Field of Glory Mac Now Available!

PC/Mac : Digital version of the popular tabletop gaming system. Fight battles on your desktop in single and mutiplayer!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, NewRoSoft, FoG PC Moderator

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Field of Glory Mac Now Available!

Post by IainMcNeil » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:35 pm

We are pleased to announce that the award winning wargame Field of Glory is now available for the Mac OS platform.

Alongside the main game the first 2 army packs, Rise of Rome and Storm of Arrows, are available at the store. Immortal Fire, the third army pack, will see a simultaneous release on PC and Mac on the 15th July and is available for pre-order now.

Field of Glory has been praised as 'accessible', 'accurate', 'satisfying', 'an excellent surprise' and 'a perfect wargame' by a number of press outlets around the world.
Inspired by the tabletop wargaming system, the digital edition of Field of Glory has been a worldwide success, bringing a great deal of innovation to the genre, especially with regards to the introduction of server based PBEM (Play by E-Mail) that makes multi-player accessible and fun and the revolutionary D.A.G. (Digital Army Generator) included in the army packs that allows player to create their own custom armies and battles and challenge other players over the internet.

The Mac version of Field of Glory is fully compatible with PC version, so Mac users can challenge PC users in multiplayer and vice versa.

For more information on Mac go to http://slitherine.com/games/fogd_mac
For more information on PC go to http://slitherine.com/games/fog_pc
Last edited by IainMcNeil on Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

ggarynorman
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by ggarynorman » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:42 pm

Ian,

Is there a mechanism where i can trade in my Windows licenses and get Mac licenses. I am presently using parallels to run FOG and it is not an ideal solution.

Many thanks

GGarynorman

PS I have even got FOG running on my ipad using logmeignition via parallels on a mac pro - fiddly but just about usable. Will there be a ipad edition?

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:34 pm

We don't have a process for that unfortunately. We're looking in to what we could do. The serials are the same so your PC serials would work if you had the Mac dmg file but getting it to the PC owners is the issue. iPad would be great but we haven't looked in to the tech yet.

DaveyJJ
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by DaveyJJ » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:05 am

Can you confirm that the scenario editor http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPKmgzQtLvM is in the OX version?

As soon as that's confirmed I'll hit the buy button.

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:27 am

Yes, the PC and Mac versions are identical.

keithmartinsmith
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by keithmartinsmith » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:44 am

And for clarification PC players can play Mac players in multi-player. Keith

DaveyJJ

Post by DaveyJJ » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:45 am

iainmcneil wrote:Yes, the PC and Mac versions are identical.
Thanks, Iain. You do know how rare it is for an editor to make the jump to OSX, right? (Yes, I'm still angry about the Aurora editor debacle in NWN.)

That's made you one sale today.

DaveyJJ

Post by DaveyJJ » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:15 am

Bought!

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:48 am

Great - you're not the only one. A surprising number of Mac users are out there looking at the sales!

DaveyJJ

Post by DaveyJJ » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:29 pm

iainmcneil wrote:Great - you're not the only one. A surprising number of Mac users are out there looking at the sales!
There'd be even more for Battlefield Academy, I'd be willing to wager :wink:

martimer
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Updating to 1.3.0 and Immortal Fire? (Mac version)

Post by martimer » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:53 pm

Hello,

I have version 1.2.8 installed along with Rise of Rome and Storm of Arrows. I got an email today informing me that Immortal Fire is ready along with a serial number. If I try to enter the serial number at startup I am told the number is invalid. If I try to check for an update within FoG it alternates between telling me that 1.3.0 is available (the software quits with a nil exception error) or hangs while launching the client.

Anybody else getting this? Anybody have a workaround?

Mac OSX.5.8 on a 4 GB PowerBook (2.6GHz Intel Core Duo).

moet

Post by moet » Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:16 pm

Is it possible to buy the Mac version on Matrix web site, as I did for the PC version ?
As a Canadian, it would be better to avoid the pound-dollar conversion.

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:32 pm

No its not available there yet but there is no £ $ conversion - you just select your currency from a drop down menu.

moet

Post by moet » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:47 pm

Great !

Lupus
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Lupus » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:15 am

Bascially The non-availablity of a Mac DMG is the reason I'll quit from FoG and further expansion packs. FoG is a great game, and I played it very intensively, but as Siltherine seems not to be able to give customers who played FoG on a PC and have serials for main game and the expansion packs a DMG download, the topic is done for me.
It's nice that my serials work with Mac version as well, but this does not help a bit if I don't have the frickin' binary download.
What do you expect of loyal customers?
We don't have a process for that unfortunately. We're looking in to what we could do. The serials are the same so your PC serials would work if you had the Mac dmg file but getting it to the PC owners is the issue. iPad would be great but we haven't looked in to the tech yet
Do you expect that I buy the main game again, just to have a vaild DMG? Or do you earnestly suggest I look in a certain buccaneer's bay? Why is it so difficult to offer a DMG download for those of who a interrested in the Mac version?
I mean, you did it in the past before the automatic upload feature, where full patches with ~450 MB where hosted on your website.

But as I said, I won't pay for another serial just to have a native MAC version and therefore say goodbye to the community.

So long

Lupus

Return to “Field of Glory Digital”