Fog of war

Tech support for PC & Mac. Please post your OS and version number when reporting bugs.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, NewRoSoft, FoG PC Moderator

Micha63
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Fog of war

Post by Micha63 »

Is a "Fog of war available in " Field of glory " and how can i activate it ?
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

You need to have one of the army packs and this unlocks it. Then when starting a game you'll get a check box to turn it on/off.
Micha63

Post by Micha63 »

Thanks for the fast answer.
I think i will purchase more army packs because this game is really great, for me the best i found during the last years.
But i hope criticism is allowed here and i will not be banned for it.
Sorry, in my opinion its not really fair that "Fog of war "depends on purchase a addon for a game, never heard this before.
Its a bitter pill in the sweet wine of this game . I think for a great game like this such kind of buissness is not necessary.
But i"m only a human and maybe i"m wrong.
Strategiusz
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: Fog of war

Post by Strategiusz »

I am in this situation. I have bought this game. I was thinking "Well, I don't have much money, but 2 armies is enough for me". Now I see that I must buy a addon to have a game I was expecting to have out of the box (I was watching videos on yt, so I have seen fog of war). For me a strategy game without for of war is not a real strategy game. Jesus, how can you even make this game without fog of war in the first place?

OK, so which addon or army pack I have to buy EXACTLY? I don't want to buy a addon just for seeing I bought wrong addon which not "unlocks" fog of war.
fogman
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by fogman »

i would think you should get it if you've patched the game to v1.8. you're not missing much though. fog of war makes the game less realistic not more.
Strategiusz
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Strategiusz »

I had patched this game by the build-in updater to 1.8.1. It was some error during this process, but it looked like the game was patched to 1.8.1 anyway.

The surprise for me was that when I have joined to multiplayer game created by someone who has some addon or addons and he set fog of war on, in our game I have fog of war. I can't create any game with fog of war on myself, but now my butt-hurt is significantly smaller :D

To be sure I have downloaded patch 1.8. and 1.8.1 and I have reinstalled the game and patched it manually. It went without errors but it didn't help.
Calvitious
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Calvitious »

I'm happy for you Madlock because I asked this exact question to the Support during Christmas Sales, and even if they were kind enough to answer me during their break, they totally lost me with inaccurate answer.

From what I seen and at the contrary of their indications:
- Every features describe in the army pack ( such as improved AI and stuff ) are now include in the updated vanilla game.
- Except for Fog of War option. You have to buy any pack to get this one even if the feature is just described in Immortal Empire and Rome packs.
- If you haven't any pack you can still join a match with this feature and enjoy it. Which is really fair in my humble opinion. A good way to go.

The game is great, Cothyso does a lot to improve it actually and the support is quick and friendly. But sadly description products on Store pages are clearly outdated and it's really hard to get the truth from the false.
Strategiusz
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Strategiusz »

Thanks for dispersing the fog of buying!

Return to “Field of Glory : Tech Support”