Field of Glory Battle Pack & v1.8.0 Now Available!

PC/Mac : Digital version of the popular tabletop gaming system. Fight battles on your desktop in single and mutiplayer!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, FoG PC Moderator, NewRoSoft, Slitherine Core, NewRoSoft, FoG PC Moderator

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Field of Glory Battle Pack & v1.8.0 Now Available!

Post by admin » Thu May 31, 2012 6:00 am

Field of Glory Battle Pack Now Available!
Get more than twenty challenging scenarios for single and multiplayer in one package!

We are excited to announce the release of the Field of Glory Battle Pack, a battle-ready pack full of scenarios for single and multiplayer that cover a wide range of periods.

Players can pick up the Field of Glory Battle Pack from either the Slitherine or Matrix Games site! Field of Glory Digital is REQUIRED to play the Field of Glory Battle Pack!

In the Field of Glory Battle Pack, players can choose from a variety of scenarios and refight great battles including Bosworth Field, Crecy, and the Battle of Granicus. Take control of Caesar’s forces during the invasion of Gaul or Britain, or take the field at Megiddo, Hastings, or Platea. All Field of Glory fans will find the right scenario that scratches the itch in the Battle Pack!

Check out the battle list below!

Al-Qadisiyya 637AD
Battle of the Standard 1138AD
Bosworth Field 1485AD
Brunanburh 937AD
Caesar in Britain (Devil's Dyke) 54BC
Caesar in Gaul (Ariovistus) 58BC
Crecy 1346AD
Degastan 603AD
Dorostolon 971AD
Eurymedon 466BC
Granicus 334BC
Hastings 1066AD
Las Navas De Tolosa 1212AD
Leuctra 371BC
Lincoln 1141AD
Lindanisa 1219AD
Mauron 1352AD
Megiddo 1457BC
Mortgarten 1315AD
Plataea 479BC
Raphia 217BC
Saving Jerusalem 582BC
St Matthews Day 1217AD
The Elephant Victory 273BC

Along with the release of the Field of Glory Battle Pack comes the 1.8 update for Field of Glory Digital, which can be downloaded from this link. The update includes fixes and changes to the following:

·         Added support for the Battle Pack 
·         Added additional Battle Groups to the scenario editor.
·         Fixed all reported DAG list issues in the Technical support forum. 
·         Fixed all reported Scenario Editor issues in the Technical support forum. 
·         Fixed a bug where Spear/Pike impact POA's were used incorrectly where a charge move by them ended in a stream.
·         Fixed a bug related to rear charge issues.

Pick up the patch from the downloads page at the Matrix Games site. The update is comprehensive and will bring all versions of Field of Glory Digital to 1.8.

About Field of Glory Battle Pack

Based on Slitherine’s popular tabletop wargaming system by the same name, Field of Glory now comes to the PC in a faithful adaptation of this acclaimed miniatures wargame!  Without the calculations and measurements required for a tabletop game of Field of Glory, the PC version accurately represents ancient and medieval combat where you make the important and fun decisions on the battlefield.

Now with the Field of Glory Battle Pack, players will find more than twenty additional challenging scenarios to whet their appetite for action on the field, from ancient to medieval tactical combat from Megiddo in 1457 BC to Bosworth Field in 1485 AD.

Field of Glory Digital is REQUIRED to play the Field of Glory Battle Pack

rcanavan
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Re: Field of Glory Battle Pack Now Available!

Post by rcanavan » Thu May 31, 2012 8:59 pm

Are these new scenarios or are they collected from the user scenarios available here and on the net.
-Richard

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:57 am

They are all from HexWar and as I understand it are a mix of new scenarios and scenarios submitted to them which were them polished and improved and bugs fixed ready for release. I can't tell you if any have been released already to the web - I don't have that info unfortunately.

vicco
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by vicco » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:43 pm

The scenarios are from different time periods. Would I be able to play them if I only have the Field of Glory Digital Version? Or, do I need the other FoG Packs to play the various period-related scenarios?

Sabratha
SPM Contributor
SPM Contributor

Post by Sabratha » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:04 pm

DrWarbo wrote:Are these new scenarios or are they collected from the user scenarios available here and on the net.
-Richard
Some at least are collected from user made scenarios - some of the scenarios (Saving Jerusalem) I made are in it, but I have sent those to the publishers via email agreeing them to be used.

