distorted text

Tech support for HISTORY™ Great Battles Medieval

Moderator: Slitherine Core

mercerre
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Rolling back to 186.18; life is good! (Well actually better)

Post by mercerre » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:30 am

Pipfromslitherine: Rolling video drivers back to the Forceware 186.18 with SLI Patch #1 (not really needed but it did add one game I owned to the SLI database) worked a treat. Can now run HGBM with all options checked in configuration menu and the highest settings. No flickering text, distortions, or text out of place. That includes running in full screen and at 1600X1200, my monitor's native resolution.

Driver settings: I am running in SLI, global parameters (Use the advanced 3D settings) with one change. Changed multi-display/mixed-GPU acceleration to "Single Display Performance". Flat panel scaling is set to "Use my display's built-in scaling." Everything else is stock out of the box for the drivers. I doubt any of my small changes had any effect on enabling the fix, but it's a data point (I test weapons systems for a living).

I also tried other games that had been experiencing difficulties with text flashing in 2D overlays such as menus and interface items. These titles now work fine as well. It was something Nvidia broke in the transition to the newer drivers. I'd really be interested to know if there's anything one can do to the newer drivers to fix the problem as they have some desirable qualities.

Thank you very much for the help! I'd advocate giving you a raise but somehow I suspect your remuneration is tied to the number of software units Slitherine sells. Since I already own a goodly number of Slitherine products, I guess I'll have a look around and see if there's at least one title I can't live without.

pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:29 pm

Glad you are up and running. We will sticky the fix until I can get a patch out to deal with the broken drivers.

Feel free to advocate - but tell your friends to come buy some games, that will do the trick :)

Cheers

Pip

mercerre

Post by mercerre » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:55 pm

Will do. I bought one from the Slitherine Store this morning since it was $17.00 USD cheaper than in the states.

V/R

Bob M.

Return to “HISTORY™ Great Battles Medieval : Tech Support”