Swords & Scimitars Beta Testers wanted!

PC/Mac : Digital version of the popular tabletop gaming system. Fight battles on your desktop in single and mutiplayer!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, NewRoSoft, FoG PC Moderator

tyrkir
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:03 am

Post by tyrkir » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:59 pm

Thanks for your prompt reply, Iain.

Scutarii
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Posts: 559
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:28 am

Post by Scutarii » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:04 pm

Well, waiting is the unglamorous part of this hobby but is necesary :roll:

Oooo any news about preorder??? finally i decide preorder it, i am going to buy it need sarracens to complete SOA :wink:

PD: if you can post one or two images (with avaliable unit images) could be great :wink:

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 13519
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:19 am

Post by IainMcNeil » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:22 am

We're in the process of changing the payment process and can't accept pre-orders. It will be a couple of weeks until we can get that set up.

Scutarii
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Posts: 559
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:28 am

Post by Scutarii » Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:48 pm

Any news about beta??? you plan release it when images are avaliable or wait to the preorder???

Thanks.

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 13519
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:19 am

Post by IainMcNeil » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:16 pm

The beta test has started today!

If you are on the beta test you should receive your mail very soon with your serial and download details.

We have set it up this time as a stand alone version which means you can continue your normal FoG games while testing the beta version and there will be no issues when upgrading after the game releases. For now we are only testing the PC version.

Looking forwards to your feedback!

wellssh
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:16 pm

Post by wellssh » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:18 pm

CheerfullyInsane wrote:
Kinda jumping the gun a little here, aren't you?
The only two things we know for certain is:
1) The beta is delayed (hardly surprising, since these things are never on schedule)
2) The pre-order is on hold while the payment-provider is being sorted.
Not sure why this is, but my guess would be the merger with Matrix.

Nobody is saying that only pre-orders will be eligible for beta-testing.
Nor is anyone asking you to buy S&S without screenshots, reviews or any of the other things usually used to decide whether a game is worth it.
Once the game is launched, I'm sure you'll find all of the above in abundance.
All you're being asked to do is wait until the product is finished.
Patience, me boy :wink:

Lars
I would buy it TODAY sight unseen. I have loved every additional pack for field of glory PC. And I expect this one will be no different. Each pack adds cool units, terrain, and my favorite ****Awesome historically-based scenarious****I can hardly wait till its out. THE DELAY IS KILLING MEEEEE (I came here cc in hand on Nov 14th read to buy it only to see release date pushed back-- I was heartbroken)

TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier
Posts: 4677
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:42 pm

Post by TheGrayMouser » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:48 pm

wellssh wrote:
CheerfullyInsane wrote:
Kinda jumping the gun a little here, aren't you?
The only two things we know for certain is:
1) The beta is delayed (hardly surprising, since these things are never on schedule)
2) The pre-order is on hold while the payment-provider is being sorted.
Not sure why this is, but my guess would be the merger with Matrix.

Nobody is saying that only pre-orders will be eligible for beta-testing.
Nor is anyone asking you to buy S&S without screenshots, reviews or any of the other things usually used to decide whether a game is worth it.
Once the game is launched, I'm sure you'll find all of the above in abundance.
All you're being asked to do is wait until the product is finished.
Patience, me boy :wink:

Lars
I would buy it TODAY sight unseen. I have loved every additional pack for field of glory PC. And I expect this one will be no different. Each pack adds cool units, terrain, and my favorite ****Awesome historically-based scenarious****I can hardly wait till its out. THE DELAY IS KILLING MEEEEE (I came here cc in hand on Nov 14th read to buy it only to see release date pushed back-- I was heartbroken)
Well, the info on the products page still has November 14th 2010 as the release date , where do you see that that isnt going to remain the same?

BTY if you came here CC in hand on November 14th, it must have been in 2009, so i would understand your dismay :D

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 13519
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:19 am

Post by IainMcNeil » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:47 am

Sorry - we are still in beta. Will get it updated as soon as I can. It will probably be a couple of weeks till release.

wellssh
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:16 pm

Post by wellssh » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:40 pm

[/quote]

Well, the info on the products page still has November 14th 2010 as the release date , where do you see that that isnt going to remain the same?

BTY if you came here CC in hand on November 14th, it must have been in 2009, so i would understand your dismay :D[/quote]

:) HA! I jumped the gun! I must've come on 4th! Well that shows you guys at Slitherine how excited I am about your fantastic game. (Thanks for the temporal heads up, family would think me odd if I showed up 2-weeks early for x-mas)

TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier
Posts: 4677
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:42 pm

Post by TheGrayMouser » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:56 pm

iainmcneil wrote:Sorry - we are still in beta. Will get it updated as soon as I can. It will probably be a couple of weeks till release.
Doh, I guess i should have realized a Sunday would have been an odd day to release a game.

Brigz
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Posts: 273
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:42 am

Post by Brigz » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:20 pm

iainmcneil wrote:We're in the process of changing the payment process and can't accept pre-orders. It will be a couple of weeks until we can get that set up.
Here's a suggestion. Why not offer the "pre-order" price to any one who buys the next battle pack release within a set time. Say up until two weeks after release? That way you won't have to mess with pre-orders. Seems like it would work out the same for sales.

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 13519
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:19 am

Post by IainMcNeil » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:53 pm

We're looking at an option like that.

stefanjhill
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:24 am

Post by stefanjhill » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:01 am

For those of us who don't regularly loiter about these forums, will we get an email that S&S is ready to pre-order/order/download (whatever) if we have all the others? Meaning are we on file.

Cheers,
S.

Scutarii
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Posts: 559
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:28 am

Post by Scutarii » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:09 pm

Ummm i am going to buy S&S and next two titles... add a preorder discount for S&S or add an extra discount for LT (if you have S&S + the LT preorders discount) isnt a problem for me but if somebody buys S&S and dont buy LT... maybe is better give a cupon for S&S buyers to use it in FOG army packs or game.

Another question could be add in games an extra discount based on player packs, for 3 packs you save an extra euro and for every extra pack 20 cents :wink:

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 13519
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:19 am

Post by IainMcNeil » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:06 am

If you subscribe to the newsletter you'll be notified of all new releases.

TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier
Posts: 4677
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:42 pm

Post by TheGrayMouser » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:52 pm

Looks like screenies are up on the products page for SaS, looks great, cant wait for the 23rd. cheers!


The screenshot of the DAG purchase screen for the late Mongols: looks like they will be suitably fearsome: alot of drilled sword bows and even armoured Bow Lance/swords, yikes!

Post Reply

Return to “Field of Glory Digital”