Single Campains planned

PC/Mac : Digital version of the popular tabletop gaming system. Fight battles on your desktop in single and mutiplayer!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, FoG PC Moderator, NewRoSoft

steelwarrior
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Single Campains planned

Post by steelwarrior » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:29 pm

As I have been playing through most Slitherine games and am mostly playing Single Player - is there any plan for single player campaigns? The concept looks very interesting for me - but I mostly lack the timing for multiplayer ;-) Have unusual working times ;-)

massina_nz
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Re: Single Campains planned

Post by massina_nz » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:29 am

steelwarrior wrote:As I have been playing through most Slitherine games and am mostly playing Single Player - is there any plan for single player campaigns? The concept looks very interesting for me - but I mostly lack the timing for multiplayer ;-) Have unusual working times ;-)
Not sure what constitutes unusual working times, but IMHO, most MP players are happy to play one turn a day. The game really shines in MP, so give it a go.

jonno
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by jonno » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:53 am

I also recommend trying MP.
There is a world-wide community of players - so I am sure you can find someone who is available to play at a time that suits.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Old_Warrior
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by Old_Warrior » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:36 pm

This would mean a new interface much like what you see in a popular computer game company I work with. I would think that this would be a good idea as there are quite a few solo players out there that do NOT want to wait on a move.

May I also point out that many folks still like to sit down and play out an entire game on a Saturday morning or Friday night session?

I have worked in the industry now for over 13 years, have published five titles and have found that most customers are solo players. It still shocks me. PBEM or the MP format that we have here is great. I like playing a real person.

The MAJORITY of folks do not it turns out. They buy the game to play it against the AI and are looking for a STRONG AI. Great graphics. Easy to learn interface. Etc.

Over 70 percent of the customers that buy the historical computer games I have worked on are looking for a Solo game. Yes, they may move over to playing an occasional game with someone they do not know but most of the time they just want to start up the game and play through as much of it that they can.

I prefer head to head play as just about all AIs are incapable of good play. Yes, you can boost the break point in our games to where the AI is harder to beat but I just played a game yesterday where the AI kept an entire wing behind a series of lakes and never engaged with more than 2 units. Meanwhile, I mopped up the rest of the AI's army.

A campaign would be a nice addition. It allows you to string together more than one battle.

Now you might want to participate in one of our campaigns. See the Campaigns forum for more info. It is not Solo and it will take longer but it will satisfy you in the short term.

I am hoping that some day a campaign format could be created for the solo player. Maybe a last module kind of thing or as part of an update.

Return to “Field of Glory Digital”