What is the actual status of this game?

PC/Mac : Digital version of the popular tabletop gaming system. Fight battles on your desktop in single and mutiplayer!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, FoG PC Moderator, NewRoSoft

Solaristics
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1
Posts: 133
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:17 am

What is the actual status of this game?

Post by Solaristics » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:34 pm

I'm trying to decipher from the forum what is going on with this game.

Is the new version released or not? I find the posts mentioning different version releases confusing - are these referring to the beta? Is it an open beta?

I saw a post saying that you can use the serial number from the original version of the game - is that true?

A request: please clean up the "announcements" and "stickies" forum section as they seem out of date, or at least make a new one that explains what is going on.

Najanaja
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Posts: 259
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:35 am
Location: Australia

Re: What is the actual status of this game?

Post by Najanaja » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:45 am

I second that request.

A few words explaining what the current situation is would be appreciated - (for those of who have not been following the saga).

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator
Posts: 10035
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:50 pm
Contact:

Re: What is the actual status of this game?

Post by stockwellpete » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:21 am

Constans wrote:I'm trying to decipher from the forum what is going on with this game.

Is the new version released or not? I find the posts mentioning different version releases confusing - are these referring to the beta? Is it an open beta?

I saw a post saying that you can use the serial number from the original version of the game - is that true?

A request: please clean up the "announcements" and "stickies" forum section as they seem out of date, or at least make a new one that explains what is going on.
No, the new version has not been released yet. They were going to release it two weeks ago but then they found a serious bug. There is an open beta version available to everyone and you can use your serial numbers to activate the various expansions you have previously purchased. I agree that the forum needs freshening up and I assume Slitherine will do that once the new version is finally released.

TDefender
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Posts: 198
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:44 am

Re: What is the actual status of this game?

Post by TDefender » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:13 pm

Constans wrote:I'm trying to decipher from the forum what is going on with this game.

Is the new version released or not? I find the posts mentioning different version releases confusing - are these referring to the beta? Is it an open beta?

I saw a post saying that you can use the serial number from the original version of the game - is that true?

A request: please clean up the "announcements" and "stickies" forum section as they seem out of date, or at least make a new one that explains what is going on.
I Coudln't agree more...

Solaristics
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1
Posts: 133
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:17 am

Re: What is the actual status of this game?

Post by Solaristics » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:11 pm

stockwellpete wrote: There is an open beta version available to everyone
Could you direct me to that please?

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator
Posts: 10035
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:50 pm
Contact:

Re: What is the actual status of this game?

Post by stockwellpete » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:29 pm

Constans wrote:
stockwellpete wrote: There is an open beta version available to everyone
Could you direct me to that please?
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 97&t=70282

Brigz
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Posts: 273
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:42 am

Re: What is the actual status of this game?

Post by Brigz » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:27 pm

That link leads nowhere.

xavutrecht
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Posts: 498
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 2:03 pm

Re: What is the actual status of this game?

Post by xavutrecht » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:22 am

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 97&t=70282

Scroll about halfway of the page:
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (30.57 KiB) Viewed 3167 times
Right-click on the link and save target as.

Extract the files and run the FOG(U).exe file.
I pasted my serial number and it worked.
Xavier

oldbear1962
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:44 pm

Re: What is the actual status of this game?

Post by oldbear1962 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:45 pm

So after all this time it's still in Beta then?

McHarg
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1
Posts: 145
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:23 am

Re: What is the actual status of this game?

Post by McHarg » Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:41 pm

Hey all,

I have been playing regular FOG for several years. Does anyone know the plan when they actually release? I assume we have to buy a new game? Can anyone give us a report on how it plays compared to the old FOG? Do we know if the servers for the old game will still stay up?

I have to admit, I think Slitherine has a problem with supporting their games. I basically quit playing Battle Academy 2, not because I did not like the game, but because there was no sensible way to get new scenarios and play new players. This was basically a problem with there server design.

I really like FOG, and sure hope the new game is good and is supported.

