Napoleonic Mod (Version 1.0) now awailable + Scenarios

PC/Mac : Digital version of the popular tabletop gaming system. Fight battles on your desktop in single and mutiplayer!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, FoG PC Moderator, NewRoSoft

welk
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Napoleonic Mod (Version 1.0) now awailable + Scenarios

Post by welk »

I founded curious images in my version of the game. Perhaps a bugged version ... :mrgreen:

Last edited by welk on Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Lannes
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Lannes »

It's waterloo after the english defeat. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Christophe

Bolt Action forum : http://bolt-actionww2rules.fr-bb.com/
CEAW Grand Strategy fan
Commander: The Great War beta tester
welk

Post by welk »

And the main screen seems bugged too...
:twisted:

Lannes

Post by Lannes »

Géant.

I like the assault of the old guard, terrifying.
Christophe

Bolt Action forum : http://bolt-actionww2rules.fr-bb.com/
CEAW Grand Strategy fan
Commander: The Great War beta tester
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Very funny :)

Who knows - maybe one day!
welk

Post by welk »

One day ? To morrow ! :P I am working on the mod "Field of Glory Napoleonic "and it goes very good : I have finished with french army units and sounds, and I have to start with GB army. I think the mod will be ready in Februar-March (I wait for new improvements of "Rise of Rome", to finish the work with)

Just a question, please : I wanted to use Javelins, bows and slingers as artillery, but I noticed that perhaps there is a little bug in éditor : when yous calibrate the range of fire for javelin = 4, and slinger = 2, after you quit the editor and the game, and when you restart, you can see that original parameters are automatically restablished : slingers = 4 and javelins = 2.

Any help about that ? Thanks 8)
Sorry for poor english(frenchy)
deadtorius
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by deadtorius »

Guess you can't wait for the FOG writers to come up with the TT version of the rules first. Think it falls in somewhere after FOGR. If you are interested I believe there is a forum about FOG Napoleonic in the forum index.
welk

Post by welk »

Screen of the work in progress : last british troops before the french victory of Waterloo :twisted:

The mod uses some very beautifull icons created by gamers of napolenic games (I will give the credit links in the readme, there are a lot)

welk

Post by welk »

French army is now ready. I will have to wait to buy the extension "Rise of Rome" to see how calibrate arty and bagages, etc. The graphs I use are very great (made by players of Napoleonic games, I will give the credit and links in the readme file of the mod

ScipioTerra
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by ScipioTerra »

welk wrote:French army is now ready. I will have to wait to buy the extension "Rise of Rome" to see how calibrate arty and bagages, etc. The graphs I use are very great (made by players of Napoleonic games, I will give the credit and links in the readme file of the mod

As I look at those images, the song, "Too much time on my hands" keeps goes through my head.

Hey welk, Legere didn't wear white uniforms.

So we all have a clear choice. We can take welk's idea of the Napoleonic Wars or we can choose this:

I don't know about you, but the choice is easy for me.
welk

Post by welk »

Nobody asked you to choice. 8) To play games and to do mods are pleasure, not absurd competition or "forced choices". Strange hard conceptions, I think. I never choice between 2 pleasures, I take the 2 if I can :roll: Field of Glory and Hist war are excellent games but in different category. I love Hist War, and I love the idea of a future Napoleonic Fog.

Using that sort of "forced choice" would conduct us to decide : "I will never buy Field Of Glory ancien battles, because Rome total exists" : It is exactly the same situation and that sort of "forced choices" have no sens : why not play the two games ?

PS : concerning uniforms of the light infantry, this icon is in temporary situation (test). I will restablish historical uniforms in the future.
Solaristics

Post by Solaristics »

Keep up the good work Welk. I'm looking forward to playing your mod.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Please no talk about other games or screenshots in this forum. If you want to discuss other games please go to the general forum.
welk

Post by welk »

Ok, no problem for me : I love too much Fog to speak about other game at the moment 8) .

Constans : thanks. I know that my Napoleonic mod will not be a perfect simulation, but it may be a good way to wait with patience a "Napoleonic Field of Glory" (in 2011-2012 ? :P )
hughestd
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by hughestd »

Very much looking forward to this expansion. There hasn't been a really good tactical napoleonic game since SSI did Battles of Napoleon. And I only gave that up because it's so difficult making it work with any of the recent operating systems.
gcbisset

Ill Play It!

Post by gcbisset »

I loved BON also until I realized the AI was awfully predictable.

It is a little silly to compare RT type games with Turn Based (I have always wondered why RT games dont include a toggle or option to report in text what major events have occurred, if they did Id play them!)

I need good turn based games with good AI to play solo miniatures.

So keep up the good work and let me know if I can help!

George
welk

Post by welk »

As I can see, testing my Napoleonic mod, Field of Glory, if you use some tips in mod creation, is very adapted to the napoleonic battles (excepted the pb of formations, but I choiced large scale : 1 hex = 300 m & 1 turn = 15 mn). I have today made a little battle vs a british army IA and my victory was 16/17 against 14/14 : it was very hot for me...

I think that Field of Glory has enormous potentiel and it may be the great successor of the old and very great "Ages of Rifles" : this old game was adapted by modders and scenarist to for napoleonic campaigns and it worked good, but now, very old game (graphs, sounds, maps, etc.) and it needed dosbox to run on modern computers.

I created leaders, light and line infantry, all kind of cavalry (line, heavy, light, guard), generals, and bridge sappers (they work with a "house rule" in the mod : any unit may cross a ford or a stream without a bridge sappers unit adjacent to the stream or the ford). I added 1 or 2 "house rule for arty (interdiction to fire through terrain,etc.) and with these little adaptations, Field of Glory make a sensationnal napoleonic game. I will achieve the mod after buying "Rise of Rome", to see what is new and usuable for the mod (bagages = logistic train ; provisary fortifications = fortifieds farms or fortified villages,etc)

Playing vs IA, IA does not respect house rules but it is more funny because it ives it a little advantage (I consider that IA Army uses howitzer when it fire through terrain)

I have to say : Fog is a very great game, probably the year wargame.
Screen during the battle
welk

Post by welk »

5 little "house rules" I want to include in the mod for human players :

1/ Arty units may never fire after moving (represents time to install guns,etc)
2/ Arty units may not fire throught or on relief and terain (woods, villages,etc.) = line sof sight.
Exception : they may fire through relief or terrain, and fire on villages, if their position is higher than concerned relief, terrain or village.
3/ Leaders, Arty units, and bridge sappers (special new unit created in the mod) may not enter voluntary in contact with any ennemy units
4/Arty units may not fire in hex that are higher than his own position (due to the poor possibilities of guns in these times)
5/ Bagages, arty, leader, infantry and cavalry may cross bridge, ford and stream only if 1 friend engineer pontonier unit is adjacent to concerned bridge, ford, crossed hex tream.

What do you think about ?
Last edited by welk on Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
welk

Post by welk »

Some new elements I will integrate in the mod after buying extention "Rise of Rome" (using new bagages units, new terrains, etc)
welk

Post by welk »

Founded a little tip to introduce ships in the game (they can not move but can fire and be orientated). Very funny... I will create a little mod with ancient ship for designers who want to create ancien battles with ancient ships support (bows, and perhaps, after "Rise of Rom" extension, artillery (ship's catapults,etc.)

Return to “Field of Glory Digital”