Looking for opponent to make a test

PC/Mac : Digital version of the popular tabletop gaming system. Fight battles on your desktop in single and mutiplayer!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, NewRoSoft, FoG PC Moderator

moet
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Looking for opponent to make a test

Post by moet » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:25 pm

I'm doing an analysis of FoG combat mechanism for the French magazine PC4War (http://www.net4war.com/pc4war/kiosque.htm).

I would like to oppose Swiss pikemen to Macedonian pikemen in a straight frontal line combat just to see what happens (and take printcreens).
I would do the same with Swedish knights against Parthians cataphracts.

I created two multiplayer games (password moet). I would appreciate that someone would accept these challenges in respect of the following rules :
- Swiss pikemen 400pts game : come to fight those Swiss with an army composed of the maximum number of Macedonian pikemen and just get them in a line till they contact the Swiss pikemen.
- Swedish knights 400pts game : come to fight those Swedish with an army composed of the maximum number of Parthians cataphracts and just get them in a line till they contact the swedish knights.

Thanks a lot.

TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by TheGrayMouser » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:12 pm

hmm I can tell you what will happen already!

If all the Macs you use are all average they should easily be defeated by the superior Swiss

I believe the Swedish knights are of average quality as well (could be wrong they could be superior)
If average the Parthians(superior cats) likly will win as they will pass more cohesion tests... if the Knights are superior they should prevail as they will pass just as many and be able to to take more punishment wo losing a dice (the knight class ability)

I am not sure what you are trying to test as in FOG a pike BG is a Pike battle group and only the rating: poor average, superior will matter , the fact that they are "Swiss" or "Macs" doesnt matter.

You might be better testing the Swiss army as a whole vs the Macedonian army instead of bits and pieces....
That way the # of BG's allowed by the lists will come into play, just MHO, again not sure what you are trying to test, cheers!

Xiggy
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by Xiggy » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:21 pm

The Swiss Pikes a superior protected Heavy foot pikes. The successor pikes vary from Superior, average to poor and are protected HF as well. The only difference is cosmetic except for moral. The Swiss get more superior pikes, so should win in a 1 on 1 battle. If you have 250 points of pikes (all else being equal) would be interesting because the lower quality pikes would have cheap rear support and would have a longer line. The point system is very good, so it would be close.

I recently fought a ptolemaic vs swiss and won because I had more pikes and cheap rear support. It was very close however. I am not sure how many challenges I would have left, but would be willing to try it out.

The knight/cat comparison is interesting. No sure who would win.

moet

Post by moet » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:46 pm

Xiggy wrote:I recently fought a ptolemaic vs swiss and won because I had more pikes and cheap rear support. It was very close however. I am not sure how many challenges I would have left, but would be willing to try it out.
Let's get into a game ! (see above).
Last edited by moet on Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xiggy

Post by Xiggy » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:43 am

Looks like someone already took you up on your proposal.

moet

Post by moet » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:48 am

I could post the screens here if the results are interesting.

moet

Post by moet » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:26 pm

Xiggy wrote:Looks like someone already took you up on your proposal.
Well, the games have simply disappeared.

I created again two challenges (password moet) with the same rules :
- Swiss pikemen 400pts game : come to fight those Swiss with an army composed of the maximum number of Macedonian pikemen and just get them in a line till they contact the Swiss pikemen.
- Swedish knights 400pts game : come to fight those Swedish with an army composed of the maximum number of Parthians cataphracts and just get them in a line till they contact the swedish knights.

Xiggy

Post by Xiggy » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:17 am

I joined the 1 challenge you had but could not tell what army u had, so I had to guess and as usual I guessed wrong. I challenged parthian vs swiss. We can cancel and restart game if u like.

Return to “Field of Glory Digital”