INF , We transfer one panzer & 3 INF , we will use this chance to destroy the Cacausus group & go to Baku & mid-east !

In the east Russia also launch attack & killed one of my panzers . It is hurt ,but we will make another one . we have enough pps .

In Med Allies continue their victory of Torch & prepare for the next invation .

situation at the start of this turn (Moscow area)

Omsk front

Cacausus front

After Axis move

Moscow front

Omsk front

Med situation

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:04 am

My post diappeared ???!! I did post the latest AAR with joe yesterday ! but where is it ? What happened ?? :shock:

Blathergut
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by Blathergut » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:35 am

Check 'news' under 'Resources' at the top of the screen.

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:43 am

Blathergut wrote:Check 'news' under 'Resources' at the top of the screen.
Thanks a lot ! God bless our game ! Also great thanks to the team fighting with the problem until so late !

Here is the news from resource :

[07 Mar 2012] MARS ATTACKS! ON THE SLITHERINE SITE

It's been a night of fighting on the Slitherine's servers, but we came out victorious. After a few hours of panic and trouble, which affected all of Slitherine's ring of sites, all databases are now restored and we are up an running again.

Unfortunately some of the data got lost, as the attack came just before the daily back ups started, so all is reverted to the previous day's back up. All multiplayer and forum posts after midnight of the 5th are unfortunately lost and will need to be replayed or re-posted.

As of now the PBEM system is still offline as we are synching back the over 15GB of data of all players games, so it will take another two or three hours before we can get it back live again.

We are sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused and we understand how frustrating it can be to lose your progress in the games, but we did our best to get everything back to normal as swiftly as possible. And thanks to anybody that worked late (very late) to help us in the fight!

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:46 am

July 27th 1942 fair weather

Finally we take Moscow ! Even if we pay a high casualty for it , it is worthy ! There is one thing disapointed that the Cacausus Russian group retreat back to the mountain area . our dream of Baku is broken . In Omsk front we supply & kill two INFs. We also take Kalinin & Yugoslav without battle .

in med , allies still prepare for the invation ..

Moscow front :

Omsk front :

Cacausus front :

Med Situation :

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:51 am

Aug 17th 1942 fair weather

on Omsk front , I found endless USSR troops on the mountain .But we continue our offense effort & kill more INFs .

In med , Allies comes to Sardinia . We can do nothing but give it up .

Omsk front

Med situation :

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:32 am

Sept 7th 1942 fair weather

We continue move forward to OMsk one more hex . Kill 2 INFs & hurt another .

In Med , Allies go to Sicily !

Omsk front

Med front

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:38 am

Sept 27th 1942 fair weather

In the Omsk front ,we stop & supply & prepare for winter . BTW take three no production Russian city .

In Med , Allies concentrate all force to attack Sicily ! We will try to hild it as long as possible .

Omsk front

Sicily front

supermax

Post by supermax » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:05 am

Mmm it will be a difficult winter 1943.

Also i think that Omsk is now out of reach.

What about other areas of the map? If id be the russians i would also attacks from other angles...

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:59 am

supermax wrote:Mmm it will be a difficult winter 1943.

Also i think that Omsk is now out of reach.

What about other areas of the map? If id be the russians i would also attacks from other angles...
Yes , Omsk is safe now . The rest part of Russia has few opportunity to launch an useful attack because they all be cut off from Omsk . Joe had tried an offense in Cacausus ( see above AAR ) , But after small battle he retreated wisely , since I planed to detroy his Cacausus group & take Baku 's oil . until now the south front is sitting still .
In north , since finland die by accident . We give up the effort of taking Leningrad . but It was only a lonely island .
That's all for the other area of map of Russian . :)

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:20 am

Oct 17th 1942 winter (in Russia) fair other place

In Omsk front we upgrade our troops & wait for winter . Our arm upgrade to lvl 13 .They are tigers now ! Mech to lvl12 . INF lvl 10 . FTR lvl 11 . The tec difference is still among 5 . I hope we can survive from the second severe winter .

In Cacausus , it is still quiet . we upgrade there too .

In med , Sicily should already bombed into pieces , thousands of Italian troops dead , we try our best to put more troops in Sicily & supply them all . Who knows hong long will Italian hold ! but Germans will help them by their best . Already two germany Mech & one Para on Sicily . Anyway Sicily is under great pressure !

