FoG(U) update

PC/Mac : Digital version of the popular tabletop gaming system. Fight battles on your desktop in single and mutiplayer!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, FoG PC Moderator, NewRoSoft

oldbear1962
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: FoG(U) update

Post by oldbear1962 »

You and me both. My gut instinct is that sooner or later they will declare this valiant effort to be a failure. Hope I'm wrong.
JocaRamiro
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by JocaRamiro »

Sorry,

Just release it already!! Bugs and all.
Praeter
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Praeter »

Would be great to get some idea from slitherine on a release date.
Asterix_von_TWC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Asterix_von_TWC »

LOL Praeter - check the history of the posts here, its been two years since first mention of the update - Cothyso has been working bravely on it in spare time, but Slitherine are investing no resources except a bit of internet and a tiny bit of human bandwith into it. No info, no release dates, only promises of one in spring and still no word.
Praeter
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Praeter »

Yeah, I know - I wonder if we all logged support requests they might decide to do something about it - perhaps some kind of peaceful protest until they release it!
oldbear1962
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by oldbear1962 »

It's not going to happen. This is a dead project as far as Slitherine are concerned. That much is blindingly obvious and has been for many months now.
Praeter
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Praeter »

Not sure why they would go to the trouble of getting the update made in that case - they might as well release it surely? Some die-hards like us will buy the new army packs which have already been made.
oldbear1962
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by oldbear1962 »

That's the point. They haven't gone to any trouble. Cothyso has been working on it in his spare time, that's all. Don't you think if it was releasable they would release it as you suggest?
cothyso
NewRoSoft
NewRoSoft

Post by cothyso »

a small update, before every and each of you starts seeing flying horses..

The latest FoG(U) v2.2.00.1006 (GC5) build is up for the Slitherine stuff for testing from 10th September. It's just bad luck they are extremely busy during this period, and haven't managed yet to complete a full test on the build in order to give it the final release go.

They told me this is the case in an update email I've received yesterday, and asked me to go on and prepare the MacOS build too (as both PC and MacOS will be released at the same time). After that I will work on the remaining to be completed iOS and Android store code (to prepare the tablets releases too).

In the mean time, all of you have full access to the very same build, which is also fully playable on the PBEM++ server. So, just because the game has not the "released" sticker on it yet is just no excuse to not play it until then. There's nothing preventing you doing so.

Cheers,
dan

PS: and I never was and I am still not working on FoG(U) in my "spare time" only, but as a full time position (of course, plus most of my free and spare time too)..
Praeter
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Praeter »

Thanks for the update - good to hear that you're working on the other formats - that's definitely a positive sign.

I'll have another go at trying to download the new version - may have to tinker with the Firewall software first though!
cothyso
NewRoSoft
NewRoSoft

Post by cothyso »

Hello guys,

Another small update. On 13th October 2015 we've also sent the v2.2.00.1006 (GC5) OSX build for review to the Slitherine staff, and today we've received a preliminary feedback report regarding the v2.2.00.1006 (GC5) PC build (sent for reviewing on 11th September 2015): everything looks good and they've found no problems so far, so they'll give it a little bit more testing and start looking for a release slot. A beta version of the OSX build (I've also added the v2.2.00.1006 (GC5) OSX beta version (which has the same code as the OSX release build sent for reviewing) was just added to the v2.2.00.1006 (GC5) build's page.

Cheers,
dan
voskarp
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by voskarp »

Simply Great!
cothyso
NewRoSoft
NewRoSoft

Post by cothyso »

Updated the FoG(U) v2.2.00.1006 (GC5) build's post with a new features list (WIP).
Micha63
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by Micha63 »

If possible please make it playable on a 19 Inch Screen.
grumblefish
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by grumblefish »

Will you be advertising the game again and offering a discount on the base game so that you can attract a new generation of players? Like others have pointed out, the player base has shrunk a lot during the years of neglect.
cothyso
NewRoSoft
NewRoSoft

Post by cothyso »

This is a question for Slitherine.

In the mean time, I've uploaded the new client [BLD] v2.2.00.1012 (GC5c)(mod) release build
oldbear1962
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by oldbear1962 »

Seems like the same old merry-go-round...
cothyso
NewRoSoft
NewRoSoft

Post by cothyso »

Patience, my young padawan :)

I hate to stop your horses, but on 20th October Slitherine accepted the v2.2.00.1006 (GC5) as the release build (The New Field of Glory, FoG(U) update), so it's not at all like being the same marry-go-around.

And in the mean time, you have full access to an updated v2.2.00.2012 build (which is the same as the release build) and can play with it anytime you'd want to. Who's stopping you playing it? :)

dan
grumblefish

Post by grumblefish »

You can't use the latest build to play online, though, which is the point. So we're waiting.
cothyso
NewRoSoft
NewRoSoft

Post by cothyso »

huh? I'm sorry to disappoint you, but the beta build always worked online (the only period in which it wasn't was during the MP communication protocol update and MP gameflow update, but that was over a year ago, or so).

Return to “Field of Glory Digital”