Field of Glory II is announced!

PC/Mac : Digital version of the popular tabletop gaming system. Fight battles on your desktop in single and mutiplayer!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, FoG PC Moderator, NewRoSoft

Daniele
Slitherine
Slitherine

Field of Glory II is announced!

Post by Daniele »

Award-winning wargame designer Richard Bodley Scott is back. The mastermind behind successes like Pike and Shot and Sengoku Jidai, returns to his roots and is busy at work on the sequel of one of the most successful wargaming systems ever: Field of Glory.

“The first digital adaptation of the most popular ancients and medieval tabletop wargaming rules served as a stepping stone in the foundation of the Slitherine Group as we know it today”, said Iain McNeil, Development Director of Slitherine. “We are happy to have RBS working on the next iteration of this PC game as he is both the father of the original tabletop game and the creator of its new digital conversion”.

It's 280 B.C. The Republic of Rome has just finished defeating its Italian neighbours and already the Southern territories are menaced by King Pyrrhus of Epirus. Carthage, to the South-West is also a threat to the newborn Mediterranean power. In the north, the Gauls continue to see the rich Roman cities as inviting targets.

A new age of war is coming.

Set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC, Field of Glory II will accurately simulate the battles of the Ancient World, before the full establishment of the Roman Empire. Boasting a set of unique and detailed Army Lists for each faction, the game offers a wide variety of tactical choices with more than 80 beautiful and fully animated 3D models, each with multiple uniform variations.

“We really wanted Field of Glory 2 to be a big step up both in terms of visuals and in gameplay. We knew that with RBS on board, gameplay would fit well with both the historical setting and the nature of warfare at the time. For the visuals, we have put together a team that includes Pat Ward, formerly Art Director at Shenandoah and our Art Director Richard Evans. The result is a wargame that will please the fans, but also attract a brand new generation of gamers”.

Players can already join the beta of Field of Glory II by applying here.

Expect to experience a Classic Age that’s more vibrant than ever in this tabletop miniature wargame brought to life to PC! Field of Glory II is set to release this fall.

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Field of Glory II is announced!

Post by IainMcNeil »

Hi guys,

I wanted to say that while FoG II enters beta and the release approaches, Dan is still working on FoG U and is committed to supporting it. This is a completely different team using a different engine so there is no overlap of resources at all. FoG II works does not in any way impact FoG U.

Having said that we'd definitely like to see as many FoG players on the beta as possible :)

Thanks!
Blackbirdx61
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Blackbirdx61 »

Beautiful screen caps looking forward to it!!
Strategiusz
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Strategiusz »

Any gifts or discounts for testers?
Dougputhoff
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Dougputhoff »

I'm glad somebody's still working on the original FoG. I still want to see the remaining expansion books (SWIFTER THAN EAGLES to NAPOLEONICS) put in digital format.
w_michael
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by w_michael »

Are you still on track to have Field of Glory II Digital released in the fall? I am really looking forward to this.
William Michael, Pike & Shot Campaigns and Field of Glory II series enthusiast
Calvitious

Post by Calvitious »

Great news ! Volunteer to register as a beta tester, but the page asks for my nickname and password. Are they supposed to be new ones created for the occasion or the Merged Account one ? Kind of confusing for me, sorry. :oops:
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Calvitious wrote:Great news ! Volunteer to register as a beta tester, but the page asks for my nickname and password. Are they supposed to be new ones created for the occasion or the Merged Account one ? Kind of confusing for me, sorry. :oops:
The merged account one, I believe.
Richard Bodley Scott

Calvitious

Post by Calvitious »

Let's try it. Thank you ! :wink:
Morbio
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Post by Morbio »

Hi honey, I'm home! :D

I've invested in FoG II and will be participating in the carnage once more! :twisted:

I hope to see old friends and make new ones... a lot has happened in the last few years!

Morbio
ianiow

Post by ianiow »

Morbio wrote:Hi honey, I'm home! :D

I've invested in FoG II and will be participating in the carnage once more! :twisted:

I hope to see old friends and make new ones... a lot has happened in the last few years!

Morbio
The prodigal returns. Welcome back Ade! :D
Morbio

Post by Morbio »

ianiow wrote:
Morbio wrote:Hi honey, I'm home! :D

Morbio
The prodigal returns. Welcome back Ade! :D
Thanks Ian :) I'm on a steep learning curve, this is somewhat different to the old game! :shock:

Return to “Field of Glory Digital”