Stats

PC/iPad/Android : Turn based Empire building in the Roman World. Now on iPad and Android!

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Illanor
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Stats

Post by Illanor »

I was reading through the files in the data folder and wanted to know a bit more abt the stats of units listed in the Squads text file

While most are quite clear like Name, Men, Type, there are some that seem quite confusing, So I was wondering if someone could just explain what each individual stat effects
As in which stat dictates a units morale, and does the units movement speed depend on its agility value or the value assigned to it in the speed stat
and what does the other stats such as Rating and Battle Rating effect
:)
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Stats

Post by IainMcNeil »

I'm pretty sure there is just a morale stat.

Agility is related to combat - its how hard they are to "hit".

Rating & BR are used by the AI and UI to help guide it or determine which icon to use in an army - i.e. show a legionary if they are present rather than peasants.
Illanor

Re: Stats

Post by Illanor »

Here are the stats that are related to a units performance as far as I can tell in the doc. the others seem related to recruiting and maintenance of units

Discipline (I initially though this was how morale was represented but when I considered the values, units with a medium morale such as Auxilia have a discipline value of 32 while legion, with a high morale has a discipline value of 35. So have no idea what this stat effects)

ChanceToHit (this Im assuming is how hard it is to hit a unit with ranged attacks although the values assigned to it for various units doesn't seem to verify this)
Damage (Damage is pretty straight forward then)
Agility (Agility is a defensive stat as u explained but then seems confusing cause British Calvary has got an agility value of 99, most other Calvary with a value of 70 and high end units like celtic fanatics and Praetorian with values arnd 70 too)
Armour (again this is pretty straightforward)
DisorderPenalty (this Im nt sure abt, Im assuming its to do with the negative effects if their formation is disrupted)
Speed (this im assuming is the movement speed, but it seems to work in reverse with slow units having a speed value of arnd 20 or 15 while fast units like calvary have low values arnd 8 or so)

PanicEffector (this was my second guess as the stat related to morale but when I found out that Auxilia had a value of 5 but Gladiators had a value of 4 while Legion had a value of 8 I coulnt make head or tails of this)
TrampleChance (again pretty straightforward, how likely it is that the unit will be trampled when facing calvary)

So still in the dark a bit
ps this is regarding the pc version of legion gold, if that makes any difference :)

Return to “Legion & Legion Gold”