Apparent Bugs on iPhone version

iPad/PC/PSP/iPhone : Fast paced empire building strategy game, with city management, armies, battles, diplomacy and more.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

testingtesting123
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Apparent Bugs on iPhone version

Post by testingtesting123 »

Hi all,

i have a few problems, hoping someone can give me some tips to resolving.

I have the iPhone version of the game and am playing it on an iPad.

When you go into battle i believe you are supposed to be able to hover/click on your potential opponent and a comparison screen comes up letting you know whether attacking is a good idea or not. I can not get this screen up? The only way to do it is to click on your opponent and let go, the screen then flashes up for about 1/10th of a second but is of course pointless as this is a) too fast, and b) a bit late as you have already launched the attack.

My assumption is that I am doing something wrong and someone can help me with this?

Played a fair bit but far too often the game hangs and crashes, i have to reboot the iPad to correct the problem. I have around 100 apps on the iPad and work in the software development so am fairly familiar with software bugs, this is the only app i have that has ever crashed whilst playing.

In one case the game crashed and everytime i reloaded the saved game and tried again it crashed at the same point. It is after you have pressed end turn. Only thing I could see that was uncommon was that i was 1 turn from completing the 1st upgrade on my pyramid. I was playing Egypt on normal difficulty.

Anyone got any bright ideas for any of the above. I have not seen any patches for the game on iTunes.

these problems are annoying as the game is otherwise excellent, but I am coming close to giving up on it at the moment, and certainly could not recommend it to my friends until the stability issues are sorted out

Ta

Andy Watkins
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Hi Andy

sorry you are having problems. Is there any way to get your saved game with a crash off the iPhone and sent to us? I don't know if that is possible technically. Crashing is not a problem we see here so we can't repeat it and can't fix it. Do you have the issue on the iPhone as well as the iPad as we did not do any testing on iPad as it was released before the iPad was available here.

We'll check out the pyramid issue and see if that could be a reason for the crash.
testingtesting123

Post by testingtesting123 »

Sorry apple are pretty protective about where stuff is I have no idea how to get it to you.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong with the comparison screen?

Andy

Return to “Egypt - Engineering an Empire”