Field of Glory patch v1.01

PC/Mac : Digital version of the popular tabletop gaming system. Fight battles on your desktop in single and mutiplayer!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, FoG PC Moderator, NewRoSoft

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Field of Glory patch v1.01

Post by admin » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:49 pm

For anyone who already has the game we have released a patch to v1.01. To download the patch go to
http://www.slitherine.com/files/fog/fie ... h_1.01.exe

Changes in Version 1.01
* New scenario - ‘Starter Army Battle 2’, User generated scenario.
* New scenario - ‘Sambre 57BC’, User generated scenario.
* New scenario - ‘Heraclea 280BC’ user generated battle.
* Mouse wheel zoom. The mouse wheel now gives free zoom in and zoom out control in the game and in the editor.
* Difficulty levels. These now modify the number of battlegroups needed to win/lose a game. These cannot be used in multiplayer. The difficulty level is also now shown on the Victory display.
* Fixed a crash bug - Null pointer exception in uiplayer.s.AncientsUI.SetPreference.
* Fixed a crash bug - Null pointer exception in gamelogic.s.CohesionDieModifier.CombatCohesionTest.
* Fixed a bug where changing the base colours crashed the game.
* Fixed a bug where dead leaders were not being stored correctly in multiplayer.
* Fixed a bug where music did not loop properly and another where music volume levels were not being stored correctly.
* In game help now accessible from the start menu without launching the game.
* The game now reports when a unit is disordered but not in combat.
* Fixed a bug where Fragmented units were able to evade from combat.
* Chargers will now pursue beyond the line of first contact if the enemy evades and will contact secondary targets if they can.
* Fixed a bug related to an unused terrain type in the editor.
* Removed invalid apostrophe characters from help text.
* The animation speed is reset on loading to prevent bugs where units could not move. We have also moved the location of preference files and saved them at every opportunity to prevent them not being stored. We were not able to repeat the issue reported so if users still have problems with preferences not being stored pet us know.
* In the Map editor added the ability to create elements for text newline characters.
* Reduced the appearance of coloured vertical and horizontal lines at certain zoom levels.
* Added the ability to convert line break elements into newline characters when loading text by SAX.
* Added the ability to convert line break elements into newline characters when loading text by DOM.
* In the Map editor the Side VP counts now update on closing unit fixed properties window.
* A possible crash in Multiplayer has been prevented by removing any special characters from messages - this means accented characters may no longer appear so please use standard ASCII characters.
* Multiplayer chat messages are limited to 1024 character to prevent abuse!
* A small change to the ‘Indistavio 16AD’ OB.
* A small change to the ‘Starter Army Battle 1’ OB.

JayRaider
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by JayRaider » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:12 pm

That was quick!
Thank you. :)

ianiow
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by ianiow » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:15 pm

Sounds good!

May I ask what are "line break elements" and "newline characters" ?
Also, what OB's were changed in Indistavio and Starter1? Those african spearmen needed some loving in my opinion :)

grumblefish
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by grumblefish » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:05 pm

After playing with it for a few minutes, I give it two thumbs up!

I was going to whinge about a resolution-changer not being included, but your alterations to the zoom-function have fixed everything! I can now keep my regular desktop resolution, and simply zoom in to the perfect distance when in-game. Before this patch, I was stuck at an uncomfortably distant level of zoom, but now that's not a problem.

I loaded up Heraclea, too, and it looks like a very good scenario. Excellent job Cole Pope! Am I to understand that good quality maps will be released with patches in the future? Where should we present our maps to the community? I don't see a section of the forums for them, and haven't read any posts from people creating them...

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:33 pm

We have not worked out a good plan for distributing user content yet but for now look at the scenario design forum and send them to Keith for inclusion in future patches.

CharlesRobinson
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Patch

Post by CharlesRobinson » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:33 pm

The patch asked for a serial number - do we use the one we had in beta?

Thanks

keithmartinsmith
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by keithmartinsmith » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:42 pm

Yes you do.
Keith

keithmartinsmith
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by keithmartinsmith » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:47 pm

Sounds good!

