Unable to create another MP game

PC : Battle Academy is a turn based tactical WWII game with almost limitless modding opportnuities.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

pk867
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Re: Unable to create another MP game

Post by pk867 »

Hi Well when I check my challenge, their is one name MOHAMED53 with over 70 games in his name.

What is up with that?
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

pk867 wrote:Hi Well when I check my challenge, their is one name MOHAMED53 with over 70 games in his name.

What is up with that?
Indeed. And a player bringing that issue to my attention is the reason we spotted that the limits were disabled.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
ERommel
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by ERommel »

pipfromslitherine wrote:
pk867 wrote:Hi Well when I check my challenge, their is one name MOHAMED53 with over 70 games in his name.

What is up with that?
Indeed. And a player bringing that issue to my attention is the reason we spotted that the limits were disabled.

Cheers

Pip
To Pip,
Look, once in a while you'll get a dude so excited about his new game purchase and playing online that he goes a bit overboard with the challenges. That said, I don't find that overly problematic. Your response, I would argue was far less than fair and punitive in nature. The status quo for the past year has been NO LIMIT. I can understand the reasons why you need a limit however and that is why I suggested a limit of 40. This would be enough for those that love to play your game as well as for those that require additional challenge numbers to test play developing games, that is those of us that are hard at work supporting this community by developing scenarios and mods. Your nonchalant attitude and way of telling me that "modders have been fine with the limit of 20" clearly shows that you were clueless. The fact is that for at least a year there has been no limit....and that is why modders and developers have been happy...including myself.

Seriously...it is a no brainer and your way of dealing with this issue fails the smell test. Do the right thing Pip and change it to 40 so that I can get going on posting the many updates and new scenarios I have. I will be sending out invitations to about 20 members waiting to play test with me.

Like I said...it is a no brainer but if you insist on dictating this than please email me the email address to the company head of Slitherine so that I can make my appeal to him directly and spew off my opinions of how you have managed this fiasco.

Cheers!
Imagine yourself acclaimed, a decorated national hero, an idol to millions of desperate people, then within six months, condemned to death by hanging.
- Joachim Peiper
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

While I'm not sure of the timescale for the accidental disabling of the limits I can say is that, prior to being turned off, we didn't see people having major issues with the game limits when building mods etc. That said, I have asked the server team to up the limit for running games to try and allay any issues that might occur for modders.

Cheers

Pip
ERommel

Post by ERommel »

pipfromslitherine wrote:While I'm not sure of the timescale for the accidental disabling of the limits I can say is that, prior to being turned off, we didn't see people having major issues with the game limits when building mods etc. That said, I have asked the server team to up the limit for running games to try and allay any issues that might occur for modders.

Cheers

Pip
Thank you very much. Could you please provide more details. What is the limit and when will it begin.

Cheers
Imagine yourself acclaimed, a decorated national hero, an idol to millions of desperate people, then within six months, condemned to death by hanging.
- Joachim Peiper
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

I believe it has been back in place for at least a day now. I have asked for the global limit (which is a combination of open challenges and running games) to be raised to 30. This is based on the feedback here on the forums, balanced by server needs and the fact that we don't have the ability to alter the limits in a more fine-grained manner.

Cheers

Pip
ERommel

Post by ERommel »

pipfromslitherine wrote:I believe it has been back in place for at least a day now. I have asked for the global limit (which is a combination of open challenges and running games) to be raised to 30. This is based on the feedback here on the forums, balanced by server needs and the fact that we don't have the ability to alter the limits in a more fine-grained manner.

Cheers

Pip

Thank you. 30 is not the 40 I was hoping for but at least it is better than 20.

:)
- Joachim Peiper
ERommel

Post by ERommel »

I could not post more than 10 challenges although I only have a few open games at the moment.

Just updated my Peiper Campaign. It now includes up to 8 out of 20 scenarios
viewtopic.php?f=105&t=46897
- Joachim Peiper
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

That is correct. There is a limit of 10 outstanding challenges, which forms part of the 30 game total limit.

Cheers

Pip
tmoj2000
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by tmoj2000 »

Well the limit is again not working... Cant create new games

Guys, seriously, can you set it to 50 and get this over with

20 is really too low.... Half or more of the games are inactive most of the time, so a limit of 20 really means about 10 games or less that you can play....

I am playing this game only in MP and as a paying customer who owns all the modules I dont see why I should have this kind of limitation........

Thanks
ERommel

Post by ERommel »

tmoj2000 wrote:Well the limit is again not working... Cant create new games

Guys, seriously, can you set it to 50 and get this over with

20 is really too low.... Half or more of the games are inactive most of the time, so a limit of 20 really means about 10 games or less that you can play....

I am playing this game only in MP and as a paying customer who owns all the modules I dont see why I should have this kind of limitation........

Thanks

And this from a regular customer. If a regular customer feels he needs 50 simply to be guaranteed to have some games waiting for him after work you can imagine the frustration felt like someone like me that has more than 20 games in the making (not playing but actually making).

Customer service can make or break a company.
- Joachim Peiper

Return to “Battle Academy”