Backup CD?

Tech support for HISTORY™ Great Battles Medieval

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Patxi
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Backup CD?

Post by Patxi » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:21 pm

Recently I bought this game and I chose ordering a backup CD, thinking that it would be better to have a physical copy in case of problems. I had problems downloading the original file and, though I could install it, the play screen displays strangely. Since I didn't have much faith in the downloaded file I decided to unisntall it to reinstall the game when the backup copy would arrive, just in case.
Now I have it and I have just noticed that it just contains the Download Manager file (the full CD is less than 800 K) and I have to re-download the game again expecting that I have no problems this time. Then, what is the use of buyng it instead of burning the CD by oneself? Which is the difference between the backup CD and the extended download service? How many times can I use it? Unlimited? Otherwise, there is no advantage in acquiring it, which would be close to absurd, in my oppinion.

pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:52 pm

The extended download service allows you to redownload the file over a longer period. You can burn this file to DVD yourself and it will run without any problems. This is what a backup disk also is.

Cheers

Pip

Patxi

Post by Patxi » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:09 am

I know, I know, what I mean is: if I am going to burn it myself -which was my intention since the beginning- what's the use of buying the backup option if it isn't a professional -and more durable- copy of the original game?

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:42 am

I'm sorry about this - it is a mistake by Digital River. Can you mail your order number to info@slitherine.co.uk.

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:10 pm

Aplogies to anyone who ordered a backup CD for Great Battles Medieval. Digital River have been burning the downlaod manager, an 800k file to the disk instead of teh 1.7GB installer...

We are manually burning the backup copies and mailing them out to anyone who ordered them.

Many apologies for the inconvenience and delay as we tracked down what the issues were.

Until DR have fixed the problem we have had to remove backup CD's as an option from the online orders.

Return to “HISTORY™ Great Battles Medieval : Tech Support”