May I ask what are "line break elements" and "newline characters" ?
>>> In 'inglish' ... when editing a scenario, in some of the descriptive fields you can now use the enter key!

Also, what OB's were changed in Indistavio and Starter1? Those african spearmen needed some loving in my opinion
>>> In starter1 changed the location of the Roman c-in-c, in the other one German unit was coded as HF and it should have be MF.

Post 101 spotted a similer OB error in Dertosa and three Carthagian MF will become HF.

Keith

keithmartinsmith
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by keithmartinsmith » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:49 pm

I loaded up Heraclea, too, and it looks like a very good scenario. Excellent job Cole Pope! Am I to understand that good quality maps will be released with patches in the future? Where should we present our maps to the community? I don't see a section of the forums for them, and haven't read any posts from people creating them...

>>> I think one of the sticky threads is about building your own scenarios. If you build any and are willing to share it send it to me keith@hexwar.com and I give it the once over and at some stage it may be included as an updated. A bit clunky for now but ....

Keith

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:18 am

Your beta serials will not work - you need the serial number you were issued when you bought the game!

jinchoung
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by jinchoung » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:14 am

actually,

in the future, can you guys make the updates so that we DON'T have to enter the serial number? if we entered it ONCE (when we installed it), can you just make the game keep that around somewhere?

there is not another game i know where i have to enter serial numbers to apply patches and it is inordinately and disproportionately irritating. especially having had to enter one serial number after the next during the beta period.

thanks.

jin

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:21 am

Sorry no - this is by design. It is a protection system. We black list any serial numbers that are being used for piracy and these will not be able to use the patch.

jinchoung
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by jinchoung » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:44 pm

iainmcneil wrote:Sorry no - this is by design. It is a protection system. We black list any serial numbers that are being used for piracy and these will not be able to use the patch.
right but couldn't the game keep the serial number internally upon installation? you could still have the patch ping the serial number but you wouldn't have to bug the user for it.

what extra protection is conferred by bugging the user for it? think about it - is there ANY?

i don't see it and it ends up being another case of punishing the legit users to moderately inconvenience pirates (who will crack it if they want anyway).

srsly, this is a small thing but i would consider it a lack of good faith on the developers part if this is not looked into.

jin

NefariousKoel
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by NefariousKoel » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:59 am

keithmartinsmith wrote:I loaded up Heraclea, too, and it looks like a very good scenario. Excellent job Cole Pope! Am I to understand that good quality maps will be released with patches in the future? Where should we present our maps to the community? I don't see a section of the forums for them, and haven't read any posts from people creating them...
Thanks Keith.
Cynoscephelae is one of my favorites and I wanted to find another historical battle with Roman vs Macedonian/Greek units because they're a great matchup.

ichirou989
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by ichirou989 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:17 am

Is this patch for both the Matrix and Slitherine versions, or will a separate patch be put up on the Matrix site?

Edit: Scratch that, it would appear from my download that the Matrix version is already at 1.01 :D

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:34 am

Matrix and Slitherine patches are probably not compatible so best to grab the one for the version you have.

batesmotel
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by batesmotel » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:28 pm

iainmcneil wrote:Matrix and Slitherine patches are probably not compatible so best to grab the one for the version you have.
This seems like a really bad idea if you can't distribute consistent patches!

Is there even any obvious labeling in game or elsewhere that would let me keep track of which version I have for the next time I need to download a patch. I don't see anything like a help about option that would tell me that. Unless Matrix is mastering their own kits I would certainly expect that any binaries and such that they are distributing should be the same as those from Slitherine.

Chris
(a software engineer in real life)

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:32 pm

They have their own installer, serial numbers and thier own launcher so they are different. They have different technical support links etc.

CharlesRobinson

That is strange

Post by CharlesRobinson » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:02 pm

That is strange - never seen a game release like that before.

:?

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:06 pm

Until recently every game we did had different publishers in different territories. They all had their own installers and none were compatible. E.g. the French and Spanish versions could not use each others pacthes. This is because everyone wants to brand it as their game so requires a different install package. It would make our lives much easier if everyone just used a single installer that we built but nobody wants to do that!

Return to “Field of Glory Digital”