New Free Content Released for Battle Academy!

PC : Battle Academy is a turn based tactical WWII game with almost limitless modding opportnuities.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:00 am

Community-made maps and missions for PC, Mac, and iPad versions!

We are excited to announce the release of a free community pack for the critically-acclaimed tactical strategy game Battle Academy for iPad, PC and Mac. Created by some of the best modders from the community, this free content pack contains something for everyone, both online and off!

In the content pack there are two campaigns, one for single player titled “Crete: Operation Mercury” by “LouisM”. Command German airborne troops during the invasion of Crete in May 1941. Five missions including new units, custom game mechanics, and a brand new tileset bring the battle for the Greek island to life! The second is a multiplayer Force Selection mission pack titled “Fast & Sneaky” by “GottaLove88s”,”Enric”, and “rf900”. This features three force selection maps each offering a different challenge. In Force Selection, players can pick and choose their forces to fight rather than pre-made battlegroups. Want to use more infantry, or all armor? Try a defensive force or a manouvre force? You have those options and more in this pack plus new commands to merge injured infantry units and swap gridlocked units.

Getting this new content is quick and easy! Just select Campaigns->User Content can you can download it direct to your iPad, PC or Mac. Within minutes you are on new battlefields and in new situations that are sure to challenge your strategic mind!

Get more information Battle Academy from its official product page on the Slitherine or Matrix Games site.

For additional screenshots of the new content, click here for a RAR or use the following links:

http://www.slitherine.com/files/bbc_ba/ ... Crete1.jpg
http://www.slitherine.com/files/bbc_ba/ ... Crete3.jpg
http://www.slitherine.com/files/bbc_ba/ ... Crete4.jpg
http://www.slitherine.com/files/bbc_ba/ ... Crete5.jpg
http://www.slitherine.com/files/bbc_ba/ ... MPMap3.jpg
http://www.slitherine.com/files/bbc_ba/ ... MPMap2.jpg
http://www.slitherine.com/files/bbc_ba/ ... MPMap1.jpg

About Battle Academy

Approachable, absorbing and visually impressive yet detailed, Battle Academy revolutionizes the strategy games market with a blend of intuitive design and compelling game play driven by cutting edge technical innovation.

Inspired by an original online game concept devised by the BBC, the game has more than 30 battles in a range of theatres of war from the North African desert through D-Day to the to the snowy Ardennes mountains where the Allies battled to repel the final German offensive.

The team at Slitherine worked with Professor John Buckley, Military Historian at the University of Wolverhampton and a keen wargamer himself, to make sure that the strategy, tactics, scenarios and available firepower of the battles fought in WW2 were turned into realistic AI behavior, powering expertly crafted battles.

gortwillsaveus
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Re: New Free Content Released for Battle Academy!

Post by gortwillsaveus » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:07 pm

Crete! I loved Crete in the original Panzer General,..can't wait to try it!

iandavidsmith
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by iandavidsmith » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:47 am

For you Ipad BA users and the Pip , i could not download the new user contact
via my ipad , in fact all previous user contact had disappeared , even after
restarting the the Ipad. The only way i could get it was to uninstall BA on the Ipad
and reinstall it again via itunes , you will loose all the game and have to do the
tutorial battle again to unlock the other scenarios.

Hope this helps
Cheers
Ian

GottaLove88s
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Post by GottaLove88s » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:41 am

Thanks for the tip IDS, I had the same problem. Couldn't see the new content on iPad, so followed your advice.
Deleted BA and re-installed for free from iTunes... Suddenly I can see the new content.
Will have to re-install the paid-for Slith scenarios though...
SCENARIO LINKS
Seelow'45 -> www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=313&t=55132
Normandy'44 -> www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=42094
Dieppe'42 -> www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=42347

GottaLove88s

Post by GottaLove88s » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:44 am

Gents, If you've downloaded previous versions of Fast & Sneaky MP, using the forum links over the summer, please delete those older versions. Slith have called the user-content version something slightly different, so it's smarter to download the campaign from within the BA app, so players can find each other. I'll put up a warning on the Fast & Sneaky pages...

SCREENSHOTS -> viewtopic.php?f=87&t=36211&p=340821&hil ... ky#p340796
DETAILED DESCRIPTION & Development History -> viewtopic.php?f=87&t=36065&p=339740&hil ... ky#p338940

Thanks!
GL88
SCENARIO LINKS
Seelow'45 -> www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=313&t=55132
Normandy'44 -> www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=42094
Dieppe'42 -> www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=42347

Mockingbird
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Mockingbird » Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:14 pm

Just want to let you know I did not have any issues downloading the new content on my iPad 2. Works fine... Did not need to reinstall - it was available as advertised.

Thanks very much for the new content and looking forward to more offerings. Battle on!

Blathergut
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by Blathergut » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:36 am

No problem seeing new downloadables or downloading them. (iPad2)

pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:59 pm

Hmmm - very odd iPad issues. We of course tested it on iPad on release. I will dig down and see what could be causing it, although I really didn't change very much.

Cheers

Pip

Return to “Battle Academy”