Omsk front after upgrade

Cacausus front

Sicily front

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:04 am

Nov 7th 1942

today is Soviet October Revolution's Day . But USSR did nothing but stand face to face with Axis troops . It is all peace in the east but small fight with partisans .

In Med , Sicily's situation comes wrose . One UK unit land on the land , but italians are too weak to counter attack . They just well prepared for the death of their own great patriotic war !

Omsk front

Sicily front

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:17 am

Nov 27th 1942

It is still quiet in the east , the Russian troops all upgrade this turn & prepare for the offense in the coming severe winter . but in Sicily situation is boiling . Aliies landing more troops on Sicily & kill more Italians . It seems nothing could stop the death of Italy . Axis tried their best to send two para in Sicily . But I think it is also hopeless but to delay one or two turns of Italy's death .

Rhialto
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Rhialto » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:33 pm

Morris, you are getting good at these AARs, and I am enjoying reading them.

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:56 am

Dec 17th 1942 severe winter

In the east , Russian kill one tiger with few losses by the help of two upgrade USSR TAC . In winter we have no air superior in Russia , even though I will still wake up the fighters to defence our land troops . next turn Russians will attack the tanks with leaders .

In med , Sicily's situation comes much wrose . Allies troops eliminate more Axis troops & landing more units on the Sicily . It seems we have to prepare for the Italy's death .Too strong airsuperior ! five lvl 10 RAF ftrs , 6 lvl9 USA tacs , at least one USA ftr , 2CV ,6BB,11DD . There is no Axis airplane & ship in Italy . So bombs are coming like heavy rain ! I feel sorry for Italians ,but they die like heroes for their mother land ! It is their best fate ! They should die like soldiers !

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:10 am

Jan 7th 1943 severe winter

in the east one of our tigers badly hurt by Soviet ,only 2 steps left , also heavy lost of our ftrs , but we decide to supply them & fight to the last tank . We need to hold as long as possible in the east & wait for the fair weather .it should be four more severe winter turns .

In med , Palermo fall , Italy seems come to the end , we have make the arrangement to let germans & minor country troops to replace the Italian's job .We also launch a lot of Italian transport to try a suiside landing .

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:02 am

Jan 27th 1943

In the east the wounded arm with leader gone with another Arm with leader ! USSR seems only spend few steps to eliminate them even their tec was much higher than USSR's unit . So severe winter 's first name is always Russia ! After new patch , the severe winter seems very long to Axis . But they have to suffer & hold !
Good news for Axis , our tank is upgrade to lvl15 & dogfight to lvl 6 ! I hope high tec lvl can help them through the winter .

In med , we decide to try our best to make italy alive for more turns . This job has to be done by Germans's elite troops . We make a suiside attack by a 3 step left mech to make a space for our tiger's attack & sucessfully retake one hex & kill a English mech with a leader ( simon maybe).we send our last para to hold the hex . Meanwhile , Italians continue their suiside landing to Allies 's airbase in NA . They just go for death ,never imagine to come back . On allies side , they had fully fill the troops on Sicily (no empty hex then) , they sent rest troops to mainland Italy ! We try to transport enough gars & INFs to hold the coast .

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:45 am

Feb 17th 1943 severe winter / mud

I don’t know whether we should celebrate our sucess of defend Sicily. Maybe their spy got the information of our great top lvl Ftrs group arriving southern Italy . Allies made a kind of retreat .We destroy one Mech & gain one more hex in Sicily . Sicily & Italy seems could be alive for more turns .

In the east , we continue lose our panzers . We seems made a mistake to let the panzers stand on the front line . I should try to correct it next time . It should be the last severe winter turn . Spring is coming .

East front

Med front

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:57 am

Mar 4th 1943

The weather in Med turned to fair . our top lvl fighters badly hurt the RAF in Med . we also kill one more UK unit on the Sicily . but We can't stop Allies to land mor troops on sicily . Italy is still in danger .

In the east , weather still winter . USSR keep killing my arm & mech by huge air force support without heavy casuaties ! Damn winter !

Return to “Commander Europe at War : AAR's”