FoG(U) Update #36

PC/Mac : Digital version of the popular tabletop gaming system. Fight battles on your desktop in single and mutiplayer!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, FoG PC Moderator, NewRoSoft

KeathZerstorer
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Re: FoG(U) Update #24

Post by KeathZerstorer »

How's the work on new update going?
And any idea why the last beta stopped working? Stuck at the beginning on "loading version.xml"
cothyso
NewRoSoft
NewRoSoft

FoG(U) Update #25,26

Post by cothyso »

Hello guys,

Unfortunately there aren't almost any kind of good news regarding the last couple of weeks updates. During the latest days I was totally crashed with a few days of less than 30% productivity and a few days in which I was just staring at the monitor and at the walls (a very bad relapse of chronic fatigue syndrome culminated by a super-mega-disastrous Friday). It's mostly passed by now, as well as the work allowance for FoG(U).

Yet chance decided we're to have a sort of short holiday (with a free Thursday 1st and Monday 6th June, a couple of days of weekend and a day-off for Friday 2nd June to link them all) and I will have to find a way to fit finishing of the looong-overdue next FoG(U) build's work sometime during these "free" days.

Yours Shamefully,
Dan Antonescu

PS: our FTP server crashed sometime during Friday, and is not back online yet. The beta version is not working without it (as it needs to download the version.xml file which is not provided with any beta build).
MikeMarchant
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Re: FoG(U) Update #25,26

Post by MikeMarchant »

Take care of yourself, Dan, your health is more important than this game.

Best Wishes

Mike
cothyso
NewRoSoft
NewRoSoft

FoG(U) Update #27,28

Post by cothyso »

Hello guys,

No work was done on FoG(U) from the last update (30th May 2017). I had to takeover a project from someone who left the office, make it work, get familiarized with it, fix it (there were a lot of things broken in it), bring it up in a launch form (ie adding a lot of new requested features in daily builds, sometime in even more than a build per day) and all of these asap (like in yesterday). With today's work the project just reached the light at the end of the tunnel, so I will hand it over in the following days to someone else (which will deal with any eventual small future requests).

And so I will get back on FoG(U) after a couple of days, with the next Monday as a target for this loong overdue FoG(U) build.

Cheers,
Dan Antonescu

PS: just for you to know, I've just summed up all the logs and they amounted to 132 effective work days instead of the 92 official ones I have from the beginning of this year (which translates in around 144% ... no wonder I had next to none extra time to dedicate to FoG(U) or that I've had the huge crash from the last month)
Skip
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Re: FoG(U) Update #27,28

Post by Skip »

Is FoG(U) a 64-bit app? I ask this because I just read Apple is planning to limit apps to these after the next macOS upgrade or two.
DonCzirr
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Re: FoG(U) Update #27,28

Post by DonCzirr »

Skip wrote:Is FoG(U) a 64-bit app? I ask this because I just read Apple is planning to limit apps to these after the next macOS upgrade or two.

So that is for MAC OS as well?

I had heard about IOS 11 but not about MAC.

In either case, I'm hoping FOG U is 64 bit as well - looking forward to playing this on the iPAD for a long time.
Man schlägt jemanden mit der Faust und nicht mit gespreizten Fingern !

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100032812112896
cothyso
NewRoSoft
NewRoSoft

FoG(U) Update #29

Post by cothyso »

Hello guys,

Well, handing over the mentioned project to someone else turned into having to do all the newly appeared requests by myself, as no one would have been able to learn the project and do them in the few remaining days. As of today is still not finished yet, but it will be in the following days.

Until then, again, no work was or will be done on the FoG(U) build, I'm sorry :(

Thank you,
Dan Antonescu

PS: FoG(U) is a so loooong time 64 bit app, that I don't even remember when we've switched from 32 to 64..
MikeMarchant

Re: FoG(U) Update #29

Post by MikeMarchant »

You're doing a great job, Dan. Keep at it and you'll get there one day.

Best Wishes

Mike
Skip

Post by Skip »

cothyso wrote: PS: FoG(U) is a so loooong time 64 bit app, that I don't even remember when we've switched from 32 to 64..
Thank you, sir.
cothyso
NewRoSoft
NewRoSoft

Post by cothyso »

A small update

If the hell itself is not breaking loose, the build I've just made, tested and sent should be the final release build for the currently working on project. The reverse is that I'm really exhausted by this point, I've had more than 160% effective work days during the last 4 weeks spent in order to take over this project and bring it up into a launch form.

Starting with tomorrow I'll have a couple of rest days (if there are no super mega ultra fast fix fixes needed for the PSVRC launch build), then I'll resume FoG(U) work (a couple of days getting into the project, followed by effective coding days) starting from Wednesday.

I'm going to sleep now, hoping to not be needed to wake up and get out of it for a couple of days... one at least can hope :)
Micha63

Post by Micha63 »

cothyso wrote:A small update

If the hell itself is not breaking loose, the build I've just made, tested and sent should be the final release build for the currently working on project. The reverse is that I'm really exhausted by this point, I've had more than 160% effective work days during the last 4 weeks spent in order to take over this project and bring it up into a launch form.

Starting with tomorrow I'll have a couple of rest days (if there are no super mega ultra fast fix fixes needed for the PSVRC launch build), then I'll resume FoG(U) work (a couple of days getting into the project, followed by effective coding days) starting from Wednesday.

I'm going to sleep now, hoping to not be needed to wake up and get out of it for a couple of days... one at least can hope :)
Have a good nigth.
MikeMarchant

Post by MikeMarchant »

Take a well-earned rest Dan. You most certainly deserve it.

Best Wishes

Mike
KeathZerstorer

Post by KeathZerstorer »

Any news about further updates?
cothyso
NewRoSoft
NewRoSoft

FoG(U) Update #30-34

Post by cothyso »

Gentlemen,

The new FoG(U) v2.6.00.1045 (GM3)(mod) beta build!

Thank you all for your limitless faith and support,
Dan Antonescu
t341
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Re: FoG(U) Update #34

Post by t341 »

glad to see this but when you click the download link it says there is nothing there
t341
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by t341 »

cothyso
NewRoSoft
NewRoSoft

Post by cothyso »

hms wrote:http://www.x-2.info/FoG/builds/beta/FoG ... _(Win).rar part of it is not a hyperlink
Is due to the way the forum is parsing a text web link. You can just copy/paste it into your browser. I've also edited the thread making it a real URL:

http://www.x-2.info/FoG/builds/beta/FoG ... _(Win).rar
t341
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by t341 »

do not mean to be a pest but all I get is one text file when i unpack the rar, what should one do with it?
cothyso
NewRoSoft
NewRoSoft

Post by cothyso »

Uhm...

I've checked the archive, and everything's fine with it. It contains an executable file, a data folder, and 3 txt files. And others have downloaded, installed it and used it just fine.

You should probably need to use WinRar to unpack the file. Either (if you installed WinRar with the right click menu option active) right click on the archive an pick Extract to option, or just double click on it to have it opened in WinRar, see its content and chose where to unpack the files.

Check these pages for more details:
http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-extra ... n-windows/
http://windowsreport.com/windows-10-rar-files/
Micha63

Post by Micha63 »

Hello, thanks for the new build and for the editor. Can you please explain how to convert old Fog scenarios to fog unity. Everything looks sharper now for me. Great job.

Return to “Field of Glory Digital”