Page 1 of 1

Future of this game ?

Posted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:07 pm
by Freyr Oakenshield
Is FoG1 worth buying considering the fact that there is now FoG2? Is it still being developed? Also, is the game in the store Unity or non-Unity?

Re: Future of this game ?

Posted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:54 pm
by fogman
They are two different games. Fog 1 is simpler and play faster. Fog 2 is 3D and based on Pike and Shot. They sell you the Unity version but buying it allows you to download the RB version 1.8 which is the version we still play here. The Unity version has been abandoned by its developer. Beware that to get the most out of it, you will need to get all the DLCs which add up. A very elegant program that runs flawlessly and is highly addictive.

Re: Future of this game ?

Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:09 am
by Micha63
Freyr Oakenshield wrote:Is FoG1 worth buying considering the fact that there is now FoG2?
It depends on what you are looking for. If you prefer 2 D games without nervkilling animations it"s the rigth game.
If a modern graphic is important for you ist the wrong game.

Re: Future of this game ?

Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:01 am
by Freyr Oakenshield
As for the DLCs offerred in the store - are they good for the RB version 1.8 or will they have to be converted?

Re: Future of this game ?

Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:15 am
by VPaulus
Freyr Oakenshield wrote:As for the DLCs offerred in the store - are they good for the RB version 1.8 or will they have to be converted?
All you have to do, in both versions of FoG I, is to unlock the DLCs with the serial number we provide after you have purchased them.

Re: Future of this game ?

Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:27 pm
by Micha63
fogman wrote:The Unity version has been abandoned by its developer.
Hello Fogman, how did you now FOG-unity will not get updates anymore ? Was there a message from the developer ?

Re: Future of this game ?

Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:54 pm
by Freyr Oakenshield
Micha wrote:
Freyr Oakenshield wrote:Is FoG1 worth buying considering the fact that there is now FoG2?
It depends on what you are looking for. If you prefer 2 D games without nervkilling animations it"s the rigth game.
If a modern graphic is important for you ist the wrong game.

I'm not crazy about animations or 3D; however, what I'm afraid of is to invest in a game that will sink into oblivion, as there is FoGII around, and from what I've read here the development has stalled...

Re: Future of this game ?

Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:20 pm
by fogman
Micha wrote:
fogman wrote:The Unity version has been abandoned by its developer.
Hello Fogman, how did you now FOG-unity will not get updates anymore ? Was there a message from the developer ?
Educated guess. He hasn’t been heard from since early August. Everybody is playing the old version so what’s the point?

Re: Future of this game ?

Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:24 pm
by fogman
Freyr Oakenshield wrote:
I'm not crazy about animations or 3D; however, what I'm afraid of is to invest in a game that will sink into oblivion, as there is FoGII around, and from what I've read here the development has stalled...
The development has stalled on the unity version, which is not needed. We’re all playing the RB version here. There is nothing like FoG 1 out there. It has a long shelf life. Fog 2 isn’t the same.

Re: Future of this game ?

Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:24 pm
by Micha63
fogman wrote:

There is nothing like FoG 1 out there. It has a long shelf life. Fog 2 isn’t the same.
Thats exatly what i"m thinking.

Re: Future of this game ?

Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:30 pm
by Micha63
Freyr Oakenshield wrote:
Micha wrote:
Freyr Oakenshield wrote:Is FoG1 worth buying considering the fact that there is now FoG2?
It depends on what you are looking for. If you prefer 2 D games without nervkilling animations it"s the rigth game.
If a modern graphic is important for you ist the wrong game.

I'm not crazy about animations or 3D; however, what I'm afraid of is to invest in a game that will sink into oblivion, as there is FoGII around, and from what I've read here the development has stalled...
Fog 1 is ready and needs no further devellopment. Be sure , me and maybe also others will take care to Keep it running on further Windows Versions.
I"m doing that for almost 10 years for the game " Peoples General" and Fog 1 is also worth it. Fog unity is not really necessary. FOG 1 gives us all we need.

Re: Future of this game ?

Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:43 pm
by KeathZerstorer
Is it possible somehow to use content from Wolves of the Sea in 1.8? There is not even an option to input its serial number.

Re: Future of this game ?

Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:01 pm
by Micha63
KeathZerstorer wrote:Is it possible somehow to use content from Wolves of the Sea in 1.8? There is not even an option to input its serial number.
I dont think so, ist only playable in FOG unity.

Re: Future of this game ?

Posted: Fri May 31, 2019 7:38 am
by Jaime46
Is it possible somehow to use content from Wolves of the Sea in 1.8? There is not even an option to input its serial number. ttrockstars

Re: Future of this game ?

Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:05 pm
by AlexDetrojan
Jaime46, no they are incompatible sadly.