Legion iOS update

PC/iPad/Android : Turn based Empire building in the Roman World. Now on iPad and Android!

Moderator: Slitherine Core

armyknight
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Legion iOS update

Post by armyknight »

Will legion for the iOS get updated to 64 bit? According to apple all 32 bit applications will get removed from iTunes and the Apple Store with iOS 11
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Legion iOS update

Post by pipfromslitherine »

We have no current plans to remaster the game. That said, I believe that existing users will still have access to the game on any devices which still support 32bit and also are not upgraded to iOS11.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
UnfrozenJon
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by UnfrozenJon »

Any update?
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

I'm sorry, but we don't have any plan to remaster the game to 64bits.
tonyo

Post by tonyo »

Absolutely gutted you are apparently not planning to update Legion, I only have a iPad which has iOS 11 and Legion has just stopped. Can you recommend any other Roman era games, similar to Legion, that WILL work with iOS 11 please.
DonCzirr
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by DonCzirr »

Try the Rome Total War series.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rome-to ... 31630?mt=8

Fully supported for IOS 11 + etc and actually better than Legion.
Man schlägt jemanden mit der Faust und nicht mit gespreizten Fingern !

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100032812112896
vojtik

Post by vojtik »

Could you please confirm that the 64 bit version of the game is difficoult to make for some technical reason, that would take more than a day to resolve? I suspect that all you need to do is open the project in current Xcode, increment the version number, click the “Needs fullscreen” checkbox to disable splitscreen modes on current ipads, hit the rebuild button and publish it to the app store (and of course add the bloody 1024 pix icon to the assets :) damn Apple)... There is no graphics to rework, just rebuild to newer arm architecture. I am just curious what could be the blocker here. Unless you are using adobe air or something like that... Thank you (I played the wonderful Legion as a child and I simply like to have it in my Nostalgia folder). :)
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

vojtik wrote:Could you please confirm that the 64 bit version of the game is difficoult to make for some technical reason, that would take more than a day to resolve? I suspect that all you need to do is open the project in current Xcode, increment the version number, click the “Needs fullscreen” checkbox to disable splitscreen modes on current ipads, hit the rebuild button and publish it to the app store (and of course add the bloody 1024 pix icon to the assets :) damn Apple)... There is no graphics to rework, just rebuild to newer arm architecture. I am just curious what could be the blocker here. Unless you are using adobe air or something like that... Thank you (I played the wonderful Legion as a child and I simply like to have it in my Nostalgia folder). :)
All our internal games are built in native C++, so it is not simply a case of recompiling. Many of the internals would need to be rewritten to ensure that everything remained the correct size etc.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
juli51

Post by juli51 »

Hi, sorry to hear that, I was so happy to play Legion again on iPad after so many years and now is gone again. I'm sure many old and new gamers all over the world would pay enough for the costs of the update. There is no alternative now for such and addictive game.
Akopian
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Akopian »

I would buy it. I would pay $10easily, and more if it was more than just a basic port.

Return to “Legion & Legion Gold”