what is your opinion of the game Legion??

PC/iPad/Android : Turn based Empire building in the Roman World. Now on iPad and Android!

Moderator: Slitherine Core

SSLConf_walterms
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

what is your opinion of the game Legion??

Post by SSLConf_walterms »

Hello everyone. would like to know what you think of the game? as is diplomacy? battles are realistic and challenging? management of cities is complex? I play the total war series, the rome II was crap, no management. The others are fine, though not complex in management. How is this game? regards
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: what is your opinion of the game Legion??

Post by pipfromslitherine »

It's a very different game from the TW series. If my memory serves there is/was a demo out there somewhere - you could try it out :)

That said, it's one of the few games where I have ended up playing far longer than I need to when 'testing' ;)

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
Yaakov001
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Yaakov001 »

Having never played Legion itself, I can't speak for it directly. But I LOVE History Channel Great Empires Rome for the NDS, which seems to duplicate what I have read sbout Legion to the point that it could almost be called a port of Legion, minus the fantasy continent.
Yaakov001

Post by Yaakov001 »

City management is complex, as are diplomatic relations. You have to be able to build armies, maintain cities (and ultimately, the entire Empire), establish relations (peace, alliances, war) with opposing nations (and there tend to be about 20-30 of those per scenario in 6 different scenarios), and overall just keep the war economy going to keep enlarging your empire. Its not easy. Each scenario allows you to play by default as the Romans, or as any of the 20-30 competing groups. You can play w/ the historical setting or alternative ones. And you can play on Easy, Medium, or Hard. The scenarios are:

1. The Conquest of Italy.
2. The Conquest of Britain (England).
3. The Conquest of Gaul.
4. The Conquest of Germania.
5. The Conquest of Hispania.
6. The Pacification of the North (Scotland).

In the game, the names of each scenario are actually a bit different, but the above gives you the general idea.

The NDS game is a bit light on graphics and sound. Not horrible, but less packed than most NDS games. I expect that this is to make room on the game card for all the insane amounts of data the game must maintain and use.

Although the game came out to mostly "ho-hum" to negative views, I suspect that that is because the average DS pkayer is a young person, or a person who has a fairly poor learning curve.

I would very much enjoy Legion and Legion Gold, I think. Write soon.

Return to “Legion & Legion Gold”