Private forum for design team.

Moderators: nikgaukroger, rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, FOGR Design

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Kalmar Union queries for Karsten

Post by rbodleyscott » Sat May 22, 2010 2:34 pm

Karsten,

1) I am unclear what the *s in this list are supposed to achieve.

Which type is there supposed to be a minimum of if any German gendarmes etc are used?

The same query applies to the Danish list.

2) "Swedish Rebel allies – Early Scandinavian (Swedish Rebel allies options only)"

Do you really mean this? This would mean that the only thing they can contain is Swedish select levy.

3) In which case the the restriction at the end of the Swedish rebel allies list is redundant.

Ghaznavid
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Re: Kalmar Union queries for Karsten

Post by Ghaznavid » Mon May 24, 2010 5:07 am

Yes the *0-6 for the fully armoured Gendarmes should be *4-6. Basically if there were German Gendarmes, they were brought by the Counts of Holstein, etc. who then pretty invariably would also field their well equipped retinue.

Swedish Rebel allies...
Hmmm, yes, messy wording. An ally should be allowed to field a single BG of mounted.

Personally I still think the Swedish might profit from being split off into a separate list of their own.
Karsten

~ We are not surrounded, we are merely in a target rich environment. ~

nikgaukroger
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by nikgaukroger » Mon May 24, 2010 7:01 am

Ghaznavid wrote: Personally I still think the Swedish might profit from being split off into a separate list of their own.
Still time to do that - but has to be by Friday please.
Nik Gaukroger

"Never ask a man if he comes from Yorkshire. If he does, he will tell you.
If he does not, why humiliate him?" - Canon Sydney Smith

nikgaukroger@blueyonder.co.uk

nikgaukroger
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by nikgaukroger » Fri May 28, 2010 2:40 pm

nikgaukroger wrote:
Ghaznavid wrote: Personally I still think the Swedish might profit from being split off into a separate list of their own.
Still time to do that - but has to be by Friday please.

Karsten, are we doing this or is there not time?
Nik Gaukroger

nikgaukroger
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by nikgaukroger » Sun May 30, 2010 8:49 pm

Swedish Rebel allies...
Hmmm, yes, messy wording. An ally should be allowed to field a single BG of mounted.

Personally I still think the Swedish might profit from being split off into a separate list of their own.

Doesn't look like we're getting a separate list from Karsten, so how do we unpick this issue? Must admit I've not really looked at it to date, hoping that Karsten would tackle it :cry:
Nik Gaukroger

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott » Mon May 31, 2010 8:04 am

I am working on the assumption that Swedish rebel allies only appear in Swedish rebel armies.

On that assumption I suggest we remove the Swedish allies from the Kalmar Union ally list entirely and add the following to the Swedish Rebels special campaign section in the main list. (Moved to just under the "Swedish 'Rebel' Armies" heading).
Swedish Rebel armies cannot include more than 4 Scandinavian gendarmes, more than 12 mounted bases, nor any German, French, Scottish or Landsknecht troops. Only Swedish Rebel allies are permitted. Swedish Rebel ally commanders can command any of the troops permitted in the army, but must command at least one Battle Group of Swedish select levy. Troops in Swedish Rebel ally contingents are deducted from the maxima in the main list.

Ally Commander Field Commander/Troop Commander 50/35 0-2

(I will make these changes when I next have version control).

As far as I can see there are also no Kalmar Union allies except in the Kalmar Union army (in this book or Trade & Treachery), in which case, perhaps a similar treatment could be adopted for Kalmar Union allies, which would save a rather boring page in the book.

This could be something as simple as:
Scandinavian ally commanders cannot command French or Scottish troops, and can command up to half the maximum of any other permitted troop type. Troops in Scandinavian ally contingents are deducted from the maxima in the main list.
This pretty much corresponds to the existing ally list, and wastes a lot less space. (As who the hell is going to bother with Scandinavian ally contingents in a Kalmar Union army anyway, except for historical refights).

nikgaukroger
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by nikgaukroger » Mon May 31, 2010 9:08 am

I can't think of anyone that needs a Kalmar Union ally - they'd be in this book or Trade & Treachery and I can't see any.
Nik Gaukroger

Ghaznavid

Post by Ghaznavid » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:34 am

Sorry about that, I actually started to do a Swedish Rebels list, but it seems all files that were written to since my SATA-controller went bad are irrevocably corrupted now. :(
On topic: Kalmar Union... probably not needed as ally at least as far as land armies go. Navalwise it would be a different story, but since we do not cover that. Your solution for the Swedish ally problem also sounds sensible.
Karsten

~ We are not surrounded, we are merely in a target rich environment. ~

Return to “FoGR Lists”