Request to Slitherine to release source code.

PC/Mac : Digital version of the popular tabletop gaming system. Fight battles on your desktop in single and mutiplayer!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, NewRoSoft, FoG PC Moderator

AlexDetrojan
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Request to Slitherine to release source code.

Post by AlexDetrojan »

As the title says, I would like for Slitherine to release the source code for the Unity version of FOG1. As it appears the organization/person(s) that were working on the Unity version have gone AWOL for well over a year now, and there is a large group of people still playing this game, there seems little hope that anyone is going to fix/finish this game. I believe that between all the current players, with a little tinkering we could possibly finish up this game. I do not know who owns the rights to this game(Slitherine or the developers) but it would be a great gesture on Slitherine's part to do this. You would not lose any money in this proposition and we would not fix this game with the intention of profiting from it. If the persons that dropped this game and left it incomplete could be contacted(if they owned the rights) and convinced to relinquish the code that would be appreciated. I recall on another thread here, a moderator mentioned that you had parted ways and they had moved along. Since(at least where I live) we are still in lockdown, I would think there are a bunch of us with a lot of time on our hands and a desire to see this great game finished. I believe there is very little left to be done to the game to make it fully functional. You have absolutely great community members like Paul59 and Jomni(to mention a couple) who are helping you guys out with other projects, why not let us take a stab at it? Please give this request consideration. Thank you.
Alex Detrojan
bushybonbon
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Re: Request to Slitherine to release source code.

Post by bushybonbon »

Anyone hear if they'll entertain the notion of doing this?
AlexDetrojan

Post by AlexDetrojan »

Nope. The silence is deafening...just crickets it seems...
superian
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by superian »

It'd be lovely, but the usual reasons for it not happening are a) the codebase is in such a mess that you need specific environments to compile it and b) it needs other people's libraries and we don't have permission to distribute those in source format.

Return to “Field of Glory Digital”