Why all multiplayer game are password protected ?

PC/Mac : Digital version of the popular tabletop gaming system. Fight battles on your desktop in single and mutiplayer!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, FoG PC Moderator, NewRoSoft

papajack
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Why all multiplayer game are password protected ?

Post by papajack » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:56 pm

Just visit the multilayer , my very first and found out that all games challenge are password protected ? No open public fights available ?? or I am I missing something ?

Anyway I am newbie to this game and ancient battles , be gentle on me :D :D

Brigz
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by Brigz » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:10 pm

Post your own challenge. You will be surprised at how fast you will have an opponent. :wink:

arsan
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by arsan » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:17 pm

Yes, open challenges appear daily but are accepted very fast, so usually you don't see many on the offering.
But make one and you will probably have a rival in an hour! :wink:
Several of the password protected ones seems to be old, and probably forgotten about challenges...
I'm playing my first two PBEM games right now and discovering that the tactics i used against the AI are not so good anymore!! :lol:
Cheers

papajack
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by papajack » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:52 pm

Yep got 3 within half an hour and have unit routed so fast ... :D :D

Guess Panzer General style does nor work ,,,,I miss my tank and arty :D :D

spelk
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by spelk » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:39 pm

FoG isn't so much a unit vs unit game, its more about using combinations of units to force the opponent into an unfavourable position he HAS to fight, and ultimately lose. I like you, stumbled in my first few games, because I approached it as any other hex based unit vs unit Panzer General style game. Once you get to grips with the cohesion concept, and learn the bitter lesson that as your troops break the enemy and force them to rout, they may themselves run into battle into an unfavourable position, it becomes a game of laying troop "traps" and pitfalls that when combat begins will ultimately push your enemy into matchups with units that have an advantage over them.

Running headlong into an attack position, without surveying the surrounding troops, their cohesion, protection and offensive/defensive bonuses is how you ultimately lose a game of FoG. You can turn on the information windows that give you the behind the scenes numbers that help you make informed decisions about where to move for a more favourable outcome. One off hits are a bad idea in FoG, you need to plan a movement ahead, and make sure your units can perform it without losing their protective formation.

Anyway, just a few generalised tips to a beginner, from a beginner.

papajack
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by papajack » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:56 am

Well said my friend and that are the few main cause of me lossing so many battles .. :D :D

@spelk - I have posted your advice in the Beginner Guide thread

viewtopic.php?p=126855#126855

Return to “Field of Glory Digital”