Arausio 105 BC

PC/Mac : Digital version of the popular tabletop gaming system. Fight battles on your desktop in single and mutiplayer!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, FoG PC Moderator, NewRoSoft

Tokhuah
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Arausio 105 BC

Post by Tokhuah »

I have played the scenario a few times as the Romans and lost every time. Does anyone have hints for Roman tactics on this one?
suck it
Micha63
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Re: Arausio 105 BC

Post by Micha63 »

Tokhuah wrote:I have played the scenario a few times as the Romans and lost every time. Does anyone have hints for Roman tactics on this one?
I dont know about the battle but if the romans lost in the reality it was mabe the intend of the scenariodesigner to make it hard for the roman player.
Give the pc a handicap and yourself an advance in the settings to get more chance to win.
Tokhuah

Post by Tokhuah »

I did something that made me feel better about my series of (sometimes narrow) losses on the Roman side. I tired a game marshaling the Teutoni (Germanic Tribes) vs. the AI as Romans and totally wreaked them 59-22.
suck it
Ironwulf

Post by Ironwulf »

It took me a bit to figure out how to win here and the key for me was realizing the Hastati are a bit different from the custom DAG units:

None are Shock capable impact troops (with the exception of a few Triarii). -
They're all classified as Medium Foot. -
They're all Armored rather than Protected. +
To me that reads as "Defensive Hastati"

So...

Anchor the left flank with your Triarii (Heavy and Shock capable) and form up on line in front of the hill and hold the line there. Do not charge up that hill or get pulled into combat in the woods if you can help it. Keep a strip of open ground in front of your cohorts for maximum slaughter. Use your medium (Socii)/light foot (Velites) and horse on high ground to cover your left flank here. Don't charge the barbarians on the hill... hold the line and let them come to you.

Take the middle hill with your other formation. It will be contested but your cohorts will prevail. You now own the center high ground. At this point in the battle, odds are the barbarian center will be somewhat down in that low ground between your left and center. Unleash your shock capable barbarian allies on them (Celts) and wipe them out. This will also free up resources in the center to address the threat posed by the Jutland left... trying pressing their backs to the river.

Return to “Field of Glory Digital”