Where to Start ?

PC/Mac : Digital version of the popular tabletop gaming system. Fight battles on your desktop in single and mutiplayer!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, FoG PC Moderator, NewRoSoft

Dita0
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Where to Start ?

Post by Dita0 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:05 pm

I`m thinking of taking the plunge and giving this a go. A couple of questions, Which expansion pack would you suggest to get first? I`m sure it depends of which period of history you are interested it, however, ignoring that factor for a moment, which expansion offers good value, most additional scenarios etc.

How much game play does the base 18 scenarios offer? Can they all be played against the computer and/or human opponents. Is the DAG included with the base package? If not, I would assume that one of the expansion packs is an essential purchase to obtain it. Which is the more popular expansion pack, that is to say, has the most potential human opponents?

davouthojo
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by davouthojo » Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:16 pm

Welcome!

I'd advise Rise of Rome. It has been around the longest, so has by far the most scenarios.

Also the largest multiplayer base.

The multiplayer side is the real "killer app" of the game - once you can whip the AI, start playing across the world

gabeeg
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by gabeeg » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:13 am

I have to agree with davouthojo, Rise of Rome is the best bang for the buck...and I bought FoG for Storm of Arrows so it means something when I say this (well...not much).

petergarnett
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Re: Where to Start ?

Post by petergarnett » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:43 am

dita wrote:I`m thinking of taking the plunge and giving this a go. A couple of questions, Which expansion pack would you suggest to get first? I`m sure it depends of which period of history you are interested it, however, ignoring that factor for a moment, which expansion offers good value, most additional scenarios etc.

How much game play does the base 18 scenarios offer? Can they all be played against the computer and/or human opponents. Is the DAG included with the base package? If not, I would assume that one of the expansion packs is an essential purchase to obtain it. Which is the more popular expansion pack, that is to say, has the most potential human opponents?
The basic game would allow you to play enough games against the AI & a few humans to learn both the game & whether it's for you. DAG is not in the basic game.

Scutarii
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by Scutarii » Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:18 pm

RoR is your choice for DAG, has an important number of scens and is easy find a multiplayer game.

Return to “Field of Glory Digital”