Questions

PC : Battle Academy is a turn based tactical WWII game with almost limitless modding opportnuities.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

TotalWar
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Questions

Post by TotalWar » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:00 am

Is there a way to turn off the music but still leave the battle sounds on?

Are there plans, or can you do it already, to be able to select which side you are in a campaign. For example:- the desert campaign, at the moment you play as the British attacking or defending the AI Germans. I would love it, if I could select, before the campaign starts, to be the Germans fighting the AI British in exactly the same battles. I know the campaigns are scripted for one side to attack the other to defend etc, but is there a way a plug in could automatically change this? I believe some people are doing it manually, but I and many others may struggle to do that.

many thanks

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:10 am

Unfortunately not - the scenarios are designed to be played from one side only and would need to be built from scratch to be played the other way round.

maximvs
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by maximvs » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:05 am

Music -

Yes, press ESC whilst in a battle and there's a slider for 'Music' and a slider for 'SFX - Sound Effects' if I remember correctly.
Last edited by maximvs on Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ryben
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by Ryben » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:28 pm

iainmcneil wrote:Unfortunately not - the scenarios are designed to be played from one side only and would need to be built from scratch to be played the other way round.
Are you planning to release more campaigns to be played as Axis? (Not counting Blitzkrieg expansion)

Sleet
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by Sleet » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:25 pm

Just a suggestion.
There is a great editor that comes with the game.... :idea:

:)

tim1966
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by tim1966 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:28 pm

With the new plugin in it should be reasonably easy to alter scenarios to be played as Germans. They probably won't be very balanced but then war never is...
Models from Tim's Surplus Store ... Established 1966 ... Open 24/7 ... closed for TEA TIME

Return to “Battle Academy”