Skirmish Mode?

PC : Battle Academy is a turn based tactical WWII game with almost limitless modding opportnuities.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

davelogan69
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Skirmish Mode?

Post by davelogan69 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:17 pm

Is there any thought about adding a skirmish mode against the AI? Pick a map, pick a nation, use a random army or choose units, and play. This just a suggestion, but it could make or break the game for me at least.

rich12545
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by rich12545 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:41 pm

I'm trying to put together something like this but I'm kind of computer challenged so it's slow. "Skirmish Campaign." It's doable but it takes scripting and I'm trying to learn how to make a generic one for all the scenarios. Except for the victory flags, they have to be placed in each battle. I'll probably have something within a couple of weeks using stock maps and user maps that I've downloaded.

But the game really should make it easy. Like you said. Go to skirmish mode in the game. Pick a map. Pick a unit type (mainly infantry, armor, etc). Pick number of turns incl unlimited. A couple other variables. And off you go.

davelogan69

Post by davelogan69 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:14 pm

Exactly. It should be a choice on the main menu and laid out precisely like you said. Well I am glad someone is working on it.

ssouthrey
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by ssouthrey » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:59 am

A skirmish mode would be a phenomenal add-on. It would make the game much more replayable. Allow you to make a quick game to practice strategy or if you don't want to go online.

davelogan69

Post by davelogan69 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:20 am

It would be nice to hear from someone from Slitherine if they're even thinking about including it in an upcoming patch. I added a post to the needed additions thread saying it was by far the most important thing to be added. Hopefully someone will take notice.

rich12545

Post by rich12545 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:31 pm

I'd be surprised if it's going to be added in a patch. Maybe an expansion pack. I was looking at the Field of Fire series over the weekend and it seems that's what happened there.

Return to “Battle Academy”