Wont let me start my first mission on Campaign mode- Xoom

Tech support for HISTORY™ Great Battles Medieval

Moderator: Slitherine Core

ring
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Wont let me start my first mission on Campaign mode- Xoom

Post by ring » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:24 pm

Hi. i just bought your app from the android market and was able to run the game without problems .
I finished the tutorial mode and wanted to do the English campaign, however when I am on the first mission, the text box (showing the mission name) wont disappear and no matter how many times i click on the glowing icon to start the battle, nothing happens. Cant start my 1st mission.

petirouge
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by petirouge » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:11 pm

I'm sorry you are having issues with the game! Please keep in mind that Great Battles Medieval is recommended only on Tegra 2 devices with valid Android Market storefronts, such as:
- Honeycomb enabled tablets
- Motorola Atrix
- LG Optimus G2X

If you are already on one of these devices, then there are many potential issues that can cause this error. Can you check or try the following steps?

- Ensure that you are signed into the same account that you purchased the title with on your device.
- Try restarting the device.
- Uninstall the game, Open Android Market, and navigate to Great Battles Medieval. You should be given the option to redownload the game and attempt a fresh install. If it prompts you to purchase the game, ensure you are signed in with the same account used to purchase the title originally. Otherwise, contact Google.
- Stop any applications that may effect system services such as networking tools, etc.

Thank you!

ring

Post by ring » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:21 am

Sîr, I did everything you posted above.
I am using a Motorola xoom. I reinstalled the application after a fresh reboot.I only have 1 tegra 2 device and I used my xoom to buy your game.
I still cannot start the 1st mission.
When I checked the android market there were comments of the same issue.
Please fix this

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:11 am

Unfortunately thousands of people have the game and have no problems so those that do are a very small minority. If we had any idea what the issue was we would fix it but as it doesnt happen to standard devices we can;t repeat it so can;t fix it. The best guess it is related to some conflict with the other software installed on the device. Can you give us a run down of anything out of the ordinary about your setup. We know it runs on the factory settings.

ring

Post by ring » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:55 am

for some reason, its working now.
I dont know what happened. Anyway thank you for the fast replies.
Enjoying the game now.

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:23 am

If you have made any changes please let us know what so we can tell others how to fix it!

Return to “HISTORY™ Great Battles Medieval : Tech Support”