Swords & Scimitars Beta Testers wanted!

PC/Mac : Digital version of the popular tabletop gaming system. Fight battles on your desktop in single and mutiplayer!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, NewRoSoft, FoG PC Moderator

cothyso
NewRoSoft
NewRoSoft

Post by cothyso » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:10 pm

any news regarding the beta (like in when)? and also, when can we start pre-ordering it?

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:24 pm

We're changing payment providers right now so this prevents us accepting pre-orders. As soon as that is sorted we'll enable pre-ordering.

Beta should be later this week hopefully!

cothyso
NewRoSoft
NewRoSoft

Post by cothyso » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:12 pm

thank you, iain.

Scutarii
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by Scutarii » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:25 am

Great news, finally beta start in a short time.... well, we need register again in beta or old register is enough???.

PD: expect that all work fine and we can see S&S the next month :wink:

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:55 am

To register you have to join with the link at the top of this thread.

shawnt63
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by shawnt63 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:08 pm

Just tried again and no effect - or is this a matter of having to wait a week?

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:42 pm

What do you mean by "no effect"? The beta is not available yet so all you are doing is adding your name to the list for now.

deeter
Lieutenant Colonel - Elite Panther D

Post by deeter » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:12 pm

It's been awhile, but I think I registered for the beta like every other beta since the beginning. I'm keenly interested in testing improvements to the core system, but less interested in the expansion. Do we still need to pre-purchase the expansion in order to be part of the beta?

Deeter

shawnt63
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by shawnt63 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:38 pm

Well before when I joined a beta I couldn't join again - meaning I was already "joined" this time I have joined about a dozen times because it doesn't show me as having joined the beta group.

Scutarii

Post by Scutarii » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:47 am

I think that the problem is that you can join all the time because after join to the beta you dont receive a message like "you are registered, wait for more information" or some similar.

Well, waiting the beta, i am going to use it (if i am accepted) as test for the new evasion feature (i dont see it usefull in HF units but in MF is interesting but only if they fix the evasion and pursuit) and of course to see a little of S&S because i play SOA less than ROR or INF :wink:

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:38 am

Beta is slightly delayed - still waiting for final art to be integrated. I'll have to look in to the sign up process and find out if we can make it better.

CheerfullyInsane
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by CheerfullyInsane » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:41 pm

iainmcneil wrote:Beta is slightly delayed - still waiting for final art to be integrated. I'll have to look in to the sign up process and find out if we can make it better.
Couldn't you use the same sign-up engine you used for the automated beta-tourney?
That one seemed to work fine, except for the Firefox hiccup.

Lars
I've got two words for ya: Math is hard.

Scutarii

Post by Scutarii » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:50 pm

Well, i think that beta could be ready next month (with luck) but at least you can release the list of beta testers, wait another 2 weeks and see that i am not in the list is a little.... :roll: if you are waiting to activate preorder and give beta only to preorders can say it now, i am not going to buy S&S with no beta or at least screenshots.

Sorry, i am so crude but i say things clear.

CheerfullyInsane

Post by CheerfullyInsane » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:24 pm

Scutarii wrote:Well, i think that beta could be ready next month (with luck) but at least you can release the list of beta testers, wait another 2 weeks and see that i am not in the list is a little.... :roll: if you are waiting to activate preorder and give beta only to preorders can say it now, i am not going to buy S&S with no beta or at least screenshots.

Sorry, i am so crude but i say things clear.
Kinda jumping the gun a little here, aren't you?
The only two things we know for certain is:
1) The beta is delayed (hardly surprising, since these things are never on schedule)
2) The pre-order is on hold while the payment-provider is being sorted.
Not sure why this is, but my guess would be the merger with Matrix.

Nobody is saying that only pre-orders will be eligible for beta-testing.
Nor is anyone asking you to buy S&S without screenshots, reviews or any of the other things usually used to decide whether a game is worth it.
Once the game is launched, I'm sure you'll find all of the above in abundance.
All you're being asked to do is wait until the product is finished.
Patience, me boy :wink:

Lars
I've got two words for ya: Math is hard.

deeter

Post by deeter » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:38 pm

Pre-ordering has always been required of beta testers. I'm hoping they change that policy this time because I want to be part of the test, but am not sure I want S+S.

Deeter

Scutarii

Post by Scutarii » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:12 pm

Well, in previous betas as deeter says you need preorder the army pack, now you cant preorder S&S (say change the provider???) they say something about november (S&S???, beta???, preorder???) but if you dont need preorder to be in the beta at least can do the betatesters list because made the list dont need the beta except if you need have the game preordered... confusing hehehe :lol:

The problem isnt the delay (with Inmortal Fire they delay release date but have a normal preorder and beta time), is dont know really nothing about beta testers requirements, if you need preorder S&S and now cant do it.... well, after 3 army packs this is the most problematic :roll:

PD: yep, i wait see something about S&S to decide buy it or not, well, i know that finally i am going to buy it but.... preorder or not preorder that is the question :wink:

deeter

Post by deeter » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:46 pm

Pre-ordering is usually cheaper, so if you know you're going to buy, then you should pre-order. I unsure if I want S+S because I don't enjoy chasing shooty armies around the map.

Deeter

Scutarii

Post by Scutarii » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:20 pm

Of course, preorder is cheaper and if i am going to buy it... but i need a "cook" period to buy it, you know, see screenshots, imagine battles, tactics... :wink:

I am not a fan of non melee armies but have different options is allways interesting not all in this life is HF, of course a good line of pikes is the best thing in the world hehehe.

But for me the true interest is in the new feature, really i dont find it attractive because is another arrow in the back of quality HF armies, if they cant fix MF and LF/LH runner armies receive another bonus... i dont see HF units retreating all the time but MF...

Well, waiting mode on... again :lol:

tyrkir
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by tyrkir » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:49 pm

Anyone has any idea as to when Swords & Scimitars might be available? :?:

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:46 pm

It will be some time in November I'm afraid. We're still waiting for the beta version to start testing.

Return to “Field of Glory Digital”