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:25 pm

You only need the base Field of Glory game to play all of these scenarios.

We wanted to give a good variety of settings and think it has some great fun battles in there.

vicco

Re: Field of Glory Battle Pack & v1.8.0 Now Available!

Post by vicco » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:04 pm

Is there a v1.8 update patch for the Mac version? The above link only shows a PC update patch. Thanks in advance any clarification on this.

wellard2006

Post by wellard2006 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:23 pm

Huh..Still no Bannockburn..or is that coming with Oath of Fealty

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:46 pm

wellard2006 wrote:Huh..Still no Bannockburn..or is that coming with Oath of Fealty

You could try my version . . .

Bannockburn 1314 - English 400pts, Scots 525pts, 21 turns. One of the classic medieval battles!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15461007/Battle ... 20PWv3.rar

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:44 am

The Mac version needs to be updated using the in game updater. There is no way to patch Mac apps.

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:06 pm

The version of Bosworth Field 1485 included in the Battlepack was made by me. I also wrote a variation rule for those players who wanted to play a more historically "accurate" version (the exact course of events is still hotly disputed by historians). So the historical variation is as follows . . .

"The two Stanley contingents (Lancastrians) and Northumberland's contingent (Yorkists) do not join the battle unless total break points in the game equal 5-10-15-20-25-30 or 35 at the start of any player turn."

batesmotel
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by batesmotel » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:50 pm

stockwellpete wrote:The version of Bosworth Field 1485 included in the Battlepack was made by me. I also wrote a variation rule for those players who wanted to play a more historically "accurate" version (the exact course of events is still hotly disputed by historians). So the historical variation is as follows . . .

"The two Stanley contingents (Lancastrians) and Northumberland's contingent (Yorkists) do not join the battle unless total break points in the game equal 5-10-15-20-25-30 or 35 at the start of any player turn."
Hi Pete,

I'm not sure I understand the reasoning behind this. So if the total breakpoints (I assume this is the sum of the BP lost by both sides) exactly equal a multiple of 5 at the start of a turn then the contingents in question become active? If the actual breakpoint totals at the start of turns actually ended up as 4-8-12-16-24-28-32-36-40, then the contingents would never become active? I guess this would be a way to generate a fairly random time for them to enter if that is your intent.

Chris
....where life is beautiful all the time

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:32 am

batesmotel wrote:Hi Pete,

I'm not sure I understand the reasoning behind this. So if the total breakpoints (I assume this is the sum of the BP lost by both sides) exactly equal a multiple of 5 at the start of a turn then the contingents in question become active? If the actual breakpoint totals at the start of turns actually ended up as 4-8-12-16-24-28-32-36-40, then the contingents would never become active? I guess this would be a way to generate a fairly random time for them to enter if that is your intent.

Chris
Yes, that is exactly right, Chris. The idea is to create the uncertainty about the intentions of the various leaders on the day of the battle - there seems to be a lot of historical evidence for taking this approach and it does add excitement to the scenario.

And, yes, it is the sum of the BP lost by both sides that will trigger the three other contingents.

In addition, players may change the multiples of 5 pattern if they wish to (to multiples of 4 maybe, or 6's) and they could also say that once break points reach a certain level at the start of a turn then the other contingents will automatically become active (say 25 BP's or 30BP's). So there is scope for experimentation. In play-tests though, the multiples of 5 worked best really and very occasionally the other contingents did not join the battle at all.

A further historical option is that the battle is over if either Richard III or Henry Tudor are killed ("aargh" sound).

svefred2
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by svefred2 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:32 am

It is the 31st, why cant i i buy Wolves from the sea??????

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:29 am

Sorry that was supposed to be updated and pushed back. The team are still working on the FoG update. I think we have another 6 weeks to go before its ready.

Rodia
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Rodia » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:03 pm

Hello, I have a question.

Battle Pack scenarios do not show in "Historical Battles" along other bought scenarios. Instead they're listed in a separated "Battle Pack" tag, as if they were custom scenarios (lol which they are).

Any way to merge both lists?

Return to “Field of Glory Digital”