Geoff

MikeMarchant
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Posts: 638
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:46 pm

Re: What is the actual status of this game?

Post by MikeMarchant » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:27 am

mchargmg wrote:Hey all,

I have been playing regular FOG for several years. Does anyone know the plan when they actually release? I assume we have to buy a new game? Can anyone give us a report on how it plays compared to the old FOG? Do we know if the servers for the old game will still stay up?

I have to admit, I think Slitherine has a problem with supporting their games. I basically quit playing Battle Academy 2, not because I did not like the game, but because there was no sensible way to get new scenarios and play new players. This was basically a problem with there server design.

I really like FOG, and sure hope the new game is good and is supported.

Geoff
As far as I understand it, Geoff, the new version will be free to players who own the original game, and so will the new updated expansions for any that you already own.

As to when it will be released... we're none of us any wiser than you on that point.


Best Wishes

Mike

oldbear1962
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:44 pm

Re: What is the actual status of this game?

Post by oldbear1962 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:23 am

Sadly I suspect that even when this is finally released (if that ever happens) it will not be as smooth as many are assuming. Just call it a gut instinct.

voskarp
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Posts: 612
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:47 pm
Location: Uppsala, Sweden

Re: What is the actual status of this game?

Post by voskarp » Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:08 pm

According to Nostradamus, there will be a very long and especially grim winter; followed by a warm but unusually windy summer. The apples will grow plentiful on the branches of the trees, and the pigs will be fat and healthy. In the late autumn that year, following the alignment of all five planets, FoG(u) will finally be released!
Last edited by voskarp on Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MikeMarchant
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Posts: 638
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:46 pm

Re: What is the actual status of this game?

Post by MikeMarchant » Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:46 pm

voskarp wrote:According to Nostradamus, there will be a very long and especially grim winter; followed by a warm but unusually windy summer. The apples will grow plentiful on the branches of the trees, and the pigs will be fat and heathy. In the late autumn that year, following the alignment of all five planets, FoG(u) will finally be released!
Oh dear, since we've had one of the warmest winters on record (in the UK) it won't be this autumn then.


Best Wishes

Mike

oldbear1962
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:44 pm

Re: What is the actual status of this game?

Post by oldbear1962 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:54 am

And as another week crawls by FoG drops to slot 6 in the New Releases section of the forum without even getting released. And no updates, no nothing. Perhaps they are developing the first permanently Beta game. Who knows?

Micha63
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
Posts: 774
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:56 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: What is the actual status of this game?

Post by Micha63 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:21 pm

oldbear1962 wrote:And as another week crawls by FoG drops to slot 6 in the New Releases section of the forum without even getting released. And no updates, no nothing. Perhaps they are developing the first permanently Beta game. Who knows?
The old version works great( AT LEAST FOR ME ) . So it should not be a real problem.

oldbear1962
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:44 pm

Re: What is the actual status of this game?

Post by oldbear1962 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:40 pm

If the old version were so good they wouldn't have decided on a new version.

TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier
Posts: 4694
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:42 pm

Re: What is the actual status of this game?

Post by TheGrayMouser » Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:48 pm

oldbear1962 wrote:If the old version were so good they wouldn't have decided on a new version.
The fact that its a 7 year old game and a large enough # of people are still playing so that small tourneys and campaigns are still viable indicates its not so bad :)

fogman
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Posts: 1488
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:29 pm

Re: What is the actual status of this game?

Post by fogman » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:43 pm

the only reason i'd want fog (u) is the last two or three expansion books. other than that, i'd stay with the old version. of course if they had just released them without it being tied to a new version, we would all be happier. the publisher dropped that ball.

TDefender
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Posts: 198
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:44 am

Re: What is the actual status of this game?

Post by TDefender » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:32 pm

Micha wrote: The old version works great( AT LEAST FOR ME ) . So it should not be a real problem.
You're right especially if devs are just happy with the previous sales and are not interested in having new ones... :roll:

Post Reply

Return to “Field of Glory Digital”