Barbarossa / Max-moriss

After action reports for Commander Europe at War.

Moderators: Happycat, rkr1958, Slitherine Core

Cybvep
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Re: Barbarossa / Max-moriss

Post by Cybvep » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:55 pm

That's because Morris finds one almost perfect strategy (usually by exploiting the game shortcomings in one way or another) and uses it over and over again. He wins all the time, so he sees no point in changing it. Then an elite player finds a way of stopping Morris' attack and makes an AAR out of it. Most players will still not be able to defeat Morris, but he wants to play with the best players, so he creates another uber strategy and the cycle repeats itself.

supermax

Post by supermax » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:04 pm

gchristie wrote:
supermax wrote:
richardsd wrote:7 ARM is a lot of Russian armour!

great job by Max, but I suggest it wouldn't work so well a second time
Especially against a different player
The interesting thing about a Max/Morris matchup: Max rarely appears to do anything the same way twice, and Morris seems to pick a strategy and sticks with it. Two very skilled players with such different play styles. Lucky us.
Well thats one of the reasons i do AAR. I know my next opponent will watch it, and expect me to redo, which i rarely does. My stategy is decided depending on the player.

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:23 am

Hi everyone :

I do quite understanding your feeling of watching Max beating me . It is an impressive compaign which I deserve for it . As you see the screenshot , I did find the trap which Max well prepared for me . but I 'd rather jump into it . Max's performance of the coming turns was welldone , He killed almost 70% of my elite troops , Also USSR also lose 8 unit ( 2arm ,4 mech , 2 INFs) . Maybe you do not understand why I jump into the trap . Just as the explaination on My AAR with Max , I want Max to show you the way to defeat my Babarosa strategy which I had used it for many times after the patch of new rail rules . But As an aggressive player ,I really don't want to lose the opportunity of a big compaign . I 'd love to especially with Max !
Now ,It seems appears the way to defeat my babarosa , but it does need the following conditions :
1 you must play as aggressive as Max ( it need high lvl tac skills)
2 Axis should also play as reckless as me ( even if find the ambush also move forward )
3 your compaign execute ability should be as well as Max

So the conclusion is that this is the one compaign would probably only happened between Max & me . It is difficult to copy . Maybe I will restart the Babarosa in a normal way with Max ( different from my original strategy which used recently ) to find the real situation of present Axis operating in Russia . ( Actually ,I think the present game engine is a little bit hard for Axis player)

Regarding to the topic of invincible , No one is invincible even Napoleon. What we are doing is beta testing , not championships contest . If someday we will have one , & I assure my oppoent will meet different strategy on each game !

Finally, I have to tell you that the story is still not finish .I am so glad i am one of the player of this interesting compaign no matter the result is victory or failure . :)

Plaid
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by Plaid » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:09 pm

kaigab73 wrote:did you get lucky dice rolls? cause seeing russians killing german armors and mechs in august of '41 seems quite weird expecially given the fact morris had early barbarossa and focused on it (basically this is the strongest barbarossa a player can do).
Its really easy to kill scratched and exhausted german armor with effectiveness like 60 in summer of 1941. You dont need to be morris or supermax to do it, even I killed and lost lots of it both in different games. If you have AT upgrades behind original 1 its even very easy instead.
Why noone surprised that french can kill exposed german tanks and mechs easily, but when the trick done with soviet troops it "seems wierd"?

supermax

Post by supermax » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:14 am

Well, another bleak turn for the germans. They loose 1 armor, 3 german mech, outsupplied another mechs, one more heavily damaged, as well as heavy damage on some minor countries units + 1 italian FTR gone from this world. We pay the price in blood, but all that attrition will be hard to make up for. No serious offensive for the germans in 1942, because its not like the allies are going to be less threatening in 1942. I can stay on the defense for long with the russians anyway since even if i loose most of my army i can easily rebuild.

kaigab73
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by kaigab73 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:15 pm

Plaid wrote:
kaigab73 wrote:did you get lucky dice rolls? cause seeing russians killing german armors and mechs in august of '41 seems quite weird expecially given the fact morris had early barbarossa and focused on it (basically this is the strongest barbarossa a player can do).
Its really easy to kill scratched and exhausted german armor with effectiveness like 60 in summer of 1941. You dont need to be morris or supermax to do it, even I killed and lost lots of it both in different games. If you have AT upgrades behind original 1 its even very easy instead.
Why noone surprised that french can kill exposed german tanks and mechs easily, but when the trick done with soviet troops it "seems wierd"?
at start of attack german troops weren't scratched nor with 60 efficiency. and despite morris running foward, it wasn't a single armor left alone, they were in groups of 4-5 each.

Plaid

Post by Plaid » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:24 pm

I clearly see yellow german tank on the very first screenshot in this thread and you tell me they are not scratched and exhausted?
(If you think I encourage you to attack german tanks right away after invasion near soviet border, I dont, sorry for misunderstanding).

richardsd
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by richardsd » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:32 am

supermax wrote:Well, another bleak turn for the germans. They loose 1 armor, 3 german mech, outsupplied another mechs, one more heavily damaged, as well as heavy damage on some minor countries units + 1 italian FTR gone from this world. We pay the price in blood, but all that attrition will be hard to make up for. No serious offensive for the germans in 1942, because its not like the allies are going to be less threatening in 1942. I can stay on the defense for long with the russians anyway since even if i loose most of my army i can easily rebuild.

winter is really going to hurt him

Crazygunner1
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Crazygunner1 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:22 am

Nice done Max, i have been waiting for this à long time. It's been rather frustrating to see people complain about the game balance instead of coming up with à well planned counter attack against Morris many reckless advances.

The good thing for Max now is that he has already made contact with the germans and can continue to engage them during winter with reinforcements arriving soon. After winter 41 axis Will be to weak to undertake any large offensives so he can keep the pressure up even in summer 42.

For all players that say only Max can accomplish this, you are wrong. Much less success than this is needed to cripple the axis. This game has the potential to be done in 43 towards allied favor...so lets say you only deal the axis half the damage Max did here...you would probably be in à good situation to win in 44-45

trulster
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by trulster » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:46 am

Crazygunner1 wrote:Nice done Max, i have been waiting for this à long time. It's been rather frustrating to see people complain about the game balance instead of coming up with à well planned counter attack against Morris many reckless advances.

The good thing for Max now is that he has already made contact with the germans and can continue to engage them during winter with reinforcements arriving soon. After winter 41 axis Will be to weak to undertake any large offensives so he can keep the pressure up even in summer 42.

For all players that say only Max can accomplish this, you are wrong. Much less success than this is needed to cripple the axis. This game has the potential to be done in 43 towards allied favor...so lets say you only deal the axis half the damage Max did here...you would probably be in à good situation to win in 44-45
Absolutely agree. When you know the Axis play with reckless advancing you cant just sit in defence and wait for them to attack.

supermax

Post by supermax » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:08 am

Craz, well anyone can do what i did. You just figure out approximatly the maximum extent of moriss offensive and position at the tip of it( in moriss case , stalingrad and caucasus) and concentrate a powerful counter attacker there. Ideally the whole russian army, since you need a lot of punch to overwhelm the germans.

Thx for the nice comments!!!

Diplomaticus
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by Diplomaticus » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:38 pm

supermax wrote:Thx for the nice comments!!!
Please, people, stop encouraging Max. I'll tell you how he achieves his results: He Cheats!

Max makes totally and completely unfair use of superior strategic and tactical abilities to pummel poor, unsuspecting players like myself (sob).

He should be severely punished, not praised (sniff, sniffle).

supermax

Post by supermax » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:11 pm

Lol

Well every turn i spend 10 minutes just looking at the map. First thing i look for is for counter attacks opportunity

Also i sPend a lot of time planning my production to have enough troops and the ones needed for my mid- long term plan

Thats pretty much how i do it.

I also do it with an well planned early blitz and an unstoppable sealion

Appart from that i also seem to be lucky with weather, but then again luck favors the bold right?

supermax

Post by supermax » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:13 pm

Diplomaticus wrote:
supermax wrote:Thx for the nice comments!!!
Please, people, stop encouraging Max. I'll tell you how he achieves his results: He Cheats!

Max makes totally and completely unfair use of superior strategic and tactical abilities to pummel poor, unsuspecting players like myself (sob).

He should be severely punished, not praised (sniff, sniffle).
Well any top players that want to try me are welcome

Its been proved many times over that i also loose.

Come on :)

Plaid

Post by Plaid » Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:52 pm

supermax wrote: Well any top players that want to try me are welcome

Its been proved many times over that i also loose.

Come on :)
You recruit only top ones, or mediocre one is also OK? :)

By the way I see again and again that Morris' plans might be great, but execution is .... more then crude. That tanks sent into 3 supply zone with totally open flanks and without even simple leader attached. It just cant end good for axis as long as allied player is not totally passive and looking at exposed units marching over his lands.

I understand perfectly why Morris want to quit this game. You know, in boxing, its not good to keep punching guy, who is already on the ground, same is true about Morris' axis who lost all their shock troops even before first winter on the east.

Cybvep

Post by Cybvep » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:25 pm

I don't know how the Axis can win this. If Morris says that it's possible, then he either has an ace in his hand or he is simply bluffing. IMO all the Axis player can hope to achieve here is to prevent the total disaster, i.e. the Ultimate Victory.

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:39 pm

Cybvep wrote:I don't know how the Axis can win this. If Morris says that it's possible, then he either has an ace in his hand or he is simply bluffing. IMO all the Axis player can hope to achieve here is to prevent the total disaster, i.e. the Ultimate Victory.
Please read the force report screenshot on my AAR & see how many units Axis left & how many USSR unit left .If you said I have an Ace , I tell you I have 7 Mech & one Arm now . Until next spring there are 8 turns at least . Do you think it is enough to build 7 more arm by more than 1100 pp's income ? (My income is 138 per turn ,USSR's income should be around 120) Why you think Axis is hopeless ? When we will be recover next spring ,how about USSR ? USSR has no FTR now .FTR seems expensive than arms . But USSR also need to build arm & Mech . will they have enough pp for that ? PLease give any conclusion by your careful analysis & caculation .

The Ultimate Victory ?! Are you Joking ?

supermax

Post by supermax » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:52 pm

No need to talk about this anymore you quit the game anyway

supermax

Post by supermax » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:54 pm

Ronnie can you close the thread please?

supermax

Post by supermax » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:54 pm

As to you plaid, i dont know why you say you are mediocre. You are one of te good players on defense i played with

Come on!

Return to “Commander Europe at War : AAR's”