Antioch Scenario Difficult - Help!

PC/Mac : Digital version of the popular tabletop gaming system. Fight battles on your desktop in single and mutiplayer!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, FoG PC Moderator, NewRoSoft

Gomoto
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Antioch Scenario Difficult - Help!

Post by Gomoto »

I think the antioch scenario is very hard for the crusaders.

Any pointers or an AAR available? Could not find any advice on the forum.

Regards
Gomoto
Micha63
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Re: Antioch Scenario Difficult - Help!

Post by Micha63 »

You can give yourself an advance in the settings to make it easyer. Some scenarios are not winnable for both sides.
Gomoto
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Gomoto »

Thanks for your advice, I am interested if someone won this scenario with the human default crusaders.

Perhaps it was just quite a feat back in 1098 by the real crusaders to win this battle.
Micha63

Post by Micha63 »

Try to surch here: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=96
OR WAIT FOR AN ANSWER, but it may take a while, the forum isnt high frequented anymore.
Edmund_Blackadder
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by Edmund_Blackadder »

If you keep practicing, you will work out the weaknesses and default reactions of the AI. This will enable you to use your units to their best effect. For example, if you charge its average protected horse archers with your defensive spears it will evade because they are heavy foot even though the odds are even. It is also poor at spotting outflanking manoeuvres even if you take several turns to set them up.
I'd suggest you withdraw your top left units back a bit to avoid overextension and use your mediums to block 3 difficult areas in the 'south' and then push half your spears 'north' with a space between them and a knight or 2 in reserve. The AI won't charge you and you can force its cavalry to evade off the table. In the north east you can hold using 2 or 3 spears and 3 mediums whilst pushing a medium or two through the rough in the centre and around the back of the right hand cavalry bunch.
Whilst doing all this, keep your general centre to keep morale up for units within 8, take rear charges when you can but guard against giving them away as the AI does notice.
Gomoto
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Gomoto »

Thanks for your detailed help! I will give this a try!
Gomoto
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Gomoto »

Thanks again. Took me three more runs to make it, but finally the Crusaders were victorious. :D Seems I had also quite bad luck on my other tries, this time it worked out and I took out two of their commanders early (happened to my commanders twice in the earlier runs).

Basic strategy was to calmly set up my main strike force in place (4 spearmen & 2 knights) and let the Seljuks advance first, so that in the second turn my spearmen and knights could take them head on. I pushed on the northern and eastern enemies and defended in the south and the west.

Thanks Edmund for your valuable advice!

(By the way the AI was charging me all the time during all of my runs. And I still think this scenario is on the harder side. Dont had a problem with the other scenarios up until now. Just for info: I play the original FOG not the unity version.)
Edmund_Blackadder

Post by Edmund_Blackadder »

You are welcome. I think pretty much everybody is sticking to the original version at the moment, so you shouldn't have any problems picking up multiplayer games.

Return to “Field of Glory